OFFICIAL LA Galaxy 2 USL Pro Team 2014

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by forie, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    My effort to be fair to him is to recognize that he does show great flexibility in approach which can be a good thing. In the off season he went out to get us a winger and someone to cross to. But against Chivas he reversed that and played a possession lineup. If we never use the crossing approach, then the inconsistency results in wasted resources. But it does give us the option of trying different styles against different teams depending on how we match up.

The Cadaver repped this.
  2. forie

forie Member+

Sep 14, 2007
    Costa Mesa
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good article. I liked hearing that Keane requested for their lockers to be next to each other so he can mentor him!

@LAGalaxyInsider: Need Champions League halftime reading? Check out my feature on the incredible journey of @LAGalaxy HGP Raul Mendiola http://t.co/8gMvKb1Lii

TrickHog and ragbone repped this.
  3. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Track Stadium =/= Soccer Stadium. #Fact

4. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And thus, a new tagline idea was create:

There Is Only One Way To Play: The GaLAxy Way.

5. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    jmaestro repped this.
  7. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  8. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny. It will be good to see him on the field and be able to evaluate how he is coming along. There is no point in being predisposed to criticize. If he fails, it is a failure by the team. If he can regain form, he can be a useful albeit not starting player for LAG. Depth is good, and that is the best I am hoping for at this point.

By the same token, if he is not good, that should be reported as well. Not because I want to complain. I don't. But because fair is fair.

9. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruce is the American Tim Sherwood. That's why I don't have faith in him as a manager long term, with MLS changing and becoming more tactically savvy every day

10. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    id honestly want to see Zardes loaned to GII to start with McBean. To me they are the future strikeforce of the Galaxy and that could be terrific experience to get Zardes playing every single game. He doesn't cut it on our first team today, ESPECIALLY as a winger. Up front we are stacked

11. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like a couple of the youngsters aren't going to be playing GII this weekend and will instead be at the Dallas Cup. Sorto and McBean and Jameison are all going to be in the Super Group against Fluminese, Chivas and Anderlecht.

12. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Is this going to be the Galaxy U-18 team plus the alumni young enough to play U-19?

13. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the roster I will put in the academy thread if you are interested. The u16s are also playing in the international generation adidas cup.

14. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

forie repped this.
  15. forie

forie Member+

Sep 14, 2007
    Costa Mesa
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @LAGalaxyII: The available substitutes for #LAvSRFC: Laurendi, Rugg, Bowen, Covarrubias, Rogers, Venter, Arreola

16. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so robbie starts on the bench. not surprising since he hasn't been playing. hope he gets a solid 20 or 30 minutes. at this point i'll be pretty happy if he looks lively and excited to out there.

17. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't been impressed with Emory so far this season at LB. I actually hope that Rogers gets transformed into a LB. If Bruce wants the Galaxy to play a 4-3-3 or the diamond midfield there really isn't a spot for Rogers in those formations; except for on the bench.

However with both those formations ideally we have speedy fullbacks that bomb down the flanks providing width and crosses. That would be perfect for Rogers who's always been praised for his work rate and defensive effort.

18. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also not sure what Courtois is doing being listed as striker. However I hope the G2 squad also starts playing with the diamond midfield as well with Mendiola at the point.

19. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is the audio off for anyone else? like not in sync with the video?

20. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Seems a little jerky, but not too much off

21. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Now its way off

22. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally fixed.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Audio is still drifting out sync.

23. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sacramento Republic FC played and lost last night to the OC Blues. I'm sure they feel fine now, but we're going to see some tired legs in the 2nd half.

24. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    The sound has been way off for me the entire match (20 or 30 seconds) ahead of the video and now is only 3 or 4 seconds ahead

25. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I've come around to the opinion that we'll be be successful because we spend more than other team. But we're not actually any good at running a business. I think Chris Klein is in over his head. He was going to be a financial advisor, but because he was he was a marginally decent soccer player, now he's president of the Galaxy . There's no obsessiveness about getting things right in this organization. And that comes from the top.