Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part IX [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He is not starting or on the bench today. So much for having a match to watch. I'll have to wait until Sat.

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Apparently Kim Min Woo scored a hattrick. If someone can get me a utube video OMG.

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfzSeuTJhEY&feature=feedu"]20110914?????vs???????? - YouTube[/ame]

:cool:

2 people repped this.
  4. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Nowhere to be seen in the highlight outside of the goals. Not a good sign.

Yoon Junghwan gained a bit of weight lol

5. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    i got a question about sakus post on goal number five. there is a really long throw in.

how come i never see throw ins like that in other games? how are you supposed to defend against it?

thanx in advance to the heroic individual who answers.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You can throw it as far as you want. I recall back in school, we'd all horse around with the somersault throw-in to see how far we could get it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVAD8Zl5ngg"]Flip Throw To Face - YouTube[/ame]

Also, there is no offside on a throw-in so its helpful to have defenders who can chuck it far... make it like a set piece in the offensive half.

That said, a long throw in is slow and fairly easy to defend (both because its speed, lack of curve, high arc) as we saw in the video where the goalkeeper should have caught it. Thus its usually better to drop it closer to a skillful crosser who can deliver with more pace, curve, etc. or just keep possession.

EDIT: ps. how tall is he? he looks 5' tall.

1 person likes this.
  7. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
  8. LABOO

LABOO Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm starting to worry about the difference between our players and Japanese abroad. :(

Players who have earned playing time in the big 4 leagues this week.

Korea
    Ji Dong-Won (EPL) - 9 minutes
    Koo Ja-Cheol (Bundesliga) - 46 minutes
    Son Heung-Min (Bundesliga) - 34 minutes
    Total - 89 minutes

Japan
    Ienaga (La Liga) - 44 minutes
    Nagatomo (Serie A) - 90 minutes
    Morimoto (Serie A) - 90 minutes + 1 goal
    Okazaki (Bundesliga) - 81 minutes
    Kagawa (Bundesliga) - 90 minutes + 1 goal
    Uchida (Bundesliga) - 90 minutes
    Hosogai (Bundesliga) - 90 minutes + 1 goal
    Hasebe (Bundesliga) - 90 minutes
    Total - 665 minutes

9. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    usually it's not that bad, but yeah they do have more in Euro...

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    aww... does it keep you up at nights? lol :p

11. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    there population is bigger (more players) and they don't have to go to the army.
    Korean euro players careers basically end at 28/29 years old.

12. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    one thing u left out thats important when comparing is the ages. i wouldnt put too much stock into those. PCY is at a new club and PJS well we all know hes a situational player now until he leaves. Park Joo-ho also didnt play so thats 90 less minutes there. SHM and GJC were recently out with injuries and Cha is still out. this is basically a non-issue.

as someone else mentioned there are other factors involved. population size, military service, japanese clubs giving players for peanuts, etc.

13. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The bottom line is that their players began an exodus into Europe more collectively and more or less at the same time to where they are all getting significant time on the pitch. Its no huge secret they've taken on a whole new development internationally that in all likelihood is making them a better team national team in the end. I don't think that info posted establishes anything new. This is something you should already know.

And JSP being a situational player? I think my posts earlier in that thread with a certain gook shows I was right about his status. If was situational like you and he say, he would've been on the pitch today for sure. He's a pine rider for all intents and purposes. Its fine though. Just means I won't be eager to wake up early for United games like I used to.

14. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LCY, Cha are injured, Son HM came back from injury, PCY is at a new club settling in and PJS is in MANCHESTER f'kin UNITED. Although im a bit disapointed he didn't start cuz SAF uses him for big games. Park Joo Ho ussually plays 90 aswell. But then again they were missing Honda...just hope the 3 kids in Barca and 2 in Valencia develope into beasts. Beak Seung Ho and Lee Seung Woo seem to be on the right track scoring goals and getting awards. Im not too worried. And it sucks how Korean players Euro careers end at 28 :(. Oh well

15. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You mean 3 at Barca, 1 at Valencia, 2 at Almeria :D

16. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Stop obsessing over KPA match minutes vs J-euro match minutes this early into the season. Right now, whatever happens - happens. But we're not even in December yet and panic mode posts appear...

Besides, we have bigger issues to deal with - like wtf is going on with our K-League clubs and their poor defending in the AFC CL!??? :mad:

This along with defending in general for the K-League has bigger ramifications on our KNT. Our KPAs in Europe right now (aside from the average to below average Jung Jo Goog, Suk Hyun Jun and Park Joo Ho [- might as well throw DR Cha into here]) all represent our top echelon talent (at various age levels) who will have (or are having) successful careers.

Sit back, enjoy their performances and take a holistic/long term view. All this knee-jerk panicking will seem a bit silly by the end of the season. ;)

Oh and those kids we have in Spain (and one in England) - please stop obsessing over them. It's wayyyyyy too soon. Give them breathing room. It's ok to check up on their progress once in awhile, but pinning hopes on them is unhealthy for all involved imo. ;)

17. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  18. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yoo Jae-Hoon's saves against Erbil in the AFC 2011 Quarter-Finals. The dude is better than Kim Jin-Hyeon if you ask me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_bl0RFCcSI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_bl0RFCcSI&feature=related[/ame]

19. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
  20. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  21. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I added him lolol
    Too bad I can't read a damn thing that's on the page....

22. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Does anyone know how Kim Seon-Il is doing in FK Radnički Niš (Serbian League)?

23. SuiSidal12st

SuiSidal12st Red Card

Oct 5, 2011
    no one cares

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  25. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010