Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part IX [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its going to be a busy morning tomorrow if all of our boys get some minutes. Wolfsburg, Hamburg, Sunderland, and Celtic.

2. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Gwi Hyeon Kim is Korean and came by himself to Argentina just 11 years. Signed contract and now trains with First Vélez. Adapted to the country, has experienced difficulties on arrival, "went to school and disapproved of it," he says. Today even know what it means to be "trout."

Born in South Korea on January 4, 1990 and 11 years after he arrived in Buenos Aires to fulfill the dream they have many children who come to the Capital: First play football. Although the story of Kim Gwi Hyeon is different from the kids coming from the interior of the country. Kim has lived for ten years in Argentina with Armando and Norma, a marriage that brought him to Korea, and four colleagues. I recently signed its first contract with Velez, training with the first team, and the proceedings in their selection, is a five promises.

- When did you start playing soccer? -From a very young, I always liked. In Korea did not play anything else. Even studying, was vague, ha. At 11 I went to learn at a club called Naha. I was just an Argentine coach, Armando Martinez. Was it a coincidence because there is very hard to find a Argentina. I moved to another city to go to that club and lived in a kind of pension.

- Did you dream of playing in Major League Soccer? Yes. Although not much is known beyond. Messi is only known and Selection. League's only talk of River, Boca and Velez now because I am.

- How did this come to Argentina? -Armando had to return and offered me to come. I thought he was joking. At first I wanted to come very far, the customs are different. I discussed it with my family and convinced them it was best for me. I was very young, he was 11. Traveled half forced by the situation, thinking about my progress.

'But you came ...

Yes. It was hard. There are 12 hours away, scale in Germany awaiting a few hours and 13 to Argentina. A day and a half.

- What record your arrival in Buenos Aires? 'I saw a totally different from mine. The city is different. In Korea it's all perfect and neat.

- Did he understand anything? -No. It's awful that you can not speak and understand a word, you feel bad. My colleagues told me "World 2002". But I understood nothing. I remember I asked Armando and he explained.

- How long did it take to learn Spanish? In two years, and understood everything and learned to speak three. Before that only understand "how are you?" Or "good" and some things on the field. It was very difficult. Sometimes misunderstood in training and would do anything, ha.

- Did you go to school? Yes. I went to a school in Avellaneda Arabic. He spoke almost no Castilian but was to join, meet people who know people. If the teacher dictated could not write anything. Disapproved of everything but the important thing was to go, meet and fellowship.

- Do you miss a lot? Yes. I communicated via chat or phone. But I always put up with me and played me. I could go home two years later because I made a documentary of my country and I paid everything.

- What impressed you most about Argentina? That the people live with tranquility, much peace and joy. In my village people are very demanding, live under pressure and are very strict and demanding. For example, if a team before a player lost or lost the ball to punish him with a stick. Now that has changed a bit. To me, luckily, I had to train with Armando, who had no such costumbres.Zafé of blows, ha.

-You seem adapted.

Yes. Now listen to cumbia, my favorite food is mashed cutlets and even nap, ha.

- How do you call your friends? -Many people tell me Kim, it's my name. Or some say I Claudius.

- Why is Claudio? -Armando Koreans went to 40 children and was complicated because the names are screwed. Then put several words on a blackboard and we had to choose. Some were "Trout", "Mencho." We did not understand what he said and fortunately chose Claudio. When I came to Argentina asked what they meant and found out what was "trout." I screwed up with laughter.

-Sign your first contract with Velez. What are you waiting now? 'I'm very excited. Insults learned them so hopefully I puteen ha. Argentines are passionate, I dream that I cheer.

3. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    if he ever gets good enough will he come to the KNT?

4. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    lol probably

5. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He recently got a cap with HMB's squad.

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Im actually quite surprised (not disappointed) that there hasnt been as many transfers of Korean players going to Europe, as i hoped.
    Im hoping for some transfers before the windows close soon.

7. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    kinda bummed out kim bo kyung didn't get a move worked out

8. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    His NT debut was alright if not typical. Fast and good skills but lacked composure and vision but then again it was his first NT match with his parents watching. Friggin sad as heck.

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Would help if he got highlighted at NT level. If the manager is playing out of position people ahead of you...

10. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    read about yoon bitgaram potential bundesliga move in the PCY thread...does anyone have any idea? I'm going to guess it's bremen

11. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Does anyone know what happen to Nam Ik-Kyung? He use to play for JJK and is currently playing at FC Haka in the Finnish league, but I never heard any news about him since then.

12. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I looked up the club a while back when someone mentioned Koreans abroad but I didn't find him on the current roster for the club's Wiki page. Didn't bother to search further...

13. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    His height is 168cm...that's pretty short for a Korean player now a days (Ki:188cm, Ji:183cm, Wookie:194cm, etc). :S Any videos of him playing though?

15. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Ji is not that short and ki is not that tall.

For kim, his height shouldn't be an issue either.

16. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Short players have great ball control and balance (Cough) Messi (Cough). Not saying he's gonna be like Messi but let's hope he can turn out to become a solid European based player.

17. Corea10

Corea10 Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The only match I saw him in was the Olympic qualifier against China I think? There's a thread for that so try and dig it up. I'm sure there were highlights for it. He may or may not be in them.

18. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh, you misunderstood Hodori. Ji, Ki, and Wookie were the examples of the tall players we have. :) Also Ki not that tall? Hodori, I'm getting the feeling that your about 191cm?:D

19. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ki is 184.6 cm barefoot :D

20. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And Ji is 187 cm, not 183. You got their heights wrong, dude.

21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    They're a few matches into the apetura already.

22. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sh!t, my bad. :eek: I got Wookie's and Ji's height wrong, but I don't know about Ki people say he is 188cm. :confused:

Correction:
    Ji: 187cm (off by 4cm)
    Wookie: 196cm (off by 2cm)
    Ki:???

23. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  24. Corea10

Corea10 Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bro, Jitevra posted this on the previous page already.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited for him! Hopefully becomes a solid defensive mid.