Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part IX [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu4jJM6avE&NR=1&feature=fvwp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu4jJM6avE&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/ame]

looks like he has good pace, strength, but more importantly...that killer instinct. wow!

2. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    He was playing on the right wing last year as well but his season has been harmed by injuries. He had a great first game then next to nothing but he'll probably find his form back.

4. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Never realized this guy was this good until now

5. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not if he cashed in from Al Hilal paying him more than a Euro club was willing to.

6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    That's why when CKR used Cho Young Chul as the RB in a friendly, it was a complete wtf moment.

I thought he was one of the best performers in the Nigeria friendly last August when LCY was excused from playing. I would feel very comfortable having him play RW in place of LCY if something ever happened.

I agree with you on LYP. I thought it was a very smart move to cash out in the middle east. It allowed him to stay in match shape by playing weekly and stay in Asia so he wouldn't be too affected by international duties.

And most importantly, since his wages were tax free (and stars in the middle east get a COLA), he was probably the highest earner after taxes on the KNT in terms of wages.

Now that he's retired internationally, perhaps he's got the option to (a) stay in the middle east and earn another monster pay day, or (b) move to Europe and get a EU passport for his family. Either way, kudos to him. I always felt like he was one of our smartest leaders.

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have to be honest. I thought for a while that the fellow JYJ in PJS exhibition referred to CYC. Hahahaha. I figured he mig be a huge k league star or something. Needless to say, I do not listen to Kpop

8. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Anyone know if Kim Kwi Hyun will get any 1st team action next season?

9. pakkim88

pakkim88 Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Two DPRK's footballers signed in danish team fc Vestsjælland:
    forward Ri Myong-Jun and midfielder Jong Il-Ju.

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    We have a NK thread. Please talk about it there. I don't want to read up on where the hell they're sending their players. For all I care, they should be using the funds spent on developing these kids to feed their starving populace, not on their football program. Another reason why we shouldn't give any support to NK...

11. pakkim88

pakkim88 Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Wow...politically correct! :eek:

12. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    its not political correctness. some of us just dont care about NK futbol and would rather not read about it.

13. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I swear I read the last three series of posts last week too. Deja vu?

14. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    different thread ironically (i think). lol

we'll get it right one of these times

15. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah I think it was a different thread. But still fun.

16. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Hey Jitevra rememeber when you said Bitgaram was supposedly linked with Bremen? I was just browsing through that ROKfootballsite and this guy claims that Bremen offered 2 mill but was turned down by Gyeongnam...not sure how credible his claims are though.

http://forum.rokfootball.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=37157

17. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    omg what are we the new J-League? I hope this isn't true. This guy is even less polished than JDW. Maybe he should learn to defend in the K-League first....
    We already know he has the talent, what he needs is playing time and good competition, and K-League has enough of that. Even for JDW and more for YBGR, just moving to Europe isn't necessarily a step forward for your career....

18. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I somewhat agree that he shouldnt move now...

but Yoon Bitgaram less polished than Ji Dong Won? I actually differ. Bit-garam has been a key player for his team all around last and this season. Ji Dong-won was less so.
    Garam is already sick of K-league to be honest with you guys. He definately would move when everything is perfect (the fee, wage, blah blah blah).

BTW, that Columbian guy he is talking about is Jordan or something.

19. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised if he did move during this window.. as I forgot to mention that it seems like Gyeongnam is just waiting for a better deal.

20. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I hope in Corea they will televise many of the games from EPL, L1, BL and which ever league PJY ends up...cause I am flying out there tonight and will be there till mid sept.

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nice where to?

22. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

I'll be in Seoul mostly but may try to get to dok-do or at least to East Sea. and hopefully many weekends where i get to stay up until 5-6 am catching the games

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Have a nice summer.

24. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

thanks!

25. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    Does anyone want to do a comprehensive list of Korean players outside of Asia? I'm losing track of a lot of them, esp. the young ones.

Outside of the obvious

Two kids at Almeria
    Baek Seung-ho at Barcelona
    Kim Gwi-hyeon at Velez Sarsfield
    Ju Tae-yun at FSV Frankfurt
    I seem to remember someone in the Zenit St. Petersburg youth setup?
    A kid at Wolfsburg?
    A kid at Hoffenheim? Or maybe that's the same kid at Wolfsburg
    Kim Won-sik, the third guy at Reading's academy, loaned out somewhere in France?
    Song Jin-hyung still with Tours
    Boy named Lee Kang-in?

I'd also like to note that Kim Nam-il is still going strong for Tomsk, 14 starts in 16 matches this season.