Official Jean-Baptiste Pierazzi to the Quakes

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by wfisher, Jan 3, 2014.

1. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    Some are expecting a lot from JBP. You want him up in the attack AND back in the 6 yard box defending.

That goal goes on Goodson. He ran straight towards the same spot that Bernardez was defending who was two steps ahead of him. Goodson didn't even turn to see if anyone was making a run into the box, which SHOULD have been where he was looking to defend once he saw Bernardez was cutting off the near post lane.

2. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Crew's goal is in some measure on Cato, who is fast, and yet loafed back, ball watching and made no genuine attempt to block the cross. Lack of hustle pisses me off.

SoccerMan94043 repped this.
  3. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    I want him to succeed, I really do. Right away, as in now.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why didn't he play against the CRapids? Is he hurt or just benched?

5. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Watson pulled his head out of his ass and realized that the guy sabotages any legitimate chance of winning a game.

OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  6. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    correct answer. Glad we could count on the rookie instead of our fancy irrelevant offseason free agent signing.

7. blurryblue

blurryblue Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    yeah unfortunately we could only count on him to play just as poorly

8. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    What, another one?

9. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its earthquakes custom and tradition im afraid.

Beerking repped this.
  10. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    It probably killed JBP to have to sit last night. He will fight his way back, because he is a fighter, and he has heart. Ya'll will see.

[​IMG]

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  11. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I don't see any reason why we can't try JBP as a tucked in outside mid. When Djalo is healthy he can play the other side. Leave Koval and Cronin in the middle. We'll raise the collective IQ on the flank about 80 points. I'm not worried about JBP's speed, not great, but he should be solid defensive cover for an overlapping fullback. We need brighter more consistent play on the flank...and that is not Salinas, Cato or Harris.

12. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...to-reacts-benching-disappointment-vows-contri

For Pierazzi, the benching illustrates what a tough transition – both to MLS and a new position – it has been thus far for the former captain of top-flight French side Ajaccio. After four games of playing alongside Sam Cronin in a 4-4-2, Pierazzi made way for rookie JJ Koval, the Quakes’ first-round pick in this year’s SuperDraft, who started in the center of a 4-1-4-1 setup with Cronin shielding the back four.

“With Jean, I just think he still needs some time to kind of get accustomed to everything,” Watson told MLSsoccer.com. “We know he’s a good player. We’ve seen him play many times, and we know he has quality, playing in midfield and making runs forward, which is something that we would want of him when he does play. We’ll keep working with him. He’s got a great work ethic. I think it’ll just take a little bit of time for him to feel comfortable.”

13. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    So this guy's just depth now.

I'd MUCH rather have WalMart, even if he is getting old-ish.

14. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    2 goals again in how many professional games again? That was a remarkable stat. And our coach is STILL looking for this guy to give us some attack???

Where's that Primal Scream thread again?

15. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's actually had about 4-5 good chances to score, hit the bar/post a couple times and other times the goalie saved it. I agree with Watson that he just needs some more time to adjust.

16. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    JBP will rise again!

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  17. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    People used to say that about Chris Albright until they got smarter and put him on the back line because he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I think the term is 'projection'. He's never been an attacking player, he's never scored goals, but I really, really want him to be that kind of player, so he 'needs time to adjust'.

18. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not like we should be expecting him to score all the time. Realistically what we want is for him to contribute in the attack.

19. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he should be the guy winning a lose ball and starting a possession or being the outlet for our distance whacking defenders and continuing the possession.

20. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    Why do you have the expectation that he can perform that role? What evidence do you have that he is that kind of player and capable of it?

Maybe we should ask Goodson to get into the attack. About as likely.

21. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    What exactly does "contribute to the attack" mean? Is it getting forward and making the killer final pass? I've seen him do that a few times. Is it taking players on? I've seen that a few times. Is it getting into or near the box and taking a whack - a volley or a header? I've seen him do that a few times - probably more so than the other things. Granted, there hasn't been much, but I've seen flashes. No one is expecting him to be Higuain. But I think in general he is more skilled than say someone like Cronin, who is kind of nuts and bolts, no frills, play some D and hit an outlet pass. I'm sure that's what the coaching staff is seeing.

I think part of the problem is that the Quakes 4-man midfield has been getting overrun. Yes, he's part of the problem there, but I would like to see him play in a 5-man midfield where he is not under as much pressure to try to do everything.

22. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This reminds me of "Stork" from Animal House...

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope I am wrong but I seem to have a sad funny feeling Pierazzi may be on his way out.

24. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all i can say is, bye bye frenchie!

falvo repped this.
  25. falvo

falvo Member+