Official Jean-Baptiste Pierazzi to the Quakes

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by wfisher, Jan 3, 2014.

1. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He's been with the team for over three months now, and last time I checked; the language of soccer is universal. Plenty of non-english speaking players have come to MLS and were able to "adjust" in far less time.

What other excuses do you have for Pierazzi sucking? Maybe they play with a different size ball in France which explains his inability to connect a pass to his teammates general direction?

mjlee22 repped this.
  2. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the reserves might have a little more latitude. Also, it's possible that the staff will want TT to be a little more creative, fluid, and mobile. We'll see.

But historically, anyone who gets too clever sees the bench. We do not employ creative players in the middle of the park. I think a lot of the Baca hate is unwarranted, because with a different team and coaching style, I expect him to be a lot more creative. The reason that Busch always hoofs the ball is because that's what the coaches want.

So we'll see, but unless we turn over a new leaf, or a whole new bush, we're going to continue to play a conservative, boring, limited style.

go quakes!!
    Fire JD and MW!!

- Mark

3. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But we're going to win a ton of 1-0 games!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    "Sucking" seems a little harsh, wouldn't you say? Especially for a guy who was already nominated for save of the week (and came in second)? He hasn't scored a lot of goals, but who has, and at least he hasn't scored for the other team.

At this point in the season, I don't see anyone out there who is slacking off. We have had guys in the past who've been playing cynical soccer, and that is a problem. But right now we have guys who are working and trying to make stuff happen and it's not. At least not yet. We know that every single guy on the team, including the reserves, is capable of contributing. That is a coaching issue, and maybe wtf hasn't figured out what to do with the talent he has on hand.

JohnWP repped this.
  5. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He was only standing around marking the ref on that sequence... :laugh:

If you mean destroyer in the sense that him at CM destroys your odds at winning the game, then yes, he's perfect in that role.

6. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    If JPB is having to adjust to something, I don't think it's the league as much as the expectation that he get forward more. The team appears to be asking for that, and at the same time he's probably trying to do the things he normally does, and taken together, it's too much to process / deal with.

JohnWP, soccerbone and blurryblue repped this.
  7. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No, I just dream for a day that our John Doyle retires, we sign Jeff Agoos, replace Dan Calichman with Troy Dayak, replace Mike Burns with Jimmy Conrad, replace Harut Karapetyan with Manny Lagos, replace Khohodad Azizi with Ronnie Ekelund, make sure Dario Brose and Wojtek Krakowiak never see the field again, replace Abdul Thompson Conteh with Landon Donovan, and replace Giovanni Savarese with Dwayne DeRo, new Head Coach, new Owner, new GM, and actually become a decent soccer team that is capable of competing for championships.

TLDR: I wouldn't mind replacing every single player on our roster.

It's happened before, it could happen again.

Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  8. blurryblue

blurryblue Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I really think the overall quality of the league is passing by the talent of our team. It is getting more and more difficult to play a flat 4-4-2 effectively without having very good players in key positions (CMs who can pivot off each other, wingers who can get to the end line, full backs who know when to go forward and are capable of putting in accurate crosses).

9. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  11. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was Goodson's fault.

12. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think JBP was sleeping and needed to be into the defense quicker than he did...

13. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yah but it still doesn't change the fact that Goodson was marking the wrong man.

14. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That goal was collectively on the team...to me it reflects the lack of communication and understanding that you see throughout the games. There were worse examples, though none affected the score.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pierazzi doesn't seem to be adjusting to MLS play. Its not an easy league as many across Europe tend to think. There aren't many technical players but there are a lot of physical and speedy players. Alessandro Nesta said "their players run like animals". He didn't mean it in a bad way but he meant that they run all day long which is something he wasn't used to. He also said they "lack technique" though. This is something that most European 1st tier clubs have but its also something I've seen little of in MLS. I think Pierazzi is more technical and I don't think that works in this league.

16. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
  17. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    : )
    I liked and agreed with much of your post, but... Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new standard.

That own goal we put together against New England was really something special.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ciao Pierazzi! Ritorna in Corsica! :)

19. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Neanche per sogno!

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That house perched above the water would definitely make me nervous, but Corsica is on my list now.

22. DotMPP

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    House? I think that is a fortification... as in taking cannon balls from assorted invaders over the centuries: "Fortress At Bonifacio Corsica France"

23. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Is it a fortress? Ok, I feel better now. Just seeing the picture made me nervous.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They were at one time but now those have all been converted into residences.

25. DotMPP

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which involved weakening the construction? :confused:o_O

I mean aren't they now residences that can take a cannon ball?