.:OFFICIAL "I was all wrong about Steve Sampson & Doogie isn't a douchebag" Thread:.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Topper, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay. Let's say we get "Pando" and he and Fish have telepathy and our mid shines again, the back line holds and joins in the attack, El Gato doesn't try to control the ball with his feet, and we kick the ever living piss out of the rest of MLS, who we all know are as useless as my nipples.

This thread is here for you to tell the world how wrong you were. It is, in essence, the anti-Steve-Sampson-Sucks thread.

Topper

:D :D

2. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, let me be the first to say that I really, really, really hope that in a couple months I'm posting a lot in this thread.

Optimistically yours,

TrickHog

3. el cucharon

el cucharon Member

Mar 17, 2003
    friendship village
    Re: .:OFFICIAL "I was all wrong about Steve Sampson & Doogie isn't a douchebag" Threa

I'm giving Sampson a chance.
    I hope there is a method to his madness
    but Hamilton is and will always be
    a douche to me

4. Boricua

Boricua New Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Reseda, CA
    Re: .:OFFICIAL "I was all wrong about Steve Sampson & Doogie isn't a douchebag" Threa

We all got scared at the begining with Steve because of his past. Maybe the guy learned something from that mistake and is trying to show that he is a good coach. He might be great CLUB coach but not at the international level.

Lets give the man a chance and see what he can do. I'll give him 6-8 games max and then I'll decide if he is doing a good job or not.

5. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    i'm just reserving my spot now in case steve does do well, then i can point to this post as showing i've been on the bandwagon before the bandwagon left the barn.

6. MissingMathis

MissingMathis New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Long Beach CA
    Well, this is Steves chance to shine, and being a Galaxy fan, I want the team to shine no matter who is in charge. However, we haven't been shining in 2 and a half years, the renaisance of 2002 was followed by the dark ages. I hope Steve can do it, he's gonna get his chance, but I honestly doubt that he wil.

7. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we'll see after the first road win.

8. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Steve Sampson is the most AMAZINGEST COACH EVER. Your a IDIOT if you don't see that. EVERYBODY knows that he's got a second chance and he'll do his darndest for the team.

In FACT, he's doing a great job, everybody sees that, b/c he's bringing in HIS ppl, and bringing in lots of those Hispanic players to counteract Chivas USA.

By the way, what the f' kind of name is THAT? I heard the league is, like, breaking and bending ALL kinds of rules just for them. Ethnic pandering at it's best. Their like, so desperate for Latino fans. DON'T THEY KNOW HOW TO RUN SOCCER IN THIS COUNTRY?

It's called Promotion/relegation!! Ever heard of it Garber? Or do you have your head so far up your butt that you don't realize that soccer will NEVER catch on in this country unless we do things traditionally. IDIOTS!! :eek:

P.S.: Bring back the Cosmos!!

[my 2000th post. :D ]

9. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I thought it was too soon to bash Sampson, and I think it is too early to give him props.

However, a reason to give him a chance is the fact that the Galaxy is dominant team, and the Galaxy is always in the mix.
    You add that, and them having to share the HDC, they will be playing better than usual, especially at home.
    Secondly, Sampson knows that Bruce Arena is most likely getting let go as USMNT coach after the World Cup.
    The proposed replacement is the Metros' coach Bradley.

But aside from the fact that he is the most winningest coach in MLS, he really as not been as good since leaving the Fire.

If Sampson can lead the Galaxy to MLS Cup the next two seasons, he might possibly get another chance, you never know.
    It is also a chance to redeem himself as a coach.

10. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we'll see after the first MLS CUp win.

11. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    It's never too soon to bash a guy who throws away WC 98 and has run two Int'l squads into the ground (during his stay there) now...good thing CR fired him when they could...

12. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rights

I reserve the right to proclaim Sampson and Doogie non douchebags.

til the cup cant be pried away from their douchebaglike hands.

13. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    I am posting on the other thread.

14. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not holding my breath waiting for something good to happen.

15. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in on the "Give the man a chance... then hate him if we tank" bandwagon. But then again, I do copious amounts of heroine.

Tommy Mack

16. feyenoord!!

feyenoord!! Member

Jun 1, 2004
    USA

SS choice of asst. coach and youth club coach both of whom are big failures in their own right as coaches proves to me that it will be business as usual by Steve. The old boys network is alive and well and only one good thing will come from it and that is the fact that it will be Doug Hamilton's final season in charge of the Galaxy

17. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 New Member

Feb 21, 2002
    San Diego CA

His record at WC98 just scares me man.... and the 3-6-1..... :confused:

18. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Accordingly people are saying that Sampson has suggested that he will go with the Galaxy classic formation of a 3-5-2.

19. feyenoord!!

feyenoord!! Member

Jun 1, 2004
    USA

some of you guys are a bit stuck on this 3-6-1 formation, it does not matter as it could easily become a 3-3-4 or WHATEVER should Stevie decide to attack by using the outside players.
    The problem with Stevie is that he does not know how to coach and will screw up any formation.

20. #1albright_fan

#1albright_fan New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    FINALLY! some people are actually giving Sampson a freakin chance! i think Steve won't let LA down, at least i hope not! But i doubt it, we'll see what steve sampson and DH have in store for LA in 05' :D

21. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what everyone will say once SS reveals he just signed 3 more Guatemalans to the team.

Goodby 3-6-1!!!

22. kgzero

kgzero Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Los Angeles

I am back!!!!!

Been a while since I have been on a Galaxy fan board, actually I haven't posted anything since the ultimateboards forum on galaxy website.

Anyway, I am giving Sampson a chance since he didn't exactly have a chance to actually build a team last season. We better win it this year!

23. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

After the latest MLS preseason results, I'm already pretty sure Steve Sampson is the best MLS coach in Los Angeles right now. Be glad we don't have Wrongen.

24. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    At least Steve is capable of creating suspense. This team is a mystery.

25. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm still pissed about last season, and I hate the way the guy looks (kinda like my HS geometry teacher), but I gotta say, we've got a hell of a lot of talent trying out for our team right now.

Jesus, look at Chivas USA, THEIR PLAYERS ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE TEAM!!!!!!! WHAT THE ********ING ********!!!! WHEN IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL SOCCER HAVE PLAYERS EVER BOLTED FROM THEIR ********ING CLUB A MONTH BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS!!!!! HOLY ********!!!!! ***** *** ********* *** * ** THE ****** AND *****.

Instead, we get all this badass Central American & Brazilian talent on trial with us. I've got Steve's back until opening day, at least. Cuz at least we aren't Chivas.