Official Hannover 96 thread (Part IV): Live free or Die Roten! [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by 96Squig, Nov 13, 2010.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The big sports stores (try Karstadt Sports, for one) will have plenty of Bayern shirts plus Germany and some others (Real Madrid, ManU etc.). They usually but not always have the local teams (in this case Nurnberg and Fuerth). They will tend to have other popular teams (Dortmund for one--sometimes Schalke and Gladbach and Hamburg). Hannover?? Good luck. I got my Cherundolo shirt at the team shop. Oddly enough, the last two trips to Germany I was unable to find a Nurnberg shirt for a friend and we were in quite a few different cities. I was not able to find local teams in the eastern German cities we visited (Erfurt and Halle) though I was able to get a Union Berlin shirt in Berlin. But you never know--you might get lucky. I've found Gladbach stuff in some odd places. One of my team posters came from a sports store in Netayna, Israel. I got a pillow in a store in the middle of the Sauerland.

2. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Unlikely. Your best bet would be to order it online through the shops (jerseys are at a 50% discount atm!) to your hotel in your name. First ask the hotel if it is okay that they store it for a while and then do that.

A well-sorted sports store might have a jersey, but certainly not anything else.

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also no reason why a person can't order direct from the shop and have it sent to the US. It costs a bit but sometimes the tax is deducted (in Germany the sales tax is included in the final price) and that can make up for the shipping costs. I have done that with Gladbach's shop in the past as well as a team in the U.K. (QPR).

4. Taggart

Taggart Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Southern Oklahoma
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Good deal. Thanks for all of the replies guys!

I'll check out the online store and give it a shot.

5. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  6. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We have all in all had good experiences with Czech players (Stajner, Kaufman, Simak)

7. Taggart

Taggart Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Southern Oklahoma
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    6 points in our first two matches back from the break :thumbsup:

A few moments of panic around the 80' mark, but overall we seemed comfortable with what we were doing defensively. Also, the new additions looked very solid today.

Huszti, Bittencourt, Rudnevs, and Diouf seem to be a real handful for opposing defenders. Another good win.

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Glückwunsch zum verdienten Heimsieg.

9. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Danke! You folks did not play bad, but it seems Korkut really turned things around, and the strong performances over the last 3 years were no fluke.

I'm excited how it will continue.

10. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  11. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
  12. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Fremdschämen - those Germans have a word for everything!

I couldn't take more than 5 minutes...

BSTV! BSTV! (sic :p)

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Hannover gals *I* knew when I was younger looked a *lot* better than that..... I didn't even start the movie as I'm not sure I could take 5 seconds....

14. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Do I really want to watch this?

15. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Oh, Alex found the video of me!!

96Squig and kgilbert78 repped this.
  16. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I like the ear ball things :p

Is the pope catholic?

96Squig repped this.
  17. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For this summer, if anybody wants Hannover jerseys, I can get them for you and then ship to you guys when I go back to the US. Every summer I head to Germany for a few weeks and my family isn't far from Hannover so our local Karstadt and all that always have H96 jerseys. I'd need paypal before, but if you're interested, it'll be a while till we need everything figured out anyways.

18. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That Schalke game was horrible to watch. Schalke played well, but we also played really really bad :-(

19. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Wow, that was frighteningly bad. It's going to be a long season...

20. Taggart

Taggart Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Southern Oklahoma
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    #845 Taggart, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    Was it worse than the Schalke game? The game was during school hours so I could not watch.

I hate these Friday games

21. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's be honest here for a moment. Wolfsburg basically assisted two of Hannover's three goals in the opening match of the second half of the season. I was already skeptical of this 'new' Hannover96 then.

22. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, the wins against WOB and MGB could have given us needed confidence to start playing better. It is good that there are other teams in much worse form behind us, we should try to stay away from relegation and other than that put energy into being better next season.

The Mainz game was horrible to watch, also in the stadium.

23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You usually get a "bump" from a new coach. Sometimes that bump is short, usually it doesn't mean too much, once in a while you save your season, and very, very rarely a Favre comes along. But it's not wise to count on the latter. The talent has to be there. You have decent talent that isn't playing well together right now, and I'm not sure you've been able to replace Cherundolo's leadership.

24. Craig M

Craig M New Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hi guys (Celtic and Dortmund fan coming in peace).

I'm visiting Berlin in March and and living in Scotland I don't get to see Dortmund live very often, so I was hoping to take the bus through to Hannover for the day on the 22nd to watch the game. Obviously it would be very difficult for me to get a ticket with the Dortmund fans, so I was looking at possibly sitting in one of the blocks next to the away fans (W1 or S5).

My main question is, would I be able to wear a Dortmund shirt in those sections? Or is that just asking for trouble? I know the tickets say that if you're not a Hannover 96 fan you risk being turned away, but I was just curious. I've seen away fans sitting with the home fans in the Bundesliga before, but I'm not sure if the rules vary between stadiums (obviously I wouldn't be going to Gelsenkirchen and doing this sort of thing haha). If the answer is no, then I can happily sit on my hands for a couple of hours if it means getting to see the game.

Thanks for your help.

25. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Are those seats in the official away section? If so - I wouldn't recommend that at all. And it would also be kind of a dick move to buy the tickets in the first place.

If those aren't in the away section but just near there - you should be fine.