Official Giuseppe Rossi Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy' started by 'Uaglio, Jan 21, 2007.

1. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    :D

Did any of you see that goal? Wow. He beat 3 defenders on that. Stunning. Welcome back to Italia! I heard that his manager and parents pushed hard to leave England and come back to Italia. Parma will certainly start him every game so he can finally show his worth.

Bentornato Giuseppe!

2. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Rossi Scores the Best Goal of the Day

source?
    thanks

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

As the giostra del gol announcers said, Un sinistro micidiale ed un gran goal ed un gran esordio per Giuseppe Rossi. A deadly left and a great debut for Giuseppe Rossi! Bellissimo!
    This is my best translation from the gazzetta dello sport on Rossi's beautiful Eurogol

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadre/Parma/Primo_Piano/2007/01_Gennaio/21/parma-torino.shtml
    Parma thanks baby Rossi
    The 19 yr old on loan from Manchester, in his new debut in the team he grew up with, scores the decisive goal in the victory over Torino. Rosina had a good match for Toro & nothing else

[​IMG]
    PARMA, 21 gennaio 2007 - Parma wins in the league after almost 3 months (last one on the 29th of October). It was enough to call up a 19 year old back to a club he grew up with before immigrating in England. Giuseppe Rossi returns to the Tardini stadium in his first Serie A match scores the winning goal over Torino with a eurogol at the 29th minute of the 2nd half. That's not all. He makes trouble for all the Torino defenders with burining runs, shots and above all with ideas. With the help of Morfeo & Budan, shows how much Pioli means to them, as he even decalred his job at risk before the match. Another false move for Zaccheroni's team, 1 point in the last 4 matches.

The News – The match begins with Parma attacking with Giuseppe Rossi, who advances in progression & from the limit of the adversary's opposing box and sees him with a beautiful conclusion. Torino responded at the 5th minute with Muzzi, concluded in the side netting with a tight exchange w/Rosina. The pass is full of repetitions in front of the 8th & Budan an concludes on the side. For the granata Rosina e Fiore make the dance, they exchange constantly and find one another surprisingly. At the 10th again Giuseppe Rossi shows up with a shot saved by Taibi's feet and in the 26th minute shoots it high.

Parma at the 29th minute produce the most dangerous scoring chance of the first half: Rossi tries the umpteenth conclusion from outside. The is deflected and ends with Budan, with a back touch behind Morfeo. His conclusion ends up by only a few centimeters on the side. After about 10 minutes of play, fouls and a yellow card, again Rossi illuminates the show. The young attacker in the pk area stops on a volley a difficult launch, puts the ball down immediately finding Budan in the center of the box with a beautiful shot on the ground. The granata defense tries to deflect the pass. The score doesn't change after 45’ minutes.

The 2nd half begins where the 1st half left off: Parma upfront with Rossi back to his desk. At the 5th forces Cioffi into a foul on the right. He shoots the free kick which Taibi saves for a corner and then saves also on a the corner, where Paci kicks it high. The match calms down for a minute, first with a decisive show of class by Giuseppe Rossi, who will turn 20 on February 2nd. At the 29th Castellini crosses from the left side, the young ex Manchester United player stops on the volley, putting Balestri out, then goes past De Ascentis, and goes between Balestri, Cioffi & Franceschini and then scores with a centered shot. Monumental.

The reaction in the Turin is all in an acrobatic turn in area of Franceschini that doesn't excessively worry Bucci and a bank of Stellone delays Taibi on which Paci sweeps. In the last minute Stellone falls in the area gialloblu, but the referee Mazzoleni doesn't see a foul. Parma can finally celebrate. Thanks to a small, great champion.

4. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Who would you guys campare Rossi's game too?

5. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  6. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Grazie :D

7. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

How was he used and what formation was played?

9. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  10. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  11. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

did he play the ss role or up front

12. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto

soon to be my favorite player of all time..

baggio is one....

but once this kid gets 1 national team cap.. he tops my charts

13. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

whata tank. newcastle has to be the dumbest team lol

you cant teach that talent.. it was just pure vision and a great finish

14. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto

baggio

15. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

Up Front

Parma (3-4-1-2):
    Bucci 6,
    Paci 6, Couto 7, Perna 6,5,
    Ferronetti6,Bolano6,5 (31'Dessena),Grella6,Castellini6,5,
    Morfeo 6,
    Budan 6, G.Rossi 8 (39' st Muslimovic sv).
    http://www.kataweb.it/sport/sportdet...1997345&serie=

16. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Don't get excited too early. Let's see some consistency. Don't wet your pants like how the Poms do when they first saw Rooney. What happens if he is like Del Piero? Great at club level, lazy for the Azzurri?

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

If you've seen his performances with the Azzurrini, he's not lazy.

I'm not getting ahead of myself, the kid is only 19 and it's clear he's a definite talent for the future. The thing I like about him and that I think will help him succeed is that he's not a nut case like Cassano and he's willing to do hard work to be successful.

18. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC

Of course I know it's early

But, I've seen enough of him with the U-21's and now Parma to know he's an electrifying player. He's also very humble and hard working. He listens to authority. If Cassano had half that about of self-discipline, he'd be tearing up La Liga now. Instead, he's going to be shipped off for the 100th time.

19. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I'm not saying that he is. I'm saying that he could be. I just don't want any fans to hope for too much at this stage. We shouldn't be like the English fans or any fans of Argentine football thinking that the next Maradona has arrived.

20. Romanista_NYC

Romanista_NYC Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Basel, Switzerland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Anyone remember when Nakata arrived in Serie A? Scored 8 goals in the first half of the season, the *poof*, not a whole lot for the rest of the season.

Look what happened with Adriano, a phenomenon for a while, then a big dry spell.

Some strikers wreak havoc in Serie A for a bit, and then the Italian game finds a way to contain them. That's the test of a striker in serie A. Expect a lot of challenges to come Rossi's way...how he handles them will determine if he's a flash in the pan or a legend in the making...

21. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

He only scored two in the second half of the season?

22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

Milan vs Parma today ... should be interesting to see what Rossi can do. He should be able to get by old Maldini.

23. dago red

dago red New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Italy
  24. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

... Rossi was so-so vs Milan (But there was not much service to him today)

25. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

^^^ That sucks, hate seeing the cheating Milan get closer to Champions League.