OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.facetasdeportivastv.com/nota.php?id=15758

i think he should take this.not a person to be forgotten

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^^Wrong thread Kidd, this is for Bolivar only. :p

LOL The way how he got flustered when interviewed shows me that this can't be made up lol.

There is a connection, but how serious is it that he can ACTUALLY be our coach? Who knows....

He even mentions that Penarol contacted him, and at this point its just really no real talks between the two, so anything can happen at this point.

3. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those Schiapa hopefuls...

http://www.la-razon.com/version_ma.php?ArticleId=2985&EditionId=2366&ids=269

4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
  5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Apparently we are bringing in Alejandro Gomez from Blooming, and Lorgio Alvarez.

Both I believe are 30 or a tad' bit over. Not too good of a signing.... we need YOUTH! Not to mention their fitness isnt the greatest. Lorgio Alvarez 5 years ago would be nice.... but not him now.

Gomez is the better of the two pickup wise, he showed well when blooming were in the libertadores. Saying that, I am still worried.

We also picked up a brasilian from Aurora, Marcelo Gomes.
    http://www.eldiario.net/noticias/2010/2010_12/nt101208/7_04dep.php

Can anyone tell me more about this player? I didnt hear much about him or know much about him. Anyone know how good he is or is he mediocre?

6. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's where Bolivar always seems to go wrong! they hire players in their 30's, 32, 31, it's all very sad.
    They should be going after the top young guns in Bolivia, I just don't get how ignorant about futbol ALL bolivian teams can really be. It clearly shows their lack of commitment to a long term solution.
    Why not go after players such as Jhasmany Campos, Marvin Bejarano, Chumacero, u17 players, or even u-20 players. Can't they see it? They gave Cardozo a shot, and now he is clearly their best player and prospect, can't they see it?

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dunno..... $$$ is my guess. Jhasmani and Chumita both probably have too high a price, bolivar is just gettting the best players that could work on their budget. :(

Chumita is valued at 1 million USD for outsiders, I'd say 500-700k for a inside bolivian team, or around there, still too much. I'd put Jhasmani and Bejarano in the same boat based on their sudamericana performances.

Gone are the days where bolivar could get these kids or work a deal with their father clubs to get them for a time being to 'show them off' to the world, while bolivar brings the heat in the libertadores. :(

8. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't expect much with the team they're building.
    Rivero not the same, Parada i don't see as that valuable, Da Rosa not even, Ze carlos is 47 i believe.

9. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    And Bolivar wants Alejandro Gomez, but they wanna exchange him for Bustillos and another guy, I don't think blooming will want that.

Marcelo Gomez used to play in la U then went to Aurora, haven't heard much from him other than he's 29

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Exaggerate much? :p He's 35.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Carlos_Santos_da_Silva

Da Rosa is gone this Jan.

Also gone though sadly, Didi Torrico and Gabriel Rios. Both never turned out to be the players they were when the ycame to bolivar.

Was Gomes any good? Marcelo?

11. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea. So is this Bolivar's policy or something?
    It should be out with the old and in with the new, but instead its the other way around. Out with the young and future, in with the old an slow.
    SOunds great!

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea I dont agree with it either.

They are proven veterans.... but old, and only on the downside of that hill.

Their policy is to most likely find the most effective players to work at that moment.

Investing in torrico and rios bit them in the ass, so chances are they probably are looking for proven veterans.... to bring more solidarity to our starting 11. Will work for 1 season.... but after that its a whole new change, and a new game plan so whats the use?

I wish we could go out and buy the best internal young players that are for our NT like Jhasmani, Chuma', etc. But their price tags are too big from theri mother clubs.

Gone is the day where bolivar had the oblivian NT playing for them basically in their starting 11.....

13. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Now they went out and got some guy named Damir Miranda from San Jose. I don't know anything about him.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  15. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    OK. Not too old, we'll see if it's a good buy.

16. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    So the latest rumor for Bolivar coach is the Hoyos guy (ex Aris coach)..... could it be? They are also talking of Nacho coming back....

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep, more news on the Hoyos guy signing.

Seems Bolivar is about to make history in paying him in the high 300k range, which for sure would be the most any coach has ever earned at the bolivian club level. Some interesting info on other offers in the past in comparision.

http://www.la-razon.com/version_ma.php?ArticleId=3072&EditionId=2375&ids=278

And it seems we may pull Hoyos and Schiapa' back thanks to money, and they would beg earning mroe then they ever did if they came to us, which is what is holding up the signing of Schiapa' back to Oriente.

I think this would be the best idea. Hoyos IMO is still the best outside back for the rightside in bolivia. Schiapa' too in central defense.

About Nacho Garcia coming back...we'll see.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also here is an interview with Gato, and what his new job is after retiring from playing, and is now a representative for the team, Club Bolivar.

20. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nice! I hope Hoyos can become the coach of Bolivar.

As I said before I really like him. He is a sympatic person and he plays a very nice football. When he was at Aris he used 4-3-3 and most of our games we scored alot of goals but we also conceded many.

Hoyos is strongly associated with the "rebirth" of Aris. We came back from a year in the second division and some difficult years with many problems. So he took over and that's when we started bringing many latin players and we also started playing the most attractive football in Greece. He then got fired because the results didn't really go our way(we later finished 4th that year). Aris was his professional team to coach and that's also one of the reasons he loves Aris so much, cause we gave him the chance to become a professional coach. He previously coached FC Barcelona academies and he went to Aris because of the good connections with Barca and Spain.

Hoyos is really good with young players and he knows how to develop them. He is also really good finding very unknown and good players.

I think he can bring something good to Bolivian football and to your team. He is not the most tactical guy though and he plays the same way in all games. That is not necessarily something bad but I think it's hard to beat a very smart/good team like that.

He likes to mention The Virgin of Guadalupe very much too :p

21. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am starting to like him already.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea i hope he comes too! He would bring something 'new' to our soccer, as I am getting tired of these 'recycled' coaches that bolivar keeps hiring going through the motions....

At least bolivar has the money to think outside the box.

23. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Yeah, I'm really liking this guy. Bolivia is rich with tactical players, but poor in speed... haha!

He doesn't have to worry about defense much in Bolivia; very few coaches actually revolve there team around their defense there, if any.

Bolivia is one of the best in the world in youth talent, but we are horrible in conditioning players, and keeping them with a professional mind setting. We need a proven coach, especially with the youth because alot of our youth talent in the past goes under the bottle long before they turn 21. It's happend time and time again.

We probably need him more then he needs us.

24. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It would be great to have a coach like that, but i don't know why you guys are signing old players without even considering the coach. Alvarez, Gomez. Now their going for Jose Alfredo Castillo, Joselito Vaca, Hoyos. It doesn't matter how good the coach is if the players suck.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree.... its stupid. But I dunno..... its almost like we are setting ourselves up for failiure.... Claure tries to get too involved to buy 'his choices' IMO.