OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Here are the highlights from yesterdays game, I thought we were gonna get romped at home just like we did in brazil, but surprisingly we fought back. This had to give our confidence a boost, however our defense is still atrocious. Ferreira still has it and looks like he and Cabrera understand each other. Hopefully this Capdevilla will distribute the ball to them.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  2. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We're not getting anywhere with our D. Frankly I would be surprised if we win this season.

3. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    agree. The defense looked atrocious against Sao Paulo, then again, it is the bolivian league.

4. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Any of you Cholis seen this

http://eldeber.com.bo/nota.php?id=130220171453

A 70K seat stadium in Calacoto?

Who is taking bets on how long before this "dirigente" has his nuts used as dice by Claure for talking out of turn.

There is ZERO chance a 70K stadium is built. Claure mentioned a few weeks ago that a stadium is not something possible in the short term and wants the team to be self sufficient. A 25-30K seat stadium has always been mentioned as the ideal size.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Didnt see that...but I wouldnt be surprised if you're right.

I remember hearing that figure too of it being only 30kish in size.

6. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  7. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Claure today after the victory over Wilster:

"MarceloClaure @marceloclaure

Muy contentó con la victoria de Bolívar hoy día. Puede ser que mañana anuncie un nuevo refuerzo. #Bolivar19"

8. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I know not to fall into the trap of thinking of X player being the new young hope (see J.Guzman, G. Vaca Diez, G. Pinedo, and so on and so on)....but I had never heard of Jaime Dario Arrascaita until yesterday. He is a 19-year-old on Bolivar and has quite the poise... fill us in on the rest of the details?

9. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Jaime Arrascaita is another player from the house, brought up from Bolivar's preprofesional/youth squad. He's from Yungas in La Paz and has been with Bolivar's youth system for a few years now. He's just another product that has been working under the development system with Villegas for the past 4-5 years. He has shown great strides and talent in these past few games. Anyways it's only pre season so we have to wait and see if he keeps it up throughout the season.

In my dearest opinion my hopes and vote are set on Miguel Suarez, he has great talent and has been consistent in the first team for a couple years. He just has a lot of competition what with Ferreira, Arce, Yecerotte being there too. Even then he has been alternating regularly. I'm hoping that this will be mickys season because he needs to breakout now.

dale_wilster repped this.
  10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Word is, we signed the other Callejon twin. Real Madrid/Napoli now's Jose Callejon's twin, Juanmi Callejon.

As far as his play goes, this is all I could find:

11. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Looks like bolivar is gearing up for Libertadores. That is a double edge sword, If these spaniards do well Arascaita, Suarez, and Maygua will be burried so deep in that bench they wont see but a few league minutes!

12. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I half agree with you Nano, I do hope Portugal would give the young ones more playing time, however last season he never repeated a starting 11, and I think it will be the same this season, everyone will get their fair share. Also Arguello, Cabrera, and Ferreira are starters so that only leaves one spot for the spaniards... I think Suarez and Maygua already proved they can fight for a spot. Hopefully Arascaita gets that same chance.

13. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gonna be a VERY interesting season. As far as the youngsters not getting enough PT, well they are still very green and stand to gain a great amount from practicing with the spanierds. Remember they're still teenagers and look to have a great future. Hopefully the team gels together this season and has all the kinks worked out for the Libertadores. :)

14. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The way I see it these kids are ready now, yes they will make a bunch of errors, but they are ready for the Bolivian league now. Libertadores is a different story. Portugal will probably line up most if not all of the foreign players, as long as they win no one will complain about that. Eber I hope you're right and the kids get some consistent playing time in the league.

15. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dont understand why someone would complain about lining up foreign players. If theyre the best on the squad i have no complaints. Man im excited that Bolivar is looking very strong for international games.

The Bolivian league has gotten better but there are still those players in the league who wouldnt mind displacing these young players

With the acquisition of the spaniards, not only are you bringing in quality but you are also bringing in different work ethic and i think the younger players will benefit from this.

Arrascaita is something special imo. I dig his style and his calmness on the finish was great.The way that he plays seems like he is there to have fun.His response after getting man of the match vs. Wilstermann was very modest and seems level headed. Dont big him up to much and let him do his thing and hopefully he keeps it up.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Guys, anyone know if Directv still has Bolivar games on Channel 420 was it?

17. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    GolTv used to show some Bolivian league games, but that was a while ago. Your best bet is the web. videobolivia usually streams all the matches that are broadcast.

18. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Part of the reason why I follow the bolivian league is because of.... Bolivian players, it gives me more of a thrill to hear ,see that Cardozo, or Arce scored a hell of a goal, Rather than Ferreira or Callejon. It is even better when a young player does great. Im not too interested in Spain's third division. This players might be better remains to be seen. a couple of them are on the tail end of their careers, they are no Damian Lizio. If they are head and shoulders above our players then let them all play,I just hope that Portugal is able to give this kids a good amount of playing time, Bolivar is one of a couple of teams that is doing a good job with the youth divisions

sergtp repped this.
  19. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cotdaaaammm, that had to be THE best preseason game Bolivia has ever seen. Comrades, La Academia esta que da miedo. Even w/o the spaniards we look dangerous. The future looks bright.:D

dreyx2000 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  20. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I agree! Wonderful game! Props to Las Gatitas too, they put a good game even though they started behind. All goals were quality!

21. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    could that trophy get any bigger?

22. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar is looking killer for this season and next year's Libertadores!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Arguello​
    (Quiñones)​
    Rodriguez--------------Cabrera--------------Gutierrez-----------------Maygua​
    (Alvarez)--------------(Eguino)-------------(Valverde)----------------(Barba)​
    Arrascaita------------Edu Moya--------------Flores-------------------Cardozo​
    (Juanmi)--------------(Miranda)---------(Justiniano)-------------(Capdevilla)​
    Arce---------------------Ferreira​
    (Suarez)----------------(Yacerotte)​

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would have Edu Moya on the wing, as Capdevilla is a '10'.

Arrascaita is still young, and Juanmi will probably start over him. But yea, not bad depth. Still worried that Gutierrez is a CB. Have a feeling Valverde starts and he's moved to the LB position.

24. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar looks MEAN!

25. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    For those of you with questions about the young talent from Bolivar, get to know Jaime Arrascaita.