OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He can't. The press and his agent don't know this..... buuuut....

Since he has played for Argentina at the U-XX level, he is ineligible to play for Bolivia. Now, if he was half bolivian, and was eligible like that... he'd have a chance to make the FIFA one time switch... but he isn't. So sadly, even if he wanted to... he can't play for us. Just how William Ferreira couldn't play for us either.

2. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    he played at the U-20 sudamericano for Argentina. It's no secret. But he never made an appearance for the senior squad, so he could be eligible, as far as I know.

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep. Any time he has suited up for Argentina, even youth competition, (if it's recognized under FIFA) makes him in eligible.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe FIFA permits a one time switch. Juan Iturbe played for Paraguay at youth level and I believe even entered a senior game for them, but made the switch over to Argentina at the youth level. Thiago Motta is another, played for Brasil at youth as well as the senior team then made the switch over to Italy. It's a strange rule, sometimes I hear one thing other times I hear something else.

5. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didnt M3 play for brazil in the sub20

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's the thing though wtih Iturbe. His parents are Paraguayan, so he could play for either since he was born in Argentina, but through his parents played for Paraguay at the youth level.

Lizio doesn't have bolivian parents, was born in Argentina, and has already 'captied' himself by playing for argentina (youth level). Now, if one of his parents were bolivian, he would have the chance to do the one time switch, since he always had the right to play for bolivia.

That's not the case though.
    Yea. But he could switch over since he was born in Bolivia. Lizio had no ties to bolivia ever besides playing for Bolivar.

7. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yea, I don't think he could either... plus I don't think we need him tbh...

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sadly, it's the truth. :(

I actually think he could help. With Escobar out... we need help.

9. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i only brought it up, because of his recent form with Bolivar, and his wishes to nationalize himself.

But I also believe he is not needed, however if he does get it, all the better.
    We have others waiting for a shot like Vicente Arze, Samuel Galindo. They should get a shot.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ehhh.... we'll see how Arze turns out. I really wish Galindo would come home and go to a ccountry that will actually use him the right way (as a 10). Europe is done trying players in the '10' mold. They either get turned into wingers or supporting strikers... Galindo isn't either. In his case, they are trying to turn him into a defensive midfield.

Galindo, come to Papa Bolivar! :)

11. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    boca! riquelme replacement anyone

12. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's gonna be interesting what's going to happen to him next year, cuz he's gonna be in Europe for 3 years and finally be able to play in England.. Let's see if Arsenal keeps him or loans him out to another English team at age 21.

sergtp and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Does anyone have an idea who will be the 3rd Bolivian team in the Libertadores?

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It is between San Jose and Bolivar.... I think Bolivar will get the third spot though.

15. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Orient has to play either Bolivar or San Jose depending on gets 2nd place this season. The winner of that gets the 3rd Libertadores spot. If Bolivar does get it, I hope we dont face santos, im still sore from what happened last year:oops:

16. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Happy we get the 3rd spot for the libertadores!

Sad Campos is leavingt though. Good player. Any idea on who to get for a replacement?

18. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. He has to pass the physical first, we all remember how that turned out for Rudy. On another note - WEEEE'RRRRE INNNN THEEEE LIBBBBERRRRTAAADORRREESSSSS!!!!! WhoooooooHoooooo!!!!
    While the talk right now is about picking up another forward, we def need to sure up our defense or else we're gonna get shredded in the Libertadores.

19. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Rudy failed the physical cuz he was injured at the time... Also with Renteria and possibly Cantero leaving, we do need 1 or 2 forwards.... but also with them leaving we would only have Lizio thats not bolivian and could sign 5 foreign players, which is good considering we can't get anyone that played in our league this season!!! Hopefully we get some decent D...There are talks Guitierrez(Patronato) may be bound to come back to Bolivia, however; The Strongest is also after him, so we'll see how things go...

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think we'll get him.

We always win!

With that said, I am sad Renteria didn't work. We'll see who we can get. I wonder if we'd go after Saucedo?

21. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We can't get Saucedo, we cannot sign any players that played in our league this season (stupid rule to protect small teams from getting raped in losing players), plus I think Saucedo most likely is going abroad (to make some decent money in some random country). I think Bolivar should focus first on defense getting Gutierrez from Patronato and Rodriguez from Baku...and maybe another foreign defender. We're good in the middle, so I would get two foreign forwards, would have to be non-bolivian, since we can't sign from our league until June and I don't think Pedriel or Martins are coming anytime soon.. XD

PS: They better not bring Cabrera or god forbid Vaca!!!!

PS2: Players that need to go: Albarracin, Eguino, Renteria, Cantero.
    Players I'm not sure about: Vargas, Barba, Gomez.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Arce too is going to be free come Jan. They want to resign him, and he says he wants to stay for the libertadores...but so far haven't heard anything back from him on their offer. I hate to be selifish here, but I wouldn't mind seeing him here in DC playing for United. There were rumors DC were after him, but stopped once they learned Oriente's asking price for his transfer fee.

Now that he's free... I wouldn't mind seeing him here in DC! We need a bolivian... bad here!

23. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar got ********ed in the ass in the Libertadores draw, we got the toughest possible draw out there. Looks like we're not making it past the qualifying round this year.

Sao Paulo vs Bolivar in G5.
    G5 winner goes to group 3, which is:

Arsenal (Arg)
    The Strongest
    Atletico Mineiro (Bra)
    G5

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow... yep. We're done.

With that said, I hope Arce leaves because of this draw! I want him here at DCU!

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Kind of sad we are probably losing Lizio for good, as he's returning to argentina for a 6month loan to Union de Santa Fe.... but it will most likely result in his sale.

To replace him we got this guy. I am pretty impressed. I guess this is our answer to Wilster's espanol.

Looks good, at 31 is still ok for the bolivian league. At his style and fitness, good enough to play in his 40s for the bolivian league lol.

What do you guys think? This signing excites me...