OFFICIAL Club Bolivar Thread - News - And any other Babble

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jul 14, 2010.

1. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Ferreira continues to choke on the big stage. Two horrid attempts on 1v1 against the goalie. This game should be done and dusted at 4-0 right now.

half time 2-0

2. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That game should have been put away alooooong time ago. Agreed, not Ferreira's best game. Rudy hitting the post almost killed me. It was ALL Conejo, he demolished that right side. With that being said, 3 pts. my friends. Enjoy :):)

3. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ARCE!

it smelled like Conejo all over that pitch.

4. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Why they like to suffer like that is beyond me. They actually play way more consistently when they are away.

5. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Well, a win is a win. Bolivar certainly played well in the first half; wanted it and worked for it. Second half was a different story for a good long while. After Junior's gol I was worried we'd lose focus o' yet again. Glad to see the team did enough and actually started to get close again towards the end. Cardozo has talent and the coach made some opportune substitutions.

6. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    WE just made coments on Cardozo needing more time before making the jump, and this game proved it. No doubt the kid has talent, but is a long way from being in top teams in Brazil and Argentina. His first touch was HORRID, i counted 4 times that he was in or near the box and but for his first touch he would've scored. Very unlucky hitting the post, he made a good run, but is still inconsistent.

I have to give props to Lorgio, not just for the goal, but for his comand of the team. Given his age, the old man still has something left in teh tank.

Arce, what can you say about him, it helps the fact that he doesnt play any domestic games, so he's fresh for these games, you could say that he can develop rust not playing consistenly, but he belongs in Brazil and Argentina for sure, top teams too. He'd be a good fit in Gremio or Corinthians again, Corinthians needs someone one the right, the games i've watched them play in libertadores seems like they need one more piece to push through. Even Flamengo, playing oposite of Ronaldinho, would leave him open even more. Arce deserved a goal, and the commentators could not and did not say one bad thing about him, and he carried the offense the way Lorgio did with the defense.

They need to stop that complacency they develop after a lead, they second half was the oposite of the first half. This shouldve been a 4-1 game easily.

I thnk Ferreira's time is running out, the guy is talented but all libertadores games i've watched him play he seems to fade out and choke on goal scorring oportunities.

I wasnt impresed with Lizio.

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cardozo really has to change though... I feel Hoyos should have left Jhasmani in and Cardozo out for Abdon Reyes.

Lizio added more fuel to pushing for a third goal. Ferriera needs to do better. He should have had 3 goals.

He can't keep missing like that... if he does... ever cantero needs to be given a shot. Although I like how he runs 100miles an hour all game at the keeper or a defender. Never giving them time to sit on the ball.

Our guys played well...second half a loss of the ball resulted in a crap goal.

Both goals were AMAZING though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4YqYWP9NK4"]Bolívar 2-1 Junior (Radio Capital 105.9 FM Bolivia) - Copa Libertadores 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I hope we can keep up this pressure on teams, and not falter in the second half.

Either way, this is a good win at home, that I hope we can capitalize on against Catolica.

8. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Loved the first half(except for Ferreira choking), I almost got the runs on the second half. As far as Cardozo I stand corrected, right now he has no busyness in Europe . Vivabolivar I agree, that first touch is made of stone. I clearly remember 2 ocations where he got the ball right outside the box with no one on him, and he could not controll it. That being said he's young and has talet. All an all a good night.

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He tries too hard to cut in to the right. He needs to go with his left side and dribble!

Although alot of times too he takes 1 too many touches. He should have had like 2 goals in the end too. That shot that he hit wide inside the box from the top left corner to the right post.... Jhasmani would have made that. Should have taken him off and left Jhasmani in.

10. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Junior's was a crap goal? He got a great shot off because the defense let him loose, well timed andn placed shot I thought.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No, it was an amazing goal just saying it was crap how we let them have it. It came off our bobbling of it in the midfield.

12. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    All three gols were absolutely top class.

Beast mode: Conejo Arce, Jhasmani
    Good: Lorgio, Rodriguez,
    Bad: Scaglia, Lizio, Ferreira, Rudy

An actual good team would have made you pay for all those missed opportunities. Luckily the colombian champ sucks.

I also thought it was a huge mistake taking out Jhasmani and bringing in a bunch of defenders. All they did was boot the ball as soon as it was near them and turn possession over. Needed possession and pressure on them not to hang back and cede the ball. Live to fight another day.

13. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i disagree with Scaglia, he actually played well. He busted his ass the entire time he was there until he got tired, cramped up and had to be subbed out. I like his quick pressure on ball and his willingness to play the full 100%.

Arce, has always been quality, just has to find a permanent home in brazil somewhere.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ferriera played well also, pressured amazingly strong, givjng them no time to hol the ball and catch their breath. He just didnt finish... which hut him overall. Lizio too, when he had his chances when coming in, he took them. He took on players, had strong shots and passes.... off the bench he did good enough.

I agree about Cardozo. For being a starter, he is too inconsistent.

15. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree, Scaglia was all over teh pitch winning balls, his passing was not very good, but he did make it up in winning back possession. Lizio was horrible, offsides, slow, def not up to par.

16. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    The Dallas Cup is around the corner can any of you guys post the team your sending. Since Suarez, Quinonez, Siquita, Valverde, Justiniano got brought to the first team and Carinao is now playing in the third dimension somewhere, they wont be part of the team now, will they?

Who are the up and coming Bolivian studs on your team?

BTW, their group consists of Everton (england) Curitiba (brasil) and Kashiwa (japon)

17. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    well the whole point of the tournament is to find and keep producing those type of players, that could in the future go to the 1st team.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No idea lol. We'll find out how these kids do though vs. good youth teams. That will be the test, and to see if they can play at a higher level for Hoyos.

Really love what he is doing.

I hope he doesnt leave, as his contract is up in June. Claure said in May they are going to talk with him to see where he goes from here. I hope Claure renews his contract.

19. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  20. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    ^^^
    Some of those kids in the back look like they got some real height on them. A nice change for Bolivian youth teams, still lanky as always though.

I found the players you guys are sending

Yasser Manzur
    Yamil Bejarano
    Juan Zarate
    Alejandro Flores
    Stalin Taborga
    Carlos Anez
    Limber Alvarez
    William Rojas
    Bryan Chacon
    Hugo Zagardia
    Diego Zamora
    Leandro Maygua
    Francisco Izita
    Miguel Juarez
    Jaime Arrascaita
    Jarold Guzman
    Alberto Justiniano
    Jose Cabrera
    Jorge Uriarte
    Eduardo Ruiz
    Miguel Suarez
    Dimar Ortega

I remember Yasser Manzur, Stalin Taborga, Alberto Justiniano and Carlos Anez from Bolivias Sub 17 team. No clue about the others.

21. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    where did u find this list?? is that the same Miguel Suarez currently wiht the first team. he is the best u-20 in the first team, Hoyos needed him i don't think he would let him go since he's getting a lot of 1st team action.

22. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar's undefeated streak ended tonight boys, in a rainy potosi night. they lost 2-0 in what is their first loss in the season. takes the record to 2w-8t-1L, not a good record for Bolivar.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The king of ties finally lost. :(

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just got word our boys are getting SPANKED in their second game vs. Curitiba? is it? BRaslilian team.

They're losing by 3 or 4 goals said their twitter update.

They apparently tied their first match vs. the Japanese side, Kawisha reysol?? 1-1... but had 2 red cards and were down to 9 menn....

25. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    They lost 7-0, most lopsided game in the tourney so far, and they will more than likely get their teeth kicked in by Everton in the final game. Wow

I know Claure is over there right now, guy can't be happy with the results, Villegas asked him to send the team a week early and arrange games with local clubs in Miami to give the team a better chance. Poor Villegas must be wishing the earth swallows him whole right now LOL

Well hopefully they participate again next year and this doesn't completely crush their confidence.

But yeah...................FAIL

Edit: LMAO the cholis official twitter stopped updating after 5-0 and yet another kid got ejected. That's 3 in two games.