Official Chivas Abroad Thread (No Trolls)

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by el-choul, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Weren't you the one who posted that Marquez shouldn't go to the MLS because he still has much to give in Europe?:rolleyes:

2. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Of course i want him to stay in Europe. But if he ends up leaving i rather have him play in mexico than the MLS

3. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Close to none, he's from Chaflas man! I do not want any chaflas made players in my Chivas.

4. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I second that. We have enough guys who love our colors.

5. pablo86

pablo86 Member

Dec 13, 2007
    The Valley, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who else thinks Pato isn't playing in the right position? He needs to go back and play de central like in the Sub17, that's where he was a beast. He's too slow to be playing in the position.

6. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you want him to play CB yet you think he is too slow :confused:

7. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wrong thread buddy

9. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chicharito scores his 19th goal as a starter.

Vela gets the start today.

10. Lil Puppet

Lil Puppet Member+

Feb 11, 2007
    A Basket
    Club:
    FC Illychivets Mariupol
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
  11. ChiGioVelCes

ChiGioVelCes Red Card

Jul 19, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I've always said that pato should go to Europe hes being held back with chivas. I at least wanted to see casillas going to Europe that kids ball skills are beast. Yeah when is chicharito going to join man u for the US tour

12. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why so he can get his ass dropped like this on a regular basis?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA1A2huCH0k&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA1A2huCH0k&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

:D

13. ChiGioVelCes

ChiGioVelCes Red Card

Jul 19, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  14. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pato was the captain of the sub-17 six years ago. Let it go. I haven't seen anything from him that's tri worthy let alone Europe worthy. Don't know what Valencia saw in him. The backline crumbles when Reynoso's not there. Sad but true.

15. Q.Q.

Q.Q. Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Antarctica
    I think its been said before, and I think accurately, Pato is Torrado with better passing skills. He hasn't met the high expectations placed on him, but I don't think he would look out of place in the NT.

The thing is though, going forward(for the NT) there seems to be younger candidates that might turn out better than Pato.

Reyes, Enriquez, Jonathan, Cabrera, Hernadez, maybe even Espericueta. Though I think its still too early for Espericueta to throw his hat into the ring.

Then there are others in his age bracket who offer a different skillset, they might get NT callups ahead of him depending on Chepo's preference.

Baez, Zavala, Molina, Rios.

Pato could easily go to a midtable Euro club and I could see him doing that in 1-2 years.

16. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It is also good to take into consideration that when chepo was our coach Pato was our starter and has won a championship.

17. ChiGioVelCes

ChiGioVelCes Red Card

Jul 19, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    pato is beast you'll see this season

18. jrobl22357

jrobl22357 Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So Salcido signed with Tigres. What do you guys think about this? Should we be going after former Chivas players returning from Europe? I personally think they would be some great refuerzos.

On another note, now that Torres Nilo will probably be benched, maybe we should make a move for him? He's still young and would make a great addition to the squad.

19. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm not sure how many seasons Salcido has in him. He would have been a better move for us, since Ponce is in the National Pool of players but probably too green to help us win silverware right now.

20. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    I don't know what Ponce did this summer (I guess maybe it was training with the U23 squad?), but he has come back to Chivas in better form than last season. If the Magallon-Reynoso-de Luna injuries/suspensions carrousel ever stops, he might stay as a starter (which was not Real's preference last season).

21. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    There is a rumor doing rounds in europe that Chelsea/Vitesse are trying to sign Ulises. Any of you can please shed somelights on it, from the club view? is it possible or not? i've heard sub-20 players had 2 days off, any chance J Vergara & Ulises can travel to London for a deal?

22. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    I see you've been asking in the broader transfer rumor thread, but in any case-

An inside source (possibly working for Club Guadalajara, who also reported the Hernandez signing when nobody was aware) hinted at this a couple of weeks ago on another message board. We've been waiting for confirmation, and not simply press speculation based off of a message board comment (though the poster seems reliable). At this point, the rumors are strong enough I'd bet there is at least strong interest, if not close to a deal. The last I heard was that Vitesse almost let the cat out of the bag, not realizing the signing wasn't official yet.

As to your questions, Vergara had stated he wanted to keep all players until the team won at least one title, but recent speculation is that he would be willing to transfer someone like Davila, who while has a lot of potential, has not featured much on the main squad. The timing of the deal could work for a signing this week, so I wouldn't be surprised.

23. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Cheers for clarification. Much appreciated. Yeah I asked in the abroad thread but thought it may be better to come here :)

Yes I heard about that Vitesse one, from a Vitesse fan on twitter that the news got leaked at much early stages. I'm quite surprised at the price, is he owned by Chivas 100%? reported fee certainly too low for one who caught eye recently.

Another question I asked there too, do Manutd have some agreement with Chivas for sub-20 players, ie first option or so? Some messageboard here have speculated so.

24. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    When Hernandez signed with Manchester United, there was talk about some sort of agreement between the two squads, but all the specifics weren't outlined. The one thing I remember was that Guadalajara was going to send 2 players to train with the Manchester United youth squads last winter, though it didn't end up happening (in part because the players that were going to be sent were required by the first team).

25. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Thanks, I suspected nearly same as not much was reported in reputable papers like Guardian or Sky sources. I guess we will wait & see if anything official happens or not. Thanks again for informations. Ta