Official Boca Juniors News and Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by bosterosoy, May 22, 2008.

1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Re: Official Boca Juniors Transfer Threads

I'm pretty sure those figures are in dollars, and 3,000 dollars a month is pretty good for a 20 year old having played one game. Do you know how much he wanted?? $120k per year, which is $10k a month. Waaaay to much for a kid that hasn't proven ANYTHING.

Castroman was a huge disappointing signing which idk wth they went through with it. To call Datolo a bench warmer is a complete joke, he was one of our best players this semester. As for Gracian, he was brought into replace Riquelme when he for Villareal again. Now that he's back, I do hope that they get rid of him and give Gaitan/Chavez more chances. But to say that the youth players don't get their chances is a joke. Chavez and Monzon are great examples. Same goes with Roncaglia who will most likely get more playing time this year. Not to mention that they will all probably get some games in the Sudamericana and got some games at the end of the league season (while Boca was focusing on the Libertadores). Other great examples are Tevez, Gago, Banega etc who all were recently starters out of the youth system and then sold for a sh*tload of money. And the there are other players that stayed despite not getting the playing time and fought for their positions, a la Ledesma, Datolo, Cardozo, Battaglia (who waited for Gago and Banega to pass to get his chance) etc etc

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Is Nayar any good?

Maybe they should just let him go. Sounds like a cancer for the team.

3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

They insisted that those numbers were in pesos, apparently Newell's was offering him a 10,000 pesos salary if he would've gone there on loan. He didn't say how much he wanted or anything.

To me it looks like Boca didn't seem to have a high consideration on him but also didn't allow him to leave, so now with the contract expiring, clearly he took adventage and left on his own, without Boca being involved in the transfer, and now he'll be getting even a lot more then what Newell's offered him.

Datolo as a bench warmer is probably inaccurate, right, but then again like Castromán and Gracian, they didn't really need him that much, also Battaglia could be a different case from Ledesma and Cardozo since Battaglia was already an experienced player, not a youth trying to gain on pitch minutes.

4. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Calvo, Krupoviesa and Franzoia with their loans finished they returned to Boca and are training for now. Ibarra didn't show up because he didn't sign his contract yet.

Piatti's arrival gets delayed once more, now Gimnasia wants U$S4,000,000 plus Calvo's transfer. Palacio and Ledesma departures are still uncertain, Ledesma could get a contract extension for 2 more years. Boselli which was believed had a step in Lanús may be going to Estudiantes instead.

5. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

I think Boca closed the door on the Piatti transfer because they aren't willing to give up that amount of cash along with Calvo. They originally offered 3 million and Bertolo if I recall correctly

6. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Ledesma is going to Italy ... this afternoon the deal was closed. Boselli is closer to Estudiantes every day.

Hamburg offered 3.5 million Euros for Monzon plus the Sorin transfer ... jeejeje, Juanpi can go play to Argentinos for all Boca cares. Monzon won't be sold ... the kid is gold and the dirigentes want him to stay at least 2 yrs.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yeah, I hope they keep Monzon for a while, they better not sell him. I think he will be great for Boca, and if he can mature and improve his defensive positioning a bit, I think he'll be great for the National team as well. We need a fullback like him, with the speed and confidence to join the attack.

There was a good article about Monzon in the July issue of El Grafico. I almost didn't buy it because it had Buonanotte in the cover and I thought it would be all about the gayinas, but then I saw it had the article on Monzon and so I bought it and it was worth it.

He seems like a very simple kid who has his feet on the ground. He only came to Boca at age 18, which is unusual. I think we have to give a lot of credit to Ischia for giving him the chance to play.

8. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

When Boca was in Japan, the Fox Sports/La Red peeps doing the game had plenty of time with the dirigentes. I remember Mariano Closs saying that the dirigentes had the replacement for the left side, a kid Monzon. It seems that Monzon had pushed himself into the first team a while before Ischia was appointed, in mid-December '07.

Monzon comes from a very, but very poor family. They did a report on him in Estudio Futbol a while back. His dad worked his ass off to support the family ... he is a garbage man in Rosario (I believe that is where they are from). Monzon had a dream as a kid, be a grabage man himself. In his X-mas vacation, he went back home and went to work helping his brothers in their mechanic shop. This kid knows the tuff side of life, which is the same reason why he seems so "hungry" when he plays. He believes in himself, and know he will change his family's lives 180 degrees sooner than later.

Btw, according to el Chueco alves, the Reserves coach, Monzon has the strongest shot in all of Boca's 1ra. We will soon start to see his goals ...

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

No doubt, he has the opponent's goal in mind. I really look forward to his development, we could be looking at our very own Roberto Carlos. Listen to this quote:

'Me gusta pasar al ataque, participar de la jugada, servir centros, probar de afuera. Es la funcion que mas me llena.'

and describing his attributes:

'Mi principal virtud es la velocidad. A veces siento que soy mas rapido que algunos, pero tampoco una luz. Tengo buen salto para el juego aereo y soy bastante fuerte para ir al choque. Me gustaria mejorar la pegada. Por ahora le doy mas fuerte que preciso.'

10. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Very exciting, let's hope he continues to develop so he can be Argentina's #3 someday.

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

He's already going to the Olympics right? Let's hope he plays well there.

12. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

He's already training with the olympic team, same with Riquelme.

Boselli's transfer, now with Estudiantes seems stuck again, they haven't reached an agreement for the federative rights. Migliore could be going to Atlético Nacional.

13. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

:mad:

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Now we know who we can get to replace Palacio.

[​IMG]

:p

15. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

lol if only :p

16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Talk about a step backwards:D

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

He has been saying that he's a fan of Boca Juniors. I guess Boca's greatness knows no boundaries.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1029171

18. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The other day in Fútbol Para Todos they had an interview with both Henry and Palermo, also yesterday he went to the program and played Fútbol-Tenis.

Anyway, it seems that Boca will try to get the 50% of Piatti.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Henry is also fan of Vasco da Gama and even has a shirt.

BTW, you guys shot us down in our bid for Riquelme :(

20. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Honestly are you surprised? Even with his recent shaky form we weren't going to sell him to anybody. If we do, I doubt it would be to another South American club.

21. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008

David Trezeguet was once quoted a while back saying he'd like to play for Boca. He at least has an Argentine connection making it fractionally more believable.

Not much of a team player though.

22. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

his name was thrown around in rumors that Pompilio would bring in a player from Serie A to replace Palacio, but luckily Rodrigo is staying

23. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008

The Trezeguet talk was years ago, well before Pompilio's appointment. Maybe it's still a possibility now.

Speaking of players' returning or joining Argentine soccer it's always intrigued me what club Leo Messi will team-up with when he decides it's time to, a desire he's expressed before, experience playing in the Argentine top division.

A Rosario boy (Newell's fan I believe) that could've player for River. Where would his likely destination, if any, be?

24. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Newell's probably.

25. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

he's a Newell's fan so probably Newell's