Official Boca Juniors News and Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by bosterosoy, May 22, 2008.

1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Re: Official Boca Juniors Transfer Threads

he's not going to play for nothing, but he was the one that offered to play for Boca and at a reduced price. If he doesn't want much, he would be a nice player to have coming off the bench IMHO

2. Disaster

Disaster New Member

Jun 28, 2008

kiero que benga boca ah my ciudad! dale dale siempre dale aaargh! ;D boca <3.

3. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008

I thought it was a given that we both used "nothing" in the non-literal sense here.

I just don't see it happening plus I feel it would be a backwards step for Boca if such a move was to occur. Anyway, are Boca even interested to begin with?

4. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

no Pompilio rejected the offer

5. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think he was good, as an enforcer and destroyer. But right now I don't think he'd add a lot to Boca. And if he comes, he'll want to start. I don't think is a good use of the resources.

Now, if we could get Makelele to come, he still got something in the tank. :D

7. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008

Davids has had a good career no doubt. Just not convinced about the thinking behind this rumour. Could he do a job? Maybe, you'll see a lot more Argentine football than I do & are probably more qualified to judge.

The idea of an over-the-hill Davids - a player that was all about high energy, high workrate & high wages - who clearly isn't a top-level player anymore shouldn't get the pulses of the Boca hinchada racing.

Makelele along with Gattuso became the most recognisable, modern-day archetypal holding midfielders - the European standard bearers of the role some love to hate. These guys more than most brought the spotlight back onto that niche speciality whose best exponent currently IMO is Mascherano. Makelele ended-up @ Chelsea because of Perez's unwillingness to meet Makelele's wage demands. The destroyer's image, regardless of the importance & high level of the individual to the team, hindered the Frenchman in getting Galacticos wages.

Makelele's powers are on the wane & Paris Saint Germain are supposedly interested suitors in taking the French internationalist back to Le Championat.

It's a pity that Ever Banega was unable to continue his learning curve for a couple more seasons at Boca. Of course due to economic reasons the offer from Valencia at a time when Riquelme's return was sealed made it difficult to refuse.

Banega is a player who intrigues me at the moment. Have been learning more about him recently & I've only seen snippets of him from Boca games & specifically his campaign with the Argentine U-20s & he looks awesome to me. Was he always a holding player or was he just deployed in that position? He's like a more technical version of Gattuso! His range of passing is superior, he has a trick or two & appears accomplished in the tackle. You have probably seen more of him than I but I'm very interested to see this kid's development as his potential looks limitless. His main obstacle will be attempting to grow & shine in a Valencia side that have gone into freefall as of late though.

However, this is a player that really excites me & one I've pinpointed for others to look out for.

Will be keeping a keen eye on Valencia in next season's La Liga.

8. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Rodrigo Palacio's transfer seems to be stuck, because to Lazio, Boca is taking too long to decide and so they may go after Mauro Zárate.

Regarding the tour, after United States, to which certainly like it was said above i haven't heard of any scheduled match, Boca would go to Barcelona to play that friendly cup that Barça played against Bayern last year.

9. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

along with other friendlies in Europe and Venezuela

Lazio has gotten Zarate on loan with option to buy that would end up costing $21 million

Palacio also has interested from Napoli, while Atletico Madrid and Barcelona are interested (though nothing formal from them yet)

Hopefully he just ends up staying. It wasn't really Boca's fault for waiting to long, Palacio wanted to wait because he is waiting for an offer from Spain instead of going to Italy

10. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Un pleno al Negro

yea! el Negro stay's!! :)

11. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
  12. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

lol more like he got injured various times

13. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Ledesma will go to Catania and Boselli will go to Lazio and yes Ibarra will stay one more season.

Gracián is wanted by Racing and Vélez may have some slight interest on bringing him back.

14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

So that makes Oscar Trejo, Fernando Forestieri, and now Sebastian Nayar.

Great!

16. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

i think Nayar has to stay though because he has already signed a contract. It's a little different from the other cases. Anyways, if he stays they should just let him rot on the bench por ser hdp :p I don't want him playing for Boca

Boselli to Lazio as said above for $5 million and Ledesma to Catania for $4 million

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Nayar's contract finished the monday. Also they had an interview in Estudio Fútbol, he was pissed at Boca's managment for the way he feels they are treating their youth players, in his particular case he's also angry because he wasn't allowed to go on loan to Newell's nor accept the millonaire loan to AZ.

18. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

That's what he says, but according to Boca he had signed a 4 year contract that runs for another 2 years (or something like that) while Nayar claims there is an exit clause. Boca didn't let him go to AZ because the offer they sent included a buyout clause of 800k the year after and Boca doesn't want to sell him for 800k. And then he complained that they don't give the youth players a chance. The real problem is that the top youth players that are coming up (Nayar, Noir, Ayala and Gaitan) are playing the same position as Battaglia, Palermo, Caranta and Riquelme (respectively). That is why he doesn't play, not because they don't play the youth players (see Monzon and Chavez as examples)

19. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The underlined part pretty much sums everything up. What I really question is just how much of Nayar's stance is motivated by an agent or representative? This seems to be a recurring theme amongst young players in which the reps are wanting a paycheck asap. Considering nothing about going overseas is guaranteed, I would think a responsible agent would want his "kid" to develop in an environment with a positive track record with it's youth players.

20. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

eactly Moishe, and it's not even like he's going to Barcelona or something, its Recreativo Huelca or whatever it's called.

And for all the talk about how badly he was paid (so he claims), he was making $30000 a year, which is 90,000 pesos. That's pretty good for somebody who has only played one game in the top division. Hell, that's more than some people in the MLS make

21. Bispham Seasider

Bispham Seasider New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

The trouble is I suppose that $300,000 is what players in the English Championship in the second tier here, earn, never mind La Liga. But it was still surely good money for someone who had played just one game. And I should imagine he will earn big money in La Liga even though Recreativo de Huelva aren't exactly a big club. Their stadium only holds less than 20,000 apparently. If he was moving to a club like Barcelona or Read Madrid then he would at least be moving to a so called "big club".

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

You have to take into account the country's economy as well. 30,000 in Argentina is a pretty decent amount of money. It may not be much in Madrid, London or other European cities but in Argentina which is a very inexpensive city it's a good amount of money for a 20 year old to make.

23. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Would you consider him a baller then DK??:p

24. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

According Nayar himself, when AZ came for him Boca rated him on U$S6,000,000, probably to scare them away, which he considered was out of proportion.

What was said in Estudio Fútbol, not by Nayar himself, is that he had a salary of 1,000 pesos(yes pesos not dollars) per month, which is too few not only to argentine standards but for a player under contract in Boca, considering that some youth players of 2nd division sides are getting more than that as a "biatico", which is the reason he considered that the way Boca rated him and what he was getting paid was out of proportion. In the contract renewal which didn't get to happen, Boca was going to pay him 3,000 pesos per month.

I believe it's the other way around, it's more in here then what it's in there, i also believe it's quite quick to classify Argentina as an inexpensive city, while that may be applied to the city of Buenos Aires, but not everywhere else, for example in Neuquen by 30,000 pesos(since that's what he's getting paid with) a year well you'd barely make it to the end of the month. Now if it was 30,000 pesos(let alone dollars or euros) per month you could live as a king anywhere in the country.

Also when he refers to the way "Boca treats their youth" he doesn't mean that Boca still has Riquelme, Battaglia, Palermo, Ibarra, etc. but they feel a lot of deception when they hear that they are going to sign bench warmers like Gracian, Castromán, Datolo, etc.

25. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

What do you mean "it's more in here then what it's in there"? If you mean that $30,000 will get you further in BA than it will in Madrid then yes that's what I meant.

And yes I was referring to Buenos Aires since that's where Boca is based and that's where I imagine the kid lives.