Official Boca Juniors News and Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by bosterosoy, May 22, 2008.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Official Boca Juniors Transfer Threads

Is that a joke?

2. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

They said that in FOX Sports, how much of the Cañizares offer was true i don't know, the truth is that Boca is(or was) looking for a keeper, a rumour in the recent weeks said that Abbondanzieri was going to return.

3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

LOL! Can you imagine?

Ronaldinho es de Boca
    Porque gayina no es!
    :D

5. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: "Que se hable ya es un honor"

Bergessio se mostró orgulloso de que el Xeneize esté interesado en contratarlo. "¿A quién no le gustaría jugar en uno de los clubes más grandes?", aseguró en diálogo con Un Buen Momento. Hacé un clic para escucharlo.
    [​IMG]

More...

6. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

The offer for Palacio is US$25 million now, he will give a definite answer when he gets back from vacation. His replacement could be Zarate, but the one that seems closer, if the owners of his transfer are reasonable, is Bergessio.

There is also an interest on a 20 year old coming from Instituto ... a forward that plays as a supporting forward, ala Palacio. Can't recall his name right now, but is a bet for the future. Boca could close this deal soon.

For GELP's Piatti, Boca upped the offer from 2.5 to 3.5 US$million. We are waiting for an answer, as Pompilio stated that it is a very good offer for the local market.

Castroman is the "Datolo-ish" bet of the President for this semester. Lucas should have the opportunities to play as the supporting forward or as the right midfielder this semester, and prove that he is worth the 700k a year paid for him. I still believe in Lucas, provided he is healthy. Lets consider that Castroman was injured most of the semester. Why?

A late start of pre-season with he Birmingham soap opera, and primarily, the "Simeone" effect. Wtf is this? Well, the "grasoso" stated right after the summer tournies that Boca had lost during the summer as we got Castroman and Morel injured. That is his way of quantifying the football of summer, despite the "baile" in the first and his luck in the 2nd (lets add the win for the points during the official tournament). This should make us think twice how much of a fortuity was Archubi's knee on Castroman's butt during the 2nd summer superclasico. It got him out of the game and to miss a few critical weeks of his getting in shape time. Just think of D'Alessandro and his game at River for the Clausura for conclusions. Simeone is a dirty bitch ...

As to what Boca needs, it is definetely a goalie. I would look at Canizares seriously. He was kicked out of Valencia because of his "power" at the club, not for performance. But Pompilio declared on Sunday that Boca won't be looking at signings for goalie ... that with Caranta and the 2 youngsters, Javier Garcia and Josue Ayala, it will suffice. There are big hopes on both of them and even more on Maximiliano Scapparoni, still young and part of the Reserves champ team. Pompilio believes Boca needs to give one of these youngsters the chance, and that the fans need to support the younster. He mentioned Casillas' case at Real Madrid ... if he wasn't given a chance ...

Fact is that Boca's Reserves won their tournament and that the process of consolidating some of the youngsters is in the works. The first team would had won a long tournament for the 07-08 season and could/should had made it to late June in the Libertadores had we had a better goalie sub, despite playing with our 2nd team some of the Clausura rounds. The future is not bright ... it is the norm at Boca.

7. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Castroman sucks. He sucked towards the end of his stint at Velez, he really really sucked with America, and he's sucked the few moments I've seen of him at Boca. He's been a useless buy so far like I said he would be. If he stays hopefully he'll shut me up but I just don't see it.

8. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

The Ronaldinho is pretty bad joke. I could see maybe how that could occur, but I doubt it and know way either side realistically thought it possible. I can see the Edgar Davids being true as he has said in the past he wanted to play in Argentina and preferably Boca. I think he's too old though and Boca is a serious club, not like some MLS team that gets stars past their prime and 35+

9. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Boca is interested in signing Colombian NT RB Camilo Zuñiga. This guy is a crack. It will be a very good signing.

10. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

ya they want him to replace Ibarra if he leaves.
    They also said they might get the Atletico Nacional gk as well

11. Bispham Seasider

Bispham Seasider New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

At 35 surely Edgar Davids is too old? Wasn't he born in Suriname though so I suppose a move to Argentina wouldn't be so unusual.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Ospina the Nacional keeper went to Nice in France for 2.5 million euros, so thats not happening he is doing the medicals and but should be confirmed soon:D

Zuniga was wanted last season by River but they didnt let him leave this season would be cool to see him at Boca but still prefer Bustos at Rb for the NT unless Riquelme teachs Zuniga how to take a free kick

13. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Ibarra could not be going to Santos but joining Schelotto in the MLS.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Bergessio would be great with Boca, if Palacio leaves.

What's the story with his time at Benfica? Did he not get a fair shot to start?

15. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

looks like Ignacio Piatti is a done deal. Boca is giving Gimnasia 3.5 million dollars and Nicolas Bertolo

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Great news.

17. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008

The latest news regarding the Ronaldinho saga is that Carlo Ancelotti has re-ignited an interest in bringing the Brazilian playmaker to the Italian capital but it’s still mainly paper talk as the Rossoneri clearly still haven’t given up on courting Adebayor of Arsenal yet – a deal which may hinge on the Gaucho transfer.

The problem for Ronnie is that he’s put himself into a quagmire. The 28-year-old Barca outcast in my opinion now represents an extremely high priced commodity that is ultimately damaged goods – a flawed luxury no longer worth the risk. It was reported over here months prior to Ronnie being entirely frozen out @ the Camp Nou that the Brazilian’s professionalism had utterly sunk. In some instances it couldn’t even be guaranteed he’d attend training. As shocking as it sounds this trait is also shared by his fellow Brazilian cohorts. He was also becoming too absorbed with his image rights, advertisements & other off-the-field distractions which undoubtedly upset team morale. His ego had appeared to become too big even for the Catalan titans. It can also now be concluded that this is a trend since Ronnie also allegedly was a bad influence near the end of his reign with Paris St. Germain. In hindsight maybe Fernandez was right after all.

The situation for Ronnie’s brother & agent, De Assis, is that having been told unequivocally that the club has had enough is that your brother can rot in the stands ‘til 2010 on a king’s ransom or try to find a suitably prestigious club willing enough to fork out the large sums of money the former Gremio starlet has become accustomed to. Of course the Man City scenario is merely a smokescreen in order to gauge the interest, if any, of potential buyers & test the transfer market. Other rumored suitors Palmeiras, Internacional & Boca make for interesting reading but complete nonsense. He won’t have lost his ability & imagine the interest & exposure that would be generated if the former world player of the year wore the famous shirt of Boca. There’s probably more chance of him following Becks to the MSL.

True, there will always be interest from various quarters for such a mercurial individual of, on his day, captivating, creative genius. However the only apparent serious interest from one of football’s elite seems to be emanating from the world club champions, AC Milan. However the modern-day Milanese giant is frugal, realistic & much more financially disciplined to be held hostage to the crazed economics of the madhouse often frequented by their less illustrious European counterparts.

It is claimed that Ronnie’s number one priority is to find a club competing in the Champions League. Well, Milan finished a disappointing fifth in Serie A. Where does this leave the Rio Grande do Sul native? A self-inflicted dead-end dilemma. A great player but one that’s maybe more hassle than he’s worth. Either Ronnie gets real or someone takes the gamble.

As for Davids, the Xeneize hardly need that guy. Didin't even know he was still playing!

I remember reading not so long ago Tevez saying that his goal is to return to Boca after a few more years in Europe when he is still maintaining a high level of performance. He said having too much respect for the club means he'd never want to play for them if deemed too fat, slow & completely past his peak.

18. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

What about Chelsea? Scolari looks to be the only manager who can straighten him out.

19. kickscore92

kickscore92 New Member

Jun 27, 2008

i heard a rumor that boca is coming to play in the USA for a 5 game tour. is this true??? please message me with a response..

thanks.

dale boca!!

20. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I heard Boca will spend 2 weeks in Washington D.C.(didn't hear if they would go to other cities or how many matches they would play there), but sometime after they will go to Spain and then to Venezuela(talk about a tour)

21. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

July 9th they leave for Washington DC but for some reason I dont think they've scheduled any games, which seems strange IMO

22. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

Davids was a great player and still has a little left in the tank, plus a lot of world class experience. He is no longer worried about money and would come just to play for Boca and enjoy the experience. I think it would be a nice fit to have such an experienced player who could come of the bench for Battaglia, even start the Sudamericana games with 2-3 other starters and the rest youth players (thats how I think they should use that tourney). And even more so if he would do it for an almost nothing salary

23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

So Boca will be making some money. Hopefully it will be reflected in the roster. I want to see a kickass team. We need to teach the gayinas a lesson.

24. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

They aren't going to make that big of a splash in the market. They got Piatti, they are looking to get a RB in case Ibarra leaves and then perhaps another striker or goalkeeper. Other than that, most of the incorporations will come from the 13 or 15 (forget how many) players that are returning to Boca from loan and from the youth squad.

25. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008

Was never a huge fan of Davids. IMHO an overrated enforcer who was fortunate enough to have played for some of the biggest names in Europe. I've yet to see a player whom claims money to be of no factor actually follow through & play for nothing but for the love of the jersey or something romantic like that. Meh, Edgar speculation does nothing for me plus the guy is like 35-years-old making even discussing this underwhelming pie-in-the-sky move all the more laughable.