Official Barra Brava OT Throwball Thread

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by CHICO13, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Pops United

Pops United New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Section 137
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Won't ever take away from what Polamalu does, but he is one of eleven. And this is the Steelers defense we are talking about. ;)

2. Pats/Hokies Fan

Pats/Hokies Fan New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    RE : Steelers
    The only issue there is they're not putting teams away because the OL is struggling. They've had a lead on all these teams. They'll get it back soon enough.

Remember the Steelers OL struggling in Nov/Dec 2008 ? They got it back together when it counted.

I don't think it's Polamalu, it's the lack of a running game. Please let me know when Willie Parker starts playing again.

3. Pats/Hokies Fan

Sep 13, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    Wildly inconsistent. It's exciting, but terrifying.
    KR team is amazing, and punt block team is doing well, but the coverage teams are average, and the punt returners are having serious difficulty. FG kicking looked good until the short miss on Saturday, and the Punts have been fine, but poor aim on directional kicks.

4. Pats/Hokies Fan

Sep 13, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    Also, um... are all the PSU fans still okay ? I put out the "suicide watch" on all my PSU friends after that mess of a game at home vs. Iowa. Here's a drive chart for PSU for the 2nd, 3rd & 4th quarters :
    Time Q Pos Start Plays Yds Result
    ------------------------------------------------
    13:16 2 01:29 PSU 5 3 -6 Safety
    09:31 2 02:06 PSU 15 3 -3 Punt
    04:41 2 01:08 PSU 27 3 -5 Punt
    00:11 2 00:11 IOWA 25 1 -2 End of Half
    15:00 3 03:41 PSU 30 9 36 Interception
    07:28 3 02:28 PSU 30 7 40 Field Goal Missed
    01:14 3 03:53 PSU 22 9 29 Punt
    12:21 4 02:36 PSU 23 6 28 Interception
    08:32 4 00:16 IOWA 36 1 18 Fumble
    04:06 4 00:18 PSU 30 3 0 Interception
    00:08 4 00:08 PSU 28 1 10 End of Game

5. Coffin

Coffin New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That sounds almost as bad after WVU's loss last weekend to Auburn after being up 21-3 in the first quarter... 5 interceptions and 1 fumble later, all by the QB I might add, the final was 40-30. Sad story... I feel your pain PSU.

6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Special teams is all on Beamer. I hate it and I love it. It will be interesting which direction some things go as the season goes on. You may remember they got away from trying to block kicks last season because the young kids kept hitting the kickers. It looks like they have that part of the game back. Interestingly enough, Williams said he didn't feel comfortable returning kicks before the Alabama game. Of course they had him back there for the Alabama game and of course it resulted in a turnover. He took himself off the returns after that. Hosley has done well. The conditions gave Hosley some issues the other night. Roberts has looked good as well. I never understood Morgan being back there when he was injured and wasn't able to go full speed. Wilson has potential too. I don't fully understand the kicking game. The long snapper was injured and I hope they fix that before the Duke game. I'm a huge fan of Bowden.

[​IMG]

You're a better man than me. I was giving them directions to the closest gun shop.

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Rivalry Weekend starts tonight with Lake Braddock at Robinson. Should be a good one, both teams have some top ranked defenses and play all out. Heading up to Robinson with scruggs for the 7:30 kickoff. GO BRUINS!

Tomorrow it's Michigan v Michigan State. A lot of trash talking coming out of East Lansing. We'll see....

8. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    My buddy Donny Z is doing the color commentary for Braddock/Robinson game on GameDay magazine broadcast.

And there certainly has been a lot of smack talk coming from East Lansing fans in my office today.

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    ******** Lake Braddock

10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I plan on taking in a high school game tonight, but I'm not sure which I'll end up at. I've seen VT commit, Brian Laiti, a few times. I might end up at Lake Braddock or watching Annandale at Lee or Edison at Oakton.

11. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Robinson 28 Lake Braddock 21

******** Lake Braddock

Go Hokies!

12. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    ******** robinson and ******** the hokies

i know robinson won the game but i was glad to see that they weren't a state championship caliber team...i hadnt seen them yet...the post ranking is highly inflated

solid team that didnt turn the ball over...the other team wont always give away the game like that

13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I apologize for my past posts where I was not an equal opportunity hater. I also hate Robinson, but liked them representing the old Patriot District in football since the District often seemed like the ACC of the Northern Region. It was a basketball district with Hayfield and TC as the usual UNC and Robinson representing as FSU in football. I hate all of the recent re-districting all over the state. I wish the VHSL would at least let schools stay around in districts and see how things pan out instead of moving them so much now. The Patriot District isn't even really the Patriot District to me anymore. Robinson was a loss, but it's just not the same without Hayfield. Lee moving to the Patriot District from the Liberty District was a move that made some sense and helped some rivalries. Woodson? WTF?

Post rankings have always sucked regarding VA schools.

There are a lot of surprisingly sound, disciplined and solid teams in the Northern Region this year. A lot of teams aren't that far apart and that's not a bad thing.

//nearly extended my rant to Gunston District nostalgia

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not even close. LB ran a spread no huddle offense that Robinson had no answer for. LB killed themselves with unforced turnovers and penalties otherwise it could have been a blowout.

One thing's for sure. I'll be at the LB vs Lee game next Friday night just to see LB's QB. That kid's the real deal...

15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Somebody told me UCLA is looking at Lopez. It's hard to judge him since he doesn't pass much. When he does, he's normally accurate and has a good touch. He had some good long passes tonight. A lot of the offense is an option variant. Lee has a couple kids who were at Paul VI last year. Idreis Augustus is the star of the team and is one of the leading rushers in the metro area. I've seen Lee let up late in games. I'm sure the coaches will get after them for that. They beat Annandale 33-23 tonight. It was 33-10 with 4:40 remaining, but a fumble when Lee was killing the clock gave Annandale a short field for a TD drive and then the onside kick ended up being touched and really backed up the Lee defense for another short TD sequence and failed 2-pt conversion.

Tenorio's Post article about the Robinson-Braddock game is up and includes a video.

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was talking about Lake Braddock's QB Michael Nebrich who passed plenty. He went 25 for 40 with 2 TD's and 1 INT. He's big, fast and has a great arm. I disagree with Tenorio, LB outplayed Robinson and killed themselves especially with one turnover on a punt and one penalty that would have put the game away.

Next Friday should be fun. Looking forward to it...

17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Ahh. I misread that. That makes a lot more sense. There is no doubt he is a good QB and has the tools to make it at the next level. What year is he? Did he split time last year? He's in a good system for passing at LB.

18. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He's a junior

19. Pats/Hokies Fan

Sep 13, 2007
    Centreville, VA
  20. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 4th Quarter of the NU-Mizzou game was my reward for watching the first three quarters.

21. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Via http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/

And now Blache isn't speaking to the media?

What a ********ing circus. :(

I know we can't get rid of Snyder, but what's Vinny gotta do to get fired?

22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    That was an amazing fourth quarter. I was definitely pulling for the Huskers since I felt they were underrated. Strangely through three quarters of ineptitude I never doubted they would come back and win. It almost felt like the VT-NU game. It was just a matter of time before the black shirts caught some of the passes that were being thrown to them. There were definitely some questionable calls against the Huskers and the announcers were annoying as always, but Suh continues to be one of my favorite players in college football. I can't wait to see him play against teams I hate on Sundays.

23. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Husker fan, allow me to thank VT for teaching my team the hard way exactly what it takes to beat a ranked team in their own house. Coach Pelini was quoted earlier this week as saying that QB Zac Lee had learned a lot from that game, and he damn sure looked like it.

24. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Going to the Lake Braddock v Lee game tonight with scruggs. Anxious to see our QB light it up again...

25. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    I think I will be at the game of the week: DM vs GC in the shadows of the dump known as Fedex.