Official Barra Brava OT Throwball Thread

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by CHICO13, Apr 24, 2009.

1. pendulum

pendulum Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thought i'd get some heat for the JT stuff, but i'll live with Pat White support. :D

what do you guys think is going to happen with your QB situation? IMO i wouldn't even call it a "situation", but it seems the media is making it one anyway... What is the consensus faith in Zorn at this point?

2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    You're new around these parts, but we're not as "united" about the other football around here. I wouldn't have known what you were talking about if you hadn't thrown in the name Zorn. I wasn't sure if the question was going to be high school, college or pro. Jason Campbell is #1. Todd Collins is #2. The controversy has been around the #3 slot. Brennan was supposed to challenge Collins for the #2 and that didn't happen. Colt hasn't lived up to expectations and Chase Daniel is a bit of Colt Brennan 2008. I'm not sure the Skins deal anyone. I think all four stick around with one on the practice squad.

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    One thing I've noticed since the ticket stories broke out in the Post is that save for 106.7 the Fan, not ONE local media outlet has picked up on the story. All 3 local tv stations and all the other sport radio stations have decided to ignore it. The fear of angering that little weasel supercedes their journalitic integrity. It just goes to show how big the Skins are in this town and how much power that little fck holds.

4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Who produces the pre-season games? Those aren't CSN games (although their having the HD exclusivity s annoying). They're Redskin games. The Post and The Fan are the only outlets willing to take on the Skins at all. The irony is their coverage is still Skins focused and Snyder could be sitting around thinking there is no such thing as bad publicity. It's one thing for the Redskins to dominate the media around here (which I hate), but it drives me crazy that we rarely get unbiased takes on the team.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Some great games yesterday ( sorry Traci ). Ohio State barely squeaking one out, BYU pulling the upset. But now it's Michigan v Notre Dame week. Unless me and Scruggs can figure out the tv at the tailgate deal, neither one of us might make next Saturday's United game.

6. Coffin

Coffin New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ohio State got lucky, plain and simple. Bradford/OU down! WVU looked horrible against a Big South team, but still won by a couple possessions... Its going to be a tough season.

7. TraciK

TraciK BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    I didn't succeed in killing myself last night but I just learned that I apparently called everyone at the bar a mothafu$*er & told them to "go the fu!k away" if they weren't wearing crimson & cream. I've decided not to end it all yet, but rather to plummet in a downward spiral towards total self-destruction via heavy drinking (AKA, 2 games & a concert in the next 6 days).

Off to slit my wrists now...

8. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    you can have some of my vicodin

9. Coffin

Coffin New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was watching the highlights form this weekend and I must say, Denard Robison is going to be an exciting player to watch out of Michigan. Anyone who can run a sub 4.4 40, is already has an amazing talent, but for a quarterback who doesn't even tie his shoes... unreal.

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hang on to it, I think you're gonna need it....

11. Blondie4DCU

Blondie4DCU New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    DC
    USC vs San Jose State -- 56-3

Sure, I was a little disappointed when USC only beat San Jose State by 53 points. I mean, letting the Spartans SCORE? Really guys? :mad:

But then I remembered it's early in the season, so I am ok with it. :)

:D

12. TraciK

Nov 8, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Scruggsy's surgery pain doesn't compare to my pain at flying across the country to watch my team lose to BYU. Painkillers will thin the blood & help it to run out of my wrists more quickly.

13. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was talking about this Saturday ;)

btw, I know your kind of pain. I flew to LA for MLS Cup '98

14. TraciK

Nov 8, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Also, Michigan was 3-9 last year.

15. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've never met, but I'll be thinking of you when NU is playing Texas for the Big XII Championship.

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks for pointing that out.

17. TraciK

Nov 8, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Wow -that's a harsh thing to say to a girl who's been talking about slitting her wrists on this thread for the last 5 days. But it's okay - I've come to terms with the fact that we're not winning the nat'l championship this year. However, I wouldn't put my $$ on Nebraska to win the Big XII north, nor would I count OSU out of the hunt in the south.

I actually like Michigan just fine; I was only pointing out other ways in which Chico has previously felt my pain. It was more like an attempt at bonding rather than a dig at his team.

18. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, Traci, are we friends now? ;)

I was actually going from some bonding too--we're both from the Big XII, after all. And what kind of Husker would I be if I didn't take a dig at a Sooners fan?

19. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  20. TraciK

Nov 8, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Of course we're friends now. Now that I know that you're an actual Husker I have respect for your opinion. I had falsely assumed that you were just some outsider talking about NU, but alas, you are Big XII. :)

21. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  22. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ah, the real football starts today... ;) :D

23. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If I were a Terps fan I'd feel the same way :D

24. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not much better for me in the pros as a Skins fan, but I generally just like the NFL better anyway.

No 70-3 blowouts...well, unless someone pisses off the Patriots before a game or something :eek:

25. Blondie4DCU

Blondie4DCU New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    DC
    Silly Natty, it started on Thursday.