Official Asian Player of the Century thread (merged)

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Korean Football, Aug 30, 2002.

1. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    How can you forget Kim Joo Sung:eek:

2. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Kim JS was 86 as well? huoh.

3. sukeet

sukeet New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Re: Official ASIAN PLAYER OF THE CENTURY thread

Why did they want to naturalize Cha? Did the Budesliga have foreign player quotas back then? Or did they want Cha to play for Germany? I am sure Cha had caps for Korea already...

4. Assessor

Assessor New Member

May 22, 2002

SKY, sorry for replying so late.

Nein, Ich bin ein Koreanische!

Where did you get the idea that I was German?

Anyway, I was at Germany a couple of time last year and I witnessed first hand that there still are Germans that know about Cha-bum, but yes there are plenty of those who don't give a r*t's *ss about Fussball in Germany, too, which just demonstrates that nerds are everywhere around the world :)

Wish I could go there this summer, but guess it's too late to get tickets even if I could fix up a 'really important meeting with a cutting-edge technology company in Frankfurt'

5. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Parents told me they met Cha when he used to give testimonies at revival meetings in churches in Korea during the late 70's or early 80's. From what they remember, Cha said he was never a dominant player as he was developing as a player but that he started scoring goals in games. He wasn't training or doing anything differently but he just started scoring goals. Man, they should do a bio documentary on him!

6. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

i wish Park Ji Sung can turn out to be like Cha Beum Keun

7. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
  8. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia

http://sportsucc.media.daum.net/ucc...u_b1.targetkey1=22241&u_b1.targetkey2=7571862

[​IMG]

9. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
  10. pmhong

pmhong New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Nonsense.

Oh, my wife took a picture with Cha when she was a little girl because she grew up in Germany! I have the picture. Will post when I find it. It's got to be somewhere.

11. BioEndoic

BioEndoic New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Thats PATHETIC. The best player in Asian the whole century is RONG ZHI XING from China. Even Pele was impressed of him and direct quote ''every second rong is on the field he makes threats and I was unable to put my position into offense''. Zhi Xing made 2 goals directly from the CORNER KICK spot against Malaysia in the 60's.

12. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Sorry, never heard of him. Rong scored 2 goals against Malaysia in the 60's eh? But Cha had scored 3 goals in 5 minutes against Malaysia in the 70's ;)

Anyways, you are welcome to start a thread in the China forum and post the relevant stats and achievements there that would validate your claim.

Otherwise, NEXT!

13. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005

your an idiot and know nothing. pele says good stuff about anyone for a price.

14. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Who is RONG ZHI XING?
    I have never heard this player's name.

Did this player record 98 goals and 40 assists in 1. Bundesliga?
    Did this player won the UEFA cup 2 times?

Is this player included in the World's best Player of the Century?
    http://www.iffhs.de/?17f7370eff3702...42d03e32a16f43809fa3c17c13c09e20a15ff3c09f32b

15. RedDevil29

RedDevil29 New Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Mt. Prospect, IL
    without a doubt, he is still the best player Korea ever produced period!!

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    pft, you should see cha in his prime days.

17. pmhong

pmhong New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Cha was the MVP of the German soccer league called Bundesliga in 1986. That is pretty astonishing. You have to know that Bundesliga was the best soccer league in the 80's. I believe that is the first highest professional sport award an Asian received in the world stage. He was the first Asian to succeed at the world stage of a major sport. Cha was chosen as the best soccer player of the 80's by some French magazine! I'm sure many Europeans refused to give an objective credit to an Asian at the time. What impresses me the most is that he led 2 different teams which were considered weak to UEFA cup trophy. Sounds like a dominant player to me. It is strange that Korean media didn't make a big fuss over him as they do now with Park JI Sung who hasn't done anything spectacular yet.

18. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    That's just rong ..

19. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

well thats nice that he made 2 goals from the corner kick spot. ooes sound impressive but Pele will say anything for money.

Cha is clearly better, i never even heard of Rong

20. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    You're PATHETIC man.

21. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    oh man, i think people think that i'm going nuts cause i'm laughing pretty hard.
    your comments are just insanity.

anyway, i dont mean to change topic but Pavel Nedved is retiring from Czech National team on Wednesday. It's a pretty historic day. He's just world class. Every footballer should aim to play and conduct themselves like that guy. World Class.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/4795429.stm

[​IMG]

22. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.

nedved is asian:confused: .....jk:p

23. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Aw sad to see him go. Would've liked to see him in one more World Cup.

24. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    ahmad radhi :rolleyes: lol

25. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    What?