Official Asian Cup 2015 Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Feb 6, 2013.

1. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I remember there was a full-on riot in North Korea as well. They threw stuff at your players and one photo looked like there was 10,000 people surrounding Iran's bus. I don't know where those videos went, but it was surreal.

2. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    AFC Challenge Cup on the run.
    The group phase it's over: it will be Philippines vs. Maldive and Palestine vs. Afghanistan. None of these four teams have qualified for Asian Cup in their history, so it's gonna be a nice story to tell. I still hope for Palestine. Or Philippines.

nipponbasse83 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    wow Maldive upset. But they were the hosts so yeah.
    Good luck to all of them

4. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Afghanistan team's bus had an accident and some of their players got injured.

5. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ok Wow, I hope it wasn't serious. I know this may be inappropiate to post after that.... but

Nadeshiko Japan, Japan Women National Football Team just won their first Women Asian Cup 2014 in Vietnam, in addition to qualifying for the Canada 2015 Women World Cup, where they will defend their title as the 2011 Women World Cup Winners.

The men's team, Samurai Blue, is currently preparing for the Brazil 2014 World Cup and they are playing the Asian Cup in Australia 2015 Asian Cup, being already won their 4th Asian Cup Title back in 2011 Qatar.

So Congratulations, Nadeshiko Japan and Japan Football Association, I hope Japan best in both the 2014 Brazil and the 2015 Asian Cup in Australia.

GO JAPAN! GAMBARE, NIPPON! GAMBARE SAMURAI BLUE! GAMBARE NADESHIKO JAPAN!

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  6. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Palestine won 2-0 and it's the 1st finalist.

TODOROKI_11 repped this.
  7. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Philippines won in the second semi final 3-2 after extra time against hosts Maldives.

So it is either Palestine or Philippines.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  8. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope Palestine can make it!!

c shima, Samurai Warrior and Whispered11 repped this.
  9. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Palestine would mean a tough group for Iraq. Palestine, Jordan and Iraq are all familiar to each other, and Japan is the defending champion..

Philippines is at least an opponent that we have never played, so I wouldn't mind facing them.

10. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why?

11. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    More about political reasons than football to tell the truth

KiarashM, seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Palestine did win, so they'll be our last team in the group.

13. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Congrats on them, it was deserved.

zdrstvte, c shima, Suren01 and 2 others repped this.
  14. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Congratulations to Palestine for making it to the Asian Cup for the first time in their history, surely a major achievement for their progress in football.

Let's just hope Palestine doesn't get humiliated in for them a very tough group but put up a respectable performance. Last time against an Asian powerhouse (Iran) they lost 7-0(!) back in Oct 2011.

15. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    Let's clarify one thing about that match: Iran played its best team against our domestic one, we had no coach and was in very bad shape. I wouldn't judge Palestine from that friendly alone. Key players like Nu'man, Zatara, Bahdari and Ramzi did not play. I just looked at the XI from that match, and only two of them are in today's team. We have developed massively since.

When it comes to both Iraq and Jordan, we have drawn and lost to them a couple of times. I don't see why we can't beat them this time around. Especially Jordan.

Samurai Warrior and KiarashM repped this.
  16. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Thanks for explaining! TBH I don't know much about Palestine's NT but I watched the final game against Philippines and it was a well deserved victory. I hope they pull some surprises at the Asian Cup, good luck to you my brother.

Samurai Warrior and aminou repped this.
  17. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    There wasn't even a manager with the team when they lost 7-0 to Iran. It was the first post-WCQ game and although it was humiliating to lose by a record score it did prompt the federation to get its act together.

I will be in Recife to see Japan play Cote d'Ivoire and I am looking forward to the trip to Newcastle to see Palestine play against them in January... it will be a great test.

18. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    ^ Don't feel that bad m8. That was one of Iran's best matches under CQ. Everyone was match fit and at their peak. Besides the same team beat Bahrain 6:0 a few days later.

Anyhow, wish you guys the best of luck. Even though you're in a rather difficult group both Iraq and Jordan are unstable teams with incomprehensible performance fluctuations. Would be a fun group to watch.

19. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Looking forward to seeing Palestine play, a team I'll admit I've never watched before.

20. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    If Palestine were to get more than a point in the group then it would be a shocker. They're already in a hole since they'll be giving up three points to Japan(you would be naive to think otherwise. It would be like San Marino drawing Germany. It would never happen. The quality is above and beyond what they are capable of.) The most recent match they played Jordan they lost 4-1(in 2013) and they haven't played Iraq in the last few years.

It's a nice story, but it would be miraculous for them to get a result against one of these teams.

21. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I wonder if any of the Palestinians will defect in Australia. It happens all the time with Cuban baseball players and I think African players do it every now and then.

22. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    LOL this will be pretty funny but realistic too.

Maybe they will beat a demotiveted Jordan/Iraq in the third match when Japan and the other persian team will be already qualified for the ko stage.

23. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Arab not Persian.

OneiroPhobia, tako, nakata101 and 3 others repped this.
  24. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan met Jordan two times in Asian Cup and only managed to get draws, needless to say a loss in WCQ.
    In the recent WCQ Japan met a very young Iraq team and only managed to beat them 1-0. In Australia they will be stronger and I will not be surprised if they repeat 2007.
    And even small Arab country is not a pushover, that what recent Asian football history shows, and Palestine dose not have oil money but their players will be very motivated and determined.
    It is not easy group. Though offcouse I expect Japan advance, still there will be tough games .

25. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #150 tako, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    Japan participated in Asian Cup 7 times, and advanced past group stage 6 times. Only when Japan first particpated Asian cup in 1988, Japan failed in group stage.
    But so Iraq. They participated in Asian Cup 7 times, and advanced past group stage 6 times. Only when Iraq first particpated Asian cup in 1972, thye failed in group stage.
    Jordan participated in Asian Cup 2 times, and advanced past group stage 2 times.