Official Asian Cup 2015 Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #76 Keren, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    Pot 1 : Australia, Iran, Japan, Uzbekistan
    Pot 2 : Korea Republic, UAE, Jordan, Saudi Arabia
    Pot 3 : Oman, China, Qatar, Iraq
    Pot 4 : Bahrain, Kuwait, DPR Korea and Challenge Cup 2014 winners.

So I would want to see this :

Japan, Saudi Arabia, China, Kuwaït
    Australia, UAE, Oman, Challenge Cup 2014 winners
    Uzbekistan, Korea Republic, Qatar, DPR Korea
    Iran, Jordan, Iraq, Bahrain

And you ?

2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I want to see rivals pitted together: Japan, Korea Repblic, China and DPR Korea in one group, and Iran, Jordan, Iraq, and Kuwait in another.

griffindinho_au and c shima repped this.
  3. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The best combo: Japan, UAE, Qatar (i want to crush them) and Challenge Cup 2014 winners.

Radu Razvan, c shima and Zandi360 repped this.
  4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Little note: when Panama and Cape Verde are higher in the FIFA rankings than any other AFC team, you need to figure out a new system. That's insane.

5. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Two Koreas, Japan and China. How epic would it be regardless of the squad, conditioning, forms and chemistry? :D

6. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The less West asian teams Japan have to face with the better. It's a football tournament, not a "human grass rolling" championship.

7. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Anyway, we should hope an entertaining tournament with good teams. Because, when I saw that Japan can play nice games against Netherlands and Belgium, AFC depresses me a bit. Sorry but it's true. I wish our opponents improve, even if it threats our chances to win the competition :D We need challenges. It's the best way to prepare JNT to face to strong europeans teams.

My prognosis ? A hierarchy can change overnight cuz everything in football goes very fast (we'll see clearer after WC) but today, Japan stays the favourite of the tournament (we are asian champions and we have the best results against big teams of the world). However it doesn't mean that Korea Republic, Iran, Australia or Uzbekistan can't beat us on one match. So be very careful...

Behind these good teams, I expect a renaissance of Saudi Arabia (they did a very good campaign of qualifiers) or a return of Iraq... And why not an awakening of China ? No, I'm just kidding of course :D

8. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Asian Cup is the special olympics of the continental football tournaments.

9. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I would think the OFC Nations Cup would get that honour mate :p

shinović89 and zdrstvte repped this.
  10. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the bottom end of CONCACAF is pretty bad too. amateur teams, non-FIFA members...

11. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Didn't know they had one. :confused:

12. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I honestly wouldn't mind as much if it was during the off-season. We've come to a point where half of our A-teams are European based. I'd rather they spend that time with their club and focus on form. The whole going MIA thing in January like the African players pisses me off.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    idk. Summer is ideal (aside from climate i.e. why they moved 2011 Qatar to winter) from a schedule pov, but at the same time it truncates the offseason. It's pretty bad if a lot of your players are in England with no winter break, but not as much of a problem for Bundesliga guys.

14. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Good point, in 2011 we had 0 players in Bundesliga. Not the case anymore, although half of our KPAs are in the Prem and Championship. I thought Australia would switch it back to the summer but I guess not.

15. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If someone won't be released (idk I'm thinking about Honda-Milan situation), it will be ok. There will be plenty of experiments to do. Plus, AFC2015 will be the test for the ones who will be succeding that god of soccer who is Yatto.

16. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

This was the final between Tahiti vs New Caledonia. :ROFLMAO:

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not sure it is possible to not release player for the Asian Cup, which is an official competition

18. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's why I made an hypothesis. Idk if there will be some troubles or not, but we will stand on our feet without a problem.

19. B_G_92

B_G_92 Member

Mar 10, 2014
    It would depend upon if you are talking about spectator sports versus sports being played. Spectator wise, football is by far the most popular sport in China followed by basketball. Participation wise, I would say it is either table tennis or badminton. Of course, football and basketball are popular to play also.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  20. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to release players for all continental competitions including qualifiers. It's a matter of whether the NT coach calls the player up or not.

21. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hmmmm. Personally, I'm not keen on seeing another flying Kung Fu kick into Yasuda.
    Granted he's no longer in the mix; so I guess it'd be Uchida or Nagatomo getting a broken collar bone and missing several months.
    I suppose if you don't have any investment in the well-being of the players it's entertaining in a Hockey-without-pads-or-protection sort of way.

Samurai Warrior and zdrstvte repped this.
  22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    You guys need to learn how to deal with the Foot-KungFu-ball. ;) This is how you deal with it, as demonstrated by one of my footballing heroes, Lee Eul-Yong:

Samurai Warrior and scotch17 repped this.
  23. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If that particular tournament demonstrated anything it's that North Korea should never be allowed to officiate another game involving... well... anyone come to think of it. I was going to say East Asian nations, but on reflection they'd probably do the same thing if it was US / England / Australia / etc.

24. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :eek::ROFLMAO: Asian football can't progress with this type of violence. Hope we'll not see any brutal team in Asian cup 2015.

25. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Of course we will. It's the Asian Cup.