Official Aris thread

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by Icarus_222, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching Marquez, Lundjburg, Henry, and Beckham it is plain to see that they are playing well and at a higher level than many (not all) but many of the guys around them. They have also been in good enough shape to keep up with the "high fitness high pressure and fast league".

Players with good technnical ability are not destroyed in MLS. They often are the game changers because they are operating on a higher level than everyone else and don't need to be fast or physical.

With Castillo fans did not get the feeling that he was in shape, skillful, smart, etc...at all.

Edit: It should also be noted that foreign coaches coming to watch MLS games have put in on par with Sweden for your reference. Take that how you will.

2. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah of course his performances in MLS drives down the price alot. I meant the opinion that Aris have of him is not based on the time in MLS. Of course he was very bad and that's something to take in consideration too. I think the hope is to bring him back to the player he was once.

When he was at his best we wouldn't have had any chance to sign him. Shaktar paid 16 million euros to buy, at that time he was one of the biggest talents in the world. One of the best if not the best player in Greece too.

Of course I completely agree with you. He showed some very bad behavior and he didn't have any motivation. He is a very weird person.

He also passed through alot, he first had a divorce divorce with his with his wife, they are back together now though. Maybe thats the reason he wants to go back to Greece also since she is Greek. And then both of his parents died in cancer. It's not something that is easy to handle.

3. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So what are the news saying? has Cuper said anything about this yet?

4. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't get me wrong. I hope you guys get him for a song and the investment pays off. It would be a great story. I'm also sympathetic to any and all personal issues he's had to battle over the years.

I'm simply saying, from a pure footballing business persepctive, that this doesn't make any sense to me unless you are paying very VERY little for him.

5. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is in Greece with his brother. Aris and Castillo agreed already but we have to agree with Shaktar and he has to agree with Chicago too.

I think Aris will try involve a buy out clause in the loan contract, a buy out clause that would be reasonable for Aris.

Some say they deal is very close to finish, maybe tonight or tomorrow.

6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Of course someone should be unsure about him since he has been bad last couple of years.

I think the price will be very low if someone compare to what his price was before. It won't be very low for Aris though.

Castillo was pure worldclass some years ago, he teared up any opponents defense at the highest level.

So if Aris manages to bring just a little bit of that old Castillo back we have a fantastic player that we got on bargain. It's not completely unlike to happen either because he is just 26 years old.

I think it's worth the risk.

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Like a poster pointed out in his thread in the mexico forum, he is selfish.... very self absorbed, all about him... but thats what the best goalscorers are about. If he is still like that though fat, thats a problem.

Hopefully though you guys can get him back to his old shape and he explodes for you guys annd brings you above the top greek leagues inside the league, and to the champions league! :p

8. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THIS is what I would be worried about.

I do not. However, without risk you cannot have reward.

9. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We just need to take the right precautions.

10. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The latest about Castillo is that he agreed with Chicago and now we just have to agree with Shaktar.

It doesn't look like Kalinski is coming. Quilmes threatened to take his agents to FIFA and they asked for a big amount of money. He was with his bags packed ready to leave but now it looks difficult. We might try to sign in him the summer though when his contract with Quilmes is over.

Now we have some new rumors, I almost lost the count of all these names.

The latest is Danilo Pereira from Parma. A 19 year old midfielder that will come if Kalinski doesn't. He is a huge talent, Parma signed him from Benfica last year but he was wanted by Juventus, Milan and many other big clubs. He is playing for the Portuguese U19 NT.

Then we have Mate Bilic. The Croatian NT striker playing for Sporting Gijon. He is a good player from what I've seen.

And we still have Edu and Papadopoulos in the mix.

The only thing we can do is to wait and see which players are going to be the chosen ones.

11. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cool, thanks for the update.

12. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    As always Shaktar have always asked way too much for him...(trying to gain some of the lost investment) but has anyone from the club stated how much they are willing to pay?

Or if Nery will pay out of his own pocket?

13. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah it's normal they gave like 20 million euros to sign him. 15 to Olympiakos and 5 to Selouk(his old agent).

I think Aris will try to pressure the price down on the buyout clause. Because if he plays well we have to be able to buy his rights. There won't be that much left of his contract when the loan is over anyway so I don't think Shaktar will ask for a huge amount. Aris is waiting for a paper from Chicago today, then the deal is done more or less. I hope Chicago don't play any games with us now.

Pereira is apparently one of the biggest talents of Portugal. He is a starter in the U19 NT. He will probably come on a 1,5 year loan too. Aris and Parma have good relations and if we are satisfied with Pereira and they with Calvo there might be a swap later on.

[​IMG] Pic from when he signed for Parma.

14. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So from what you are saying, Shaktar has agreed on the loan, since Aris is only wating on the fax from Chicago??

Apart from the loan deal, its obvious Aris wants a low price tag for a permanent move, but will that play a big part on whether the loan goes through or not?

15. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A reporter said that the only thing we need to finish the deal is a paper from Chicago and they will send it later today. I can't say if that's 100% truth though. I know it's really close though.

I don't think the price tag of the buyout clause will be something that cancels the deal.

16. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Im really curious to hear Cuper talk about this move...

17. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    According to some sites we are getting him on loan until the summer from Chicago. I don't understand how we can loan a player that is on loan already:confused:

Isn't he on loan at Chicago from Shaktar?

His brother said to gazzetta.gr: "There are some obstacles from Ukraine and the US. We are waiting for a paper from the MLS and that's the biggest obstacle right now. We might have some news soon and we might not. Nery want's to play for Aris very much, he is waiting impatiently. Aris is not pressuring us. I hope everything is solved soon."

18. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think they are allowed to as long as both clubs agree to the loan.

Chicago would have to lose the buyout clause of the loan contract, and hand it over to Aris.

If the loan is only until the end of the season i see no change in his play time or fitness, that will not fix the 3 years he has been shit for...

Oh well whatever happens i just hope Aris makes the right decision, I dont think the move is all that great for Aris since its only until the end of the season...

19. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago is too busy failing at the MLS Draft today. ;)

20. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope it's not for just 6 months, if he is in such a bad shape as you guys say it's not a very smart move. In that case he will need a month or 2 to get back in shape. If he comes for a year and half it's different. Then he can get in shape and get to know all his teammates during this season and then show what he really can next season.

It's a complicated transfer anyway, because there are three teams involved and Chicago is a MLS team with different regulations. When it get's official we will know how long the loan is and everything.

21. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It seems like it will be something like the Beckham, Donovan cases. He will come until the summer then return to Chicago and after some months go back to Aris.

22. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cuper commented this move today on the press conference. He said: "The door for this move hasn't opened yet. We will study the different options we have now. I'm gathering information on why he hasn't played much for his previous team and the teams that he was sent to on loan in Europe previously. We have to know how much he can help our team, regardless the fame he has in Greece."

23. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smart and responsible.

24. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This seems fkn retarded then...

Aris should not sign him

25. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah I think so too, smart thinking by Cuper.

Well I'm not very sure about this signing either. I think the deal is that Chicago wants him to come back. Then when he finished the season with them he can come to Aris again and then we will have the opportunity to buy him.

The things gets quite complicated with the differences of times between European and US seasons and also the regulations are different. So MLS have to agree on the whole deal too. I don't know exactly how everything works in MLS though since I don't follow it.