Official Aris thread

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by Icarus_222, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    1-0 to pao.

I think we did well though. With like 10 players not available we did well. We should have got at least one point. But the ref had a different opinion, Michel scored a totally clear goal but he disallowed because a panathinaikos player fell some metres away from him.

Classic stuff. The same thing always happens when we play against them.

Toja did a good game, he and Michel were the best. I'm really happy with Toja's performances. He is a really good player.

Javito screwed up all the chances as always. He almost scored a goal in the 90th minute though but their keeper did the save of his life.

Ruiz player alone up top and he did it ok. No big chances but he fought alot. He had a great pass to Neto that almost scored. The thing I like about Ruiz is that he always does everything on one touch. He doesn't make more touches than he has to. Both when he finishes chances and when he passes. Unlikne Javito that always makes 10 touches too much and then the chance is gone.

Prittas got injured so Cuper gave the chance to Katidis to get 45 minutes. 17 year old kid that plays for the U19 Greek National team. And he did great, he was very calm which I didn't expect a 17 year old kid to be playing for the first time against the champions. We will see more of him for sure. He is born 1993!!!

The team will do a good 2nd round I believe.

It's important Cesarec gets back until next weekend though. Otherwise I don't know who is going to play as a striker. Ruiz is leaving for a couple of weeks to play the UNCAF.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good to hear, sucks though about Javito.

3. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    After his comments after the game I don't want to see him wearing the ARIS shirt again.

He said "It's a great oppurtunity for me to go to a club like Olympiakos".

A ARIS player doesn't say that! Olympiakos is our rival! We finished ahead of them last year in the league. We are still playing in the Europa League, they didn't even pass the qualification round!

ARIS made him what he is today. He sucked a couple of years ago but we gave him 1000 of chances. Now he did some good games and he leaves like that. Without pressuring them to even give us a cent!

Anyway. Seriously I don't care that much. The offer that Aris made to him is too big for a player of his quality IMO. With that money we can find much better players. Edu, Grosicki or whoever. We will find much better players for sure.

It's just the way he leaves and the way he thinks of the team he played for the last 5 years. If he thinks olympiakos are so much better and we can't reach top spots he should leave, we don't want players that don't believe we reach the top.

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I'm glad Ruiz is playing better now. Hopefully he comes more motivated after UNCAF.

6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think he will be motivated, he just got the prize of the best Guate athlete of 2010. Not bad.

The contract of Alvaro Portilla got canceled, he didn't show anything in the time at Aris. Now we have a new Portilla anyway, Cristian Portilla:)

Kalinski is supposed to come tomorrow to Thessaloniki to sign. He is a personal choice of Cuper. From what I read he is a strong and fast defensive midfielder, one of his teammates at Quilmes said that he plays defense for 2 players and it's impossible to dribble him.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting..... good to hear on cristian portilla.

And Enzo Kalinski? You guys sign that guy?

8. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah Enzo Kalinski will come tomorrow and sign. So it will probably be official tomorrow or wednesday.

Have you seen him play?

Latest rumor is about Nery Castillo coming.

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Castillo to Aris??? Hmmm.... that would be awesome! He's fat though and out of shape. At least 15 lbs off what he was when he was fit.

No, I havent seen him. I was going to see if I could but since he is signing I guess not. :p

Nery Castillo might be a long shot too... his wages are pretty damn expensive. I think something close to 2-3 million USD yearly.... He is in chicago fire where he is a 'DP' which is unlimited salary for said player, as it comes out of the owners pocket and not the league.

10. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It would be funny though if Javito went to Olympiakos and then we sign their sweetheart Castillo :D

But I don't know how good idea it would be if he is fat :p

How has he been in MLS?

In Greece he was amazing, he is a amazing player and he has been rumored to Greece before. I actually saw him in a nightclub once with some other players in Thessaloniki, a couple of years ago. So I don't know if we want to sign a player with a very unstable personality that also parties alot, now when we got rid of those kind of players.

If we could keep him motivated it would be a fantastic signing though.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, I am not sure. The last time he played was october, but he still was out of shape. Just loooked like a normal guy lol. Sort of doughy in the stomach. I'd hope he has gotten more fit, but MLS is a league that has no imagination, and is super fast and no time on the ball.

In Greece he may look better then in MLS, because its all about fitness FIRST in MLS. Thats why he may have looked so bad.

As far as partying... yea but when you play like him, like how he played int he copa america 2007.... amazing!

And yea He is Olympiakos' sweet heart lol. That would be funny if Javito went over there and he came to Thessaloniki...

12. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He scored many amazing goals. Against Brazil for examp

The Greek Federation was stupid not to call him to the NT. He wanted to play for Greece cause he grew up there and he feels Greek. He speaks Greek fluently. But our federation is stupid, same thing in Basketball. Stojakovic was going to play for Greece, he even changed his name to a Greek name but they never called him :S

Well latest rumor is that Castillo is very close to sign! :D

I wonder how that will feel for that dirty olympiakos team. The attack comes from where they least expect it :D

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    INNNNNNTERESTING.... I hope you guys get him! He would do some SERIOUS damage up front if he is back in good health. That kind of sucks for Ruiz though, might cut his minutes down... but good for Aris!

Edit: Also my guess is that Nery probably signed with you guys only paying a portion. Chicago Fire were NOT happy with him with what little he could do. He couldnt even go a full 90 minutes cause of how out of shape he was.

I hope he is in better shape, and chicago are probably happy he is leaving. It was a bad fit for him too if true. Chicago played ugly, no chemistry or 'pretty' soccer from that team.

14. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think he will play mostly on the left at Calvos position. He played on the left alot in olympiakos too. Of course he can play up front too. But for the striker position we will probably get Edu and maybe one more player.

There will certainly be more competition for Ruiz. I see it as something good, if we get those players not even Koke will be sure to keep his spot in the starting eleven. Everyone will have to fight for their spot.

EDIT: Ruiz needs better passes as well. Castillo certainly knows how to pass the ball and Cesnauskis too if he starts playing on the right. Ruiz should be happy, he will score many goals now :)

EDIT AGAIN: I just read that many tragic things happened to him during 2 years. Except all the problems he had at Shaktar, he had a divorce with his wife and he lost both his parents in cancer. Quite logical that his career took the downhill. Hopefully it goes up to his maximum again with us.

15. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Atletico Madrid interested in Ricardo Faty. They were impressed with his appearances against them. Good that he has a contract until 2013, so they would have to make a good bid to get him.

I think many teams will show interest in our players now that we are doing a good season in Europa League.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bingo. Great to hear. Time to milk in the transfer fees. Faty is very impressive.

And yea, sucks about castillo I rememeber hearing about that. I think he is back with his wife though, and they had a kid recently.

17. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah he is back with his wife.

I just hope we can hurry up a bit with the signings so that they can get into the team. Cause it will take some time until they learn the tactics and the other players as well.

Everything should be signed this week.

18. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    As much as i like Aris...and well would like for a Mexican on the team...he is someone that lacks any sort of professionalism...he doesnt deserve the chances he gets...but hey, if Aris do sign him i hope the team does well with him.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Like I said in the Nery thread, I think Cuper willl be able to whip him back in shape, if anyone can... he could do it.

A nery back in his old form is dynamite in greece. On a style of play that Aris plays too.... perfect fit IMO.

I just hope he is in better shape then he was when he arrived to Chicago.

20. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah he was at least like 15 pounds overweight

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, he looked pudgy, like just a normal guy pudgy lol.

22. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    If we were to pick a Mexican player, i would go for Gio Dos Santos.

23. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nery is in Greece now with his brother that is also his agent.

He said that Aris would be a great opportunity for him because he likes the atmosphere that the fans does and he would like to work with Cuper.

Reports say that it will be 1,5 year loan deal with a option to buy. We have a agreement with Nery but not with Shaktar yet.

Seems to be some problems with the transfer or Kalinski now, Quilmes don't want to let him go suddenly. But I think we already have agreement. We will see what happens this week.

We won the law battle against Adu btw. Greek federation gave Aris the right to brake his contract because of his unprofessional behavior when he went to Randers without permission.

24. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    im sure the money would be an issue...

Spurs only want to selll...not loan

25. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @ags09

I agree, he showed unproffesional behavior and bad attitude in the past. So I'm a bit worried about that too.

But I have hope that he will do well, he is older now and more mature. He would be really stupid if he blew this chance.

@lguti9

We were actually one step from signing Gio dos Santos in the past. When he was at Barca. He was supposed to come on loan. His father Zizinho came to Thessaloniki and checked out the training facilities and he was impressed. We had Mazinho as a sports director then and they are good friends. But in the end Barca decided to keep him and it was that season that he played many games for Barca and did it well.