Official Aris thread 2011

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by nick_3f, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah he coached the team for the last 5 games last season.

2. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmmm.... hope you guys can turn it around. Sad to hear about Tsiolis, he had a good record before he came and hope. Oh well.

ANy news on Nacho?

4. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah Tsiolis had a good record, but it was only for small clubs. I don't think he is a bad coach though, he is a good coach but he couldn't handle the pressure to be a coach of ARIS.

Nacho is in the final stage of his rehab, should be back in full training soon.

Probierz sat on the bench today already against olympiakos. He wasn't supposed to do it since he just coach the team one time, but he was brave and really wanted to do it. I like that he is very confident and also very strict. He doesn't accept halfass performances.

Game ended 2-3 though. But mostly it was a game against sidiropoulos the ref that played the exact same game last year which also was a scandal. He is from Rhodos which is a quite small place so it's hard to go unnoticed there so everyone knows that he is a olympiakos supporter. He was even laughing when they scored today and when we scored he hardly wanted to raise his hand to the center of the field.

Again we let in goals from set pieces, all three goals of olympiakos came from set pieces. Which is totally crazy since we have so strong and tall players.

First half we didn't play that well. We started with a interesting lineup. Kaznaferis at right since Neto is injured. Vranjes at CM with Faty. 18-year old Gianniotas made his debut and played at RM. Castillo with Soltani up top.

Gianniotas showed some good qualities, very unafraid player that likes to go 1-on-1. Castillo was crap again, just one time he managed to dribble a couple of players and then they took him down and he won a yellow card, he didn't do that much more than that.

Toja entered at half time and did one of his best performances with ARIS IMO. Great job by Toja, he was able to hold the ball, did some nice dribbles. Great game by him. He also managed to score his first official goal for ARIS.

Faty did well as normally and he scored the 2nd goal.

Umbides is pure quality, too bad he was at the left for most of the game. He disappears there. When he switched to the right side we started creating chances. Every set piece that he takes is dangerous. We have great players in the air and he knows how to find them, hard curled crosses that someone only needs to meet with the head and the ball finds net. Strange that we are so bad defensively on set pieces though.

Acosta also did very well when he entered. The only real left midfielder we have IMO.

I'm positive about the upcoming games. The team showed passion today for the first time this season. I think next game is in 2 weeks so there is time for Probierz to work on some stuff.

5. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is the political situation there impacting the team and the league? I read about the infamous "banner time out" in Athens. Anything in the north?

6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would say it is impacting the team and the whole league very much. All teams except maybe Olympiakos made quite big budget cuts this season. Because they have a rich owner that didn't get very affected by the crisis.

It is harder to find sponsors, I think the TV money is less too, less season tickets sales etc.

In many games and stadiums are the country there banners with political messages. There is like rule against those so the referees stop the game when they see any of those banners. But it's ridiculous because the situation in the country is difficult and people must be able to express themselves and protest.

I don't know if the rule is just for political banners in general of when there is cursing on them. Because our game against Olympiakos stopped 3 times last week, and from what I know there were just clean political.

It's just so damn stupid. Same with the referees, they stop the game if the fans chant against them. It's like a dictatorial country, they basically say "we are going to screw you over in all kind of ways and you can't complain about it, because if you do we will hand you a huge fine and screw you over even more!"

I believe we did a great thing in our home game against Atletico de Madrid last season. A game that was aired on TV all over the world. We put up a banner all over the gate that is on the opposite side of the main camera that said "Who can manage to salvage Greek football?" or something like that. Before that UEFA didn't give a shit about the situation of the corrupt Greek football.

The situation is the same all over the country, not just in Athens. Of course the huge demonstrations and stuff happen there since half of the population of the country lives there and the political power is there. Things happen in Thessaloniki too though.

7. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucks. And I suppose it's going to get worse before it gets better.

8. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Finally a win today, and it was a difficult one too.

Away against OFI. A team that so far tied against Olympiakos and paok away and won against aek with 3-1 at home.

Gianniotas scored our goal. His first professional goal in his 2nd pro game. He is just a 18-year old. Very brave by our coach Probierz to let him play directly in so difficult games.

The ref was horrible too but we were able to win against him too!

The goal: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE2QH_51uPc&feature=channel_video_title"]??? - ???? 0-1 (31' ??????????) 10? ?????????? 20-11-2011 - YouTube[/ame]

9. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  10. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was better than the previous games. Ran a lot and created some dangerous chances. Almost scored a beautiful goal too, he dribbled 2 or 3 players but the finish was weak.

Vranjes took his place in the 76th minute.

I hope this can be a fresh start for both ARIS and Nery. Probierz is a very strict coach and he said from the beginning that the one that doesn't give 100% during all 90 mins will have a problem with him. It was pretty clear that everyone on the team gave it all today.

I also think that Nery will play better now that we have more players involved in the offense, so he doesn't need to do it all. Specially not go back all the way to our own half to get the ball. Plus that his place in the starting lineup is not that sure anymore, he will have to play well to keep it now. That kid Gianniotas is a great talent.

11. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gianniotas MVP of last match day in the Greek Super League. Really impressive for kid that played only his 2nd professional game. There was also a derby between Panathinaikos and Olympiakos but no one was was close to get as many votes as he did.

Looks good for the future.

[​IMG]

He dedicated the price to Gioris who is in charge of the youth teams of the club and is currently having some health problems.

[​IMG]

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thats great! Sounds very promising.

13. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Big win today against league leaders Panathinaikos. 3-1 and it could been more.

Amazing performance, things have changed with the new coach.

Best performance this season without doubt.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNooIaJB1q8"]12? ??. ???? - ???????????? 3-1 - YouTube[/ame]

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow! Good game! Great pic up with that Nigerian forward is it??

Great stuff! On another note how's nacho Garcia doing? Is he gone this transfer window?

15. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I guess you are talking about the our 2nd goal. It was actually Francis Dickoh, he is a CB from Ghana. But he surely looked like a forward the way he controlled the ball and then finished it off perfectly. He is pretty skillful for a CB. So is Sankare, the other CB.

Nacho Garcia is still recovering from that injury. Actually he was almost back from it but got hurt again. No idea how though since he wasn't even training yet. Unfortunately Nacho gets injured just getting out of his bed in the morning. Really unbelievable how often he is injured and how long it always takes for him to get back.

I guess he will get sold or loaned out in January. We already have to many central midfielders. But you never know, if he gets back and does well he might get to stay. It's quite sure that the club will off load some players in January though, Nacho is probably one of them. The squad is just too big at the moment.

Faty and Toja did one of their best games in ARIS today. Both were amazing. Many French clubs have been scouting Faty lately but they also got impressed with Toja and Gianniotas.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea. Sick highlights. Aris are a fun team to watch.

Hahahaha on nacho garcia. He really is so injury prone. Oh well, I am glad he has recieved a fair chance though. Aris is a great club!

17. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We advanced to the next round of the Greek cup.

1-2 win away against Panthrakikos.

Next round is against Atromitos in a away knockout game again.

Soltani first goal: http://goal4replay.net/VideoWatchF.asp?ID=62033&Ln=En

Michel 2nd goal: http://goal4replay.net/VideoWatchF.asp?ID=62034&Ln=En

Today Castillo will have a meeting with the board about his situation in the club. The club is not very fond of keeping him but he wants to stay. Let's see how that will work out.

Also good news that the squad is slowly becoming smaller by letting some of the not so good players leave. Like Iacob and Kouloucheris.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good. I don't think Iacob fit Aris' style.

19. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so what was the decision on nery, imperador?

20. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well not that much. They were supposed to have a meeting about it, but instead they just had a small meeting over the phone.

He is back in training but he is practicing with the 2nd group and not with the regular squad. By the 2nd group I mean the players that are either recovering from injuries or are not in the coaches plans.

Probierz said that it Nery's situation is up to the board to handle now.

Nery says he wants to stay and wants one more chance. The club wants to make the best out of the situation, either giving him one more chance to show that the money they spent on him was not a total waste or breaking the contract. The problem is that his contract is for 2 for years and it's really big so it's very difficult to break it.

21. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    maybe hes humbled and improves. maybe he needs more humility and same ole attitude reoccurs after a while

22. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Loss against Kerkyra today. First time in the history of the club that we lose against them!

This team is a total disgrace! Can't believe these players are wearing the shirt of ARIS!

Same thing over and over again. We win a game (this time against Doxa last week by 2-0) and then we go back to these shitty performances!

Our goal was to finish top 3 before the season and now we are fighting in the bottom half of the table!

Mistakes over and over again by the board, by the coach, by the players!!! Everyone! I don't know what the hell they are doing.

I seriously don't even want to know what's gonna happen if they don't win next game against PAS.

This site says something about Arturo Álvarez signing for us. I guess you guys know him better since he has been playing in the MLS for his whole career.

Is he any good? What kind of player is he?

http://www.culebritamacheteada.com....arez-ficharia-por-el-aris-salonica-de-grecia/

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He's a STRONG dribbler with his left foot. But he has had issues with inconsistency.

One hell of a hard shot though on his left foot....

I think he can be something for you guys though. If you can get him for cheap... he can be a bargain.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl0-zMA3WBw"]Arturo Alvarez Highlight Video : PEP 24/7 - YouTube[/ame]

24. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks for the input fuego!

Let's see if we will go for him or not. Looks like a player with qualities we need though.

Probierz is on his way out of the club!!! A short stint for the Polish coach.

Seriously the directors and everyone in charge have to bring this club back on track. This season has just been chaotic so far.

No more experiments with young upcoming coaches, they can't handle the pressure to lead a club like ARIS. They might be good for small teams but not for us.

I really hope we bring someone like Cuper, a experienced coach that can take control of the team and lead it out of this bad situation that we are in. I would prefer a latino coach too, it fits us better.