Official 2014 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I'd prefer Australia over Korea. Koreans don't deserve shit with their lack of interest in football.

2. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not to Brazil, which is hosting FIFA Confederations Cup, World Cup and Olympics. I think Japan can make it.
    The problem is that only 20 years apart from the 1st edition hosted are too few.
    Probably Australia would be the best choice.

3. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Korea has Pyeongchang in 2018 :p

Would love to see it in the US but Australia would be the logical compromise pick: non-corrupt, cool climate, and they haven't hosted it before.

On the other hand, FIFA and the IOC need to quit this addiction to emerging countries. They're either A) incapable or incompetent or B) hopelessly corrupt/abusive. Ideally sports should be separated from politics but many of these countries should not be allowed to glorify themselves through tournaments. Honestly, if Russia keeps up this bullshit with Ukraine they should be stripped of the World Cup. Qatar as well hopefully.

scotch17 repped this.
  4. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Koreans are interested in football but mainly in the national team. I think they like their national team more than Japan like their national team. But Japanese also watches league matches while Koreans normally don't care.

nipponbasse83 and Saku² repped this.
  5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    The depth of this analysis blew me away, welcome back Gordon.

6. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Are you being sarcastic or what? I am just pointing out what seems to be the truth.

Saku² repped this.
  7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I am not. You pointed the truth and you gained a like in the process.

artml, OneiroPhobia and Radu Razvan repped this.
  8. poponponpon

poponponpon Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    like the us and england got kicked out of the world cup in 2006 for invading iraq illegally? the iraq invasion upset the world far more and was far more violent than crimean incursion.

scotch17 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    It's Winter Olympics. Less prestigious and far less interest in it as well compared to the Olympics. Even it out with Korea getting the World Cup. :D

But the world would miss out on the plastic fangirls screaming if it's not held in Korea.

It would be the fairest option possible. They've never hosted World Cup before, and they already have World Cup worthy stadiums all across the country (though they are not used for football).

10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Most plastic national team fans are not interested in football. They support Korea national team of any sports fiercely.

scotch17 and Radu Razvan repped this.
  11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    What's a plastic fan? O.°

12. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    O.° what means this sign, teioh?

13. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    all the ppl who are obsessed with the team during WC season but don't give a fck about anything in between or the domestic league. Hence, all our shrieking fangirls

Chingoo and zdrstvte repped this.
  14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    It's an enhanced version of this:

o_O

A face with an interrogative look emphasized by the wide open left eye and the small right eye.

15. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    man this discussion went off the road quickly enough

ChaDuRi671 and Whispered11 repped this.
  16. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So what? Brazil is hosting the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Summer Olympics and they have far bigger problems than Japan does. Rugby is hardly significant so it's just like any other local sports event in Japan. So hosting the 2020 Olympics gives Japan prepared for the 2022 World Cup if they so choosed. The stadiums and transportation are there, support are there.

Whatever the case, Qatar really should not host the 2022 WC, it was a stupid and corrupted mistake to host it there.

17. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not sure why 2002 would disqualify Japan and not Korea either ?
    That said, doubt either of them get it in the near future again. Maybe 203x timeframe?
    Qatar is a horrible location due to the way their NT has cheated ... but I can see the reasoning that there should be a presence in Middle East.

18. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And think about this. If Japan gets WC2022, Nippon Daihyo is already qualified to Confederations Cup. I dream.

19. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  20. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I would prefer to qualified by winning the 2015 Asian Cup :rolleyes:

21. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Stop Shakira, please.

Anyway, no Donovan at this WC.

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom-san weighs in:

teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  23. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What a shtty video

24. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    A silly move in my opinion. Donovan has 1) a fantastic record with the national team, including a strong performance at the most recent Gold Cup 2) positional versatility 3) intangibles. Some players inspire stability simply by being there and Donovan's one of those types.

He should be there instead of Julian Green who's only 18, hasn't played a single Bundesliga match and has only played one match with the USMNT. I think he's being brought for the same reason Theo Walcott was brought in 2006, which is just stupid.

And count me opposed to the influx of these foreigners who are American by technicality. Fabian Johnson's really a German and Aron Johannson's really Icelandic. A lot of these guys had little to do with the US before these callups; I feel like you should have a strong bond to the country you represent on the pitch.

Samurai Warrior, soccerboy37 and teioh repped this.