Official 2014 USA Mens Post-Draft Team Lineups Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Mr Martin, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. Maybe bmo thinks Green's performance in 2014 will be overvalued by this group and he'll trade his top draft pick to Eleven Bravo in exchange for far too much.

;)

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See green should be on my roster as I drafted him with intent of wait for this moment even if it cost me a spot if he didn't switch

3. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd trade anyone on my roster except Tim Howard and Landon Donovan for Green.

4. joe cleats

joe cleats Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I should have Green, as Cherundolo retired the day after Green's announcement of committing to the US. They both play in Germany, in the Bundesliga, and I think that right there is enough logic to persuade the community of giving me Green.

If it doesn't, I'd be willing to provide an extremely generous financial gift to any poster, provided they give me their bank account number and social security number.

Thank you.

bmo180 repped this.
  5. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, are you a Nigerian prince by any chance? Cause if so, I'm down. Where do I send my info?

6. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what you're saying is that practically your whole team is worse than some kid that plays in the German 4th division?

;)

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean I actually drafted him

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea in a nut shell

9. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    Have you ever seen him play?

deuteronomy repped this.
  10. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. I might pull an auto penalti and go for potential

11. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Balerion @Eleven Bravo @deuteronomy @AutoPenalti @bmo180 @soccersubjectively @StormingYank @Right Foot Planted @Sebsasour @MPNumber9 @Mr Martin @truefan420 @joe cleats @SPA2TACU5

Quarter finals are done and the semi finals are set.

D1 Mr Martin and deuteronomy -- Deportivo Vejete vs. B1 Eleven Bravo

and

C1 soccersubjectively (Real Soccer FC) vs. A1 Balerion (Team Balerion)

If anyone needs to make any changes to their line up, let me know. I'll probably post the semi final threads either tonight or tomorrow.

12. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Line-up change:

------------------Boyd------------
    Alexander----Donovan-----Zizzo
    -------JF Torres------Morales-----
    Sinovic-----------------------Spector
    ---------Onyewu-------Opara-----
    ------------------Howard----------

Subs: Bendik, Zimmerman, Barson, Barklage, Delgado, Ariyibi, Kiesewetter

Injured: Holden

Notes: Not too pleased with my bench. Holden is out. Zimmerman has a knock. Barson and Barklage were two projected starters but have been knocked to the bench in the early going of the season. Delgado is still a youth stud but isn't working in as a regular starter yet. Ariyibi has been relegated to the bench with the new manager.... Hopefully that'll change considering the rave reviews from Leeds fans. At least, Sapong is a very solid bench option even if Zizzo has replaced him on my XI through his solid play this year... Sapong will be the first sub. And Kiesewetter appears to at least be doing well as he continues to score at the reserve level for Hertha Berlin.

That said, I still believe that I have easily the best XI. All of my starting XI are contenders to earn a spot for a cap in 2014 or a January call up in 2015. More, I have the most star power and difference makers. I have plenty of experienced and primed age players. More, my roster is balanced across the board. Finally, what initially appeared to possibly turn out to be a potentially shaky back line, may actually be the best defensive line in the draft. Combine that with the fact that my offense was already very deadly, and it's a no brainer that I have the best XI.

In short, I believe firmly that while my depth did not turn out to be the greatest... my XI was spot on and they are the team to beat in the draft.

Harper916 repped this.
  13. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Balerion @ElevenBravo @deuteronomy @AutoPenalti @bmo180@soccersubjectively @StormingYank @Right Foot Planted @Sebsasour@MPNumber9 @Mr Martin @truefan420 @joe cleats @SPA2TACU5

I've got the semi final match threads posted. Remember to please try and refrain from voting in your own semi final thread no matter how good you think your team is. :)

Here are the links to each thread:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/official-usa-mens-draft-semi-final-d1-vs-b1.2002372/

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/official-usa-mens-draft-semi-final-c1-vs-a1.2002373/

If you need to post any line up changes, please do so.

Hararea and Mr Martin repped this.
  14. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #64 Harper916, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    @Balerion @Eleven Bravo @deuteronomy @AutoPenalti @bmo180 @soccersubjectively @StormingYank @Right Foot Planted @Sebsasour @MPNumber9 @Mr Martin @truefan420 @joe cleats @SPA2TACU5

Semi finals are done and the final is set.

First place match:

D1 Mr Martin and deuteronomy -- Deportivo Vejete vs. A1 Balerion (Team Balerion)

Third place match:

C1 soccersubjectively (Real Soccer FC) vs. B1 Eleven Bravo

Not sure if you guys want a third place match thread but I'm posting one. Mainly because I want to see Eleven Bravo argue about how amazing his team is and what a travesty it is that he's not in the final;).

If anyone needs to make any changes to their line up, let me know. I'll probably post both threads either tonight or tomorrow.

15. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Balerion @ElevenBravo @deuteronomy @AutoPenalti @bmo180@soccersubjectively @StormingYank @Right Foot Planted @Sebsasour@MPNumber9 @Mr Martin @truefan420 @joe cleats @SPA2TACU5

I've got the final and third place match threads posted. Remember to please try and refrain from voting in your own thread no matter how good you think your team is. :)

Here are the links to each thread:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/official-usa-mens-draft-final-d1-vs-a1.2002737/

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/official-usa-mens-draft-third-place-b1-vs-c1.2002738/

If you need to post any line up changes, please do so.

deuteronomy and Mr Martin repped this.
  16. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ohh!!! there will be some smack talk! you know I want to keep things interesting!!!! :)

And it's alright... I understand that people had to vote against my team because they were scared of their legendary awesomeness and felt that my squad needed to be humbled in the early votes so it doesn't embarrass the other teams for the other drafts ;)

*I really do hope y'all all know that it's all in good fun spirit and not some actual crazed banter... some times it can be hard to tell the difference over the internet.

Mr Martin and deuteronomy repped this.
  17. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    a few games in to MLS season, that starting LM spot would go to Shipp. Hes off to a good start and Velasquez still out. Zardes was benched last game, and Cascio started but got injured in the 1st game

Gaddis is off to a good start at RB, just read that he'll still be starting even with Sheanon back healthy

Casey is healthy, Creavalle and Sandoval are back, Chandler and Cascio should be back soon

18. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any ideas for people's finder keepers?

Deportivo looks to have the best bets as he got lucky with a lot of late picks... Namely, Remick, j. Williams, brovsky, and McNamara. All of which could prove useful. It'll be interesting to see who is pick to keep will be.

Right now, I'm looking at keeping either Opara or Zizzo, but of course that could change... If one of my other guys break out.

19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um not down with the finders keeper rule. There should be a vote.

20. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be a stick in the mud :)

One pick isn't going to make that much of a difference other than adding a talking point

21. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just don't like the idea and would rather not do it. If the rest like it and want to then fine but a vote should take place.

22. ppn512

ppn512 New Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  23. joe cleats

joe cleats Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't particularly agree with the author's comments on the midfield. He states that there are three spots for four players: FJ, Donovan, Bedoya, and Davis and states that Davis and FJ are the leaders in that group. Davis is good, don't get me wrong, but I think he's a step (at least) behind the other three.

24. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
  25. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    Cascio out for the season.