Official 2014 USA Mens Post-Draft Team Lineups Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Mr Martin, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, in the case of any ties, I'll ask @MLSNHTOWN and @Hararea to help me break the tie.

If that's cool with them.

2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I'm sorry for not sending in my 1-11 rankings. Things got really hectic for me out of no where.

3. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we need to repost the group threads but without a poll and instructions to rank teams in first, second and third

4. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Balerion @Eleven Bravo @deuteronomy @AutoPenalti @bmo180 @soccersubjectively @StormingYank @Right Foot Planted @Sebsasour @MPNumber9 @Mr Martin @truefan420 @joe cleats @SPA2TACU5

I just finally got enough time to post, so I'll respond to some of the questions and other things being discussed in the group threads.

Yeah, I wanted to do the polling system because I'm not sure having everyone just list 1st, 2nd and 3rd is the best way to go. Maybe I'm wrong but most people have a hard time following directions, so the poll is just a little easier. I also felt like participation in the poll would be better than requesting people reply with the list of teams. I could be wrong though.

It's also easier for the person putting it all together, as going through each thread and counting up votes and adding all the points can be a little time consuming and a bit of a pain in the ass. I probably wouldn't have time to do it but if someone else would want to in the future, go for it.

And as far as any ties go, I knew there would be potential for that, so that's why I posted this earlier:
    I do like this idea from @SPA2TACU5:

I liked the reply that @Mr Martin had and I'll give my opinion. Serious injuries that have potential to keep someone out for an extended period of time should matter. Minor things that keep someone out for a weeks or so probably shouldn't.

Good question from @joe cleats and response from @truefan420. Once the poll ends, I'll post in here the match ups for the quarter finals and give everyone 24-48 hours to send me a new line-up.

Honestly, I think keeping it how it is and improving on it for the mid year vote would be fine, but if everyone really wants to re post it all, start over, and keep track of all the votes, I won't stop you.

I will say that even though it's not perfect, so far I've enjoyed this much better than the past when it was just one voting thread.

deuteronomy, Mr Martin and bmo180 repped this.
  5. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the voting finishes, I'll start up the FM tournament.

soccersubjectively and Harper916 repped this.
  6. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice post by @Harper916.

I don't like the idea of re-doing the whole group phase. A couple of the votes are very close at the moment, but I think that by March 15 that will resolve itself. And I like using the past draft veterans as neutral observers for a tie-breaker if needed.

But that alternative polling system @SPA2TACU5 suggested is how I'd like to see the July group phase handled.

7. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I don't think it's worth putting too much effort in reorganizing the initial vote, which IMO is the least important. It's much more interesting to see how teams stack up six months and 12 months down the road.

8. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Holden's out. Tough break for the kid.

Apparently, I can relate. Tried to scrimmage with the Varsity boys today and blew out my knee again. Sucks to get old. Never go to Iraq... your body will never be the same..

soccersubjectively repped this.
  9. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    Well that didn't take long..

11. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Draft picks aside, I really hate it for the guy. It's rare to find a player with so much skill and equally as much hunger. I knew it was a risk, but when you want to root for someone so much... I guess you're willing to take the risk.

Honestly, and only Stu can make this decision, but it may be best that he retires before he can't walk anymore. His body is just not going to cut it anymore at this level.

12. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of years ago I was hoping for a Holden+Bradley CM pairing on the US Nats. The skill, smarts, mobility, and hunger combo seemed fantastic to me. Just doesn't seem likely anymore.

Holden and O'brien. Injuries stink...

truefan420 repped this.
  13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I understand that and I'm completely fine with that but really think we need to revise how we approach it for the next round of voting. Good thing is that we have time.

Also if we can tag all the people that competed in the opening post for each voting thread I'd like that. I didn't see most of them till later in the process and I sure everyone wants to get as many votes as possible. Whether for their team or not. More votes makes it better.

14. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Balerion @ElevenBravo @deuteronomy @AutoPenalti @bmo180@soccersubjectively @StormingYank @Right Foot Planted @Sebsasour@MPNumber9 @Mr Martin @truefan420 @joe cleats @SPA2TACU5

Vote's over and here are the quarter final match ups:

A1 Balerion (Team Balerion) vs. D2 MPNumber9

D1 Mr Martin and deuteronomy -- Deportivo Vejete vs. A2 SPA2TACU5 + Right Foot Planted (Team Beast Boyd United FC)

C1 soccersubjectively (Real Soccer FC) vs. B2 bmo180

B1 Eleven Bravo vs. C2 joe cleats

If any team needs to, send me a new starting 11 and I'll post it in the quarter final threads. I'll probably post those on Sunday.

Mr Martin and deuteronomy repped this.
  15. joe cleats

joe cleats Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Harper916

[​IMG]
    Draw your soccer tactics with this11.com

Subs: Pickens, Boswell, E. Miller, Cherundolo, Tierney, JJ Koval, Stephens, Rogers, Mullins

This is my new formation for the quarterfinals, which I think provides me with a far more balanced team. My fullbacks are running all day up and down the line, and Ashe and FJ are more than capable of doing that. My midfield is compact and with players like O'Brien, Feilhaber, and Arnaud, we can control the flow of the game as well as putting the ball into good attacking positions. Kitchen provides the bite in midfield before opposing teams reach a strong and experienced duo of Berry and Moor. Rimando is proving again to be a beast and difficult to beat and he will quite easily stuff ALL and EVERY opposing team. Wondolowski is in form already and with Bunbury up with him, he will have plenty of space to operate as Bunbury will stretch defenses. Ashe, FJ, Feilhaber, and Arnaud will be feeding those two all day with crosses and through balls.

My bench remains experienced and young at the same time. I have some long time veterans in Pickens, Boswell, Tierney, Stephens, and Rogers. All can play integral parts in this lineup. Miller has already started two games with Montreal and gaining experience. Mullins and Koval have also been given minutes so far this season. Cherundolo may not get over his injury bug but provides veteran leadership in the locker room. However, this drafter argues that Cherundolo's injury should be deemed minor and that I should be able to utilize Cherundolo's 2010 form for the purposes of this draft :whistling:;)

16. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harper racking up the rep.

Harper916 repped this.
  17. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure his wife will appreciate this . .

[​IMG]

Mr Martin and Harper916 repped this.
  18. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, yeah for some reason she doesn't appreciate the rep I receive.

19. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'm sure everyone now knows who bmo180 is going to pick in the summer. His team will instantly become one of the better teams for sure.

20. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    Isnt Green playing in German 4th division or something though? Not sure he will be useful in this if he doesnt get pro minutes, cant really judge him

21. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No point in bluffing...

Julian Green is a first/second round pick. You would be foolish to pass

22. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We really have no idea who Julian Green is yet . .

that is all . . .

(and yes, I would still pick him :D :whistling: )

23. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he doesn't pick him, I will vote for auto penalti over him out of spite. Lol