Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Since I discovered Marozsan at the U20 WC, I kept saying that she will be soon the best player in the world. I maintain this idea. I'm happy to see that Nao and Asuna admire her too.

blesstherebel, blissett and Moukoko repped this.
  2. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  3. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    9:30-
    Tokiwagi Gakuen vs Honjo Daiichi
    Miyazaki Nichidai vs Naruto Uzushio
    Fujieda Junshin vs Sanyo Jogakuen
    Tsuda vs Fukui Kodai
    Hokkaido Bunkyo vs Nihon Aviation
    St. Capitanio vs Disho Gakuen

11:45-
    Yanagigaura vs Tohoku
    Okayama Sakuyo vs Jumonji
    Hinomoto Gakuen vs Sugiyama Jogakuen
    Seiryo vs Asuka
    Hiroshima Bunkyo vs Kaishi Gakuen
    Matsuyama Shinonome vs Shutoku

14;00-
    Osaka Toin vs Shonan Gakuin
    Chinzei Gakuin vs Seiwa Gakuen
    Tokoha Gakuen vs Otani Muroran
    Sendai Ikuei vs Kamimura Gakuen

Virany, blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hi guys. Excited too for the All Japan High School Women's Football Championship starting tomorrow. :giggle:

Meanwhile, I'd like to quote for you a discussion that's happening right now on the French Division 1 thread:

So apparently Ami Otaki is back in France for the winter break (many Nadeshiko players visiting Europe these days! It's just so sad that they are anywhere but in Italy... :() and gave her contribution to manhandling by 31-0 a poor innocent US university team...

Who knows if she is going to get back at Urawa Reds Ladies for 2014 Nadeshiko League or if there is any chance that she gets back to OL, or anyway in France?

unepomme repped this.
  5. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    For those of you mildly interested in vaguely relevant news, Tiffany McCarty was taken by the Dash in the expansion draft... so she is off to Houston and my word, some people are already talking shit! Even after the ONE mention of her Niigata exploits. Sigh...

unepomme repped this.
  6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    What do you mean ? What is it said and where ?

7. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Nothing too huge really, I'm also just dramatic. Still, I've seen comments here and there on Tumblr and on some articles talking about the draft, with the vibe of part of the response window being "Oh come on" and "Sigh, we could have got so and so instead" at word of her selection. That sort of thing bothers me, because now those people won't give her a chance based purely on her past mistakes, like she can't ever grow from them. Well, just like in Niigata, I hope she shuts them up with all of the rapid sting of a slap in the jaw.

Moukoko, Virany, KAPIJXM and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    The dogs bark, the caravan Tiffany will go by.... ;)

blesstherebel repped this.
  9. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    I know she didn't exactly set the league on fire (except for a few impressive goals earlier in the season) but she is still one of my favorite Nadeshiko. TabascoT, I was curious, I know Texas is a big state but are you close enough to Houston to catch an occasional Dash game? If so, you'll have to keep us up-to-date on McCarty's development.

blissett and TabascoT repped this.
  10. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    Bunnys' star Toyoda, she is a former Nadeshiko but she has spent this winter break in Italy (to see ex-teammate Matsubayashi?). There are some pics taken in Italy here.

Accordin to the Saki's blog, Otaki visited Saki's place in secret with her ex-teammates but accidentally, she was found by Lara Dickenmann at first day in Lyon, so she joined OL training next day. Saki also says their reunion was really became lively. :)

11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #136 mumf, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Very interesting..do we believe that she can re-join OL training any day just by turning up in Lyons?

Well you sent me to Twitter and I can confirm that TanaYo and Naoko Wada are good friends again: pic.twitter.com/gtxHwA5A70 The translation says they, like Otaki and Toyoda, are considering visiting Europe => specifically, visiting Germany. And "looking for other things in life" apart from FutBol :cool:

Giraffe, before the Chileans are forgotten, thanks for re-editing the Carla Guerrero video to include some Scotland highlights: HERE And for making a new video Francisca Lara HERE.
    KAP......reads great in English..... but was today the day? Your article went live today? Link please...........
    Oh God.....the link works and by fluke I clicked on the Junshin game...... There's a #23 shirt, just like last year, but Fumika isnt wearing it..... I think its the same #10 (Captain?) as last year and she is also a damn good player.
    They lost players to INAC..... (the #11 went? I think the little #5 too)..... did Belle's Fishiki come from this team? Dont think so, was she Hinomoto?

00016.png They have a new song this year:
    "We want to be Numbaaaaa One!
    On Big Soccer,
    mumf, blissett and BTR too,
    We will be on the Giraffe' YT videos,
    And even KAP will speak my name!"

12. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still in the process of moving, but I will end up in Austin. Like you said Texas is a big state, but Southwest Airlines (The dominant low cost airlines in the US) started in Texas flying between Dallas-Houston-Austin. So airfare is much more affordable to Houston plus there is family in Houston I can bum a couch!:)

Houston also picked up a couple of good Portland players so I will be looking into Houston in detail.

This shows the power of the Nadeshiko forum. I am now a Tiffany McCarty fan and I know more about the German, French, and Italian women's soccer leagues!! I started out just wanting to know more about the Nadeshikos as the information was sooooo limited. Now I know more about global women's soccer!!

Still looking for good excuses to see a few matches in Portland. The big crowds are not only inspirational to the players but to fans as well!!

blissett, dakota701 and unepomme repped this.
  13. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I don't remember their numbers, but three went to Inac last year; Hirano, Yamada and Imai.

Fushiki came from Kamimura which had also Shibata.

By the way, Fujieda's game often stopped, while the other games didn't.
    I say again that Yamashita's popularity is too high, which is not a good sign.

14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    The second game, Hinomoto vs Sugiyama, also often stopps, so it's maybe because they are aired on the channel 1.

15. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    oh.. sorry, it was my mistranslation. I should have said "she visited OL training".

From the left, Kuramochi(a member of AKB/a presenter of Sports-X ), Wada, TanaYo and Kawashima..
    Yokoyama, who often declares that she is big fan of AKB, tweeted a complaint to Yoko like "why you didn't invite me!". :giggle:

blissett repped this.
  16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Okayama Sakuyo 2-2 (PK4-2) Jumonji

This was Kado vs Yokoyama.
    Sakuyo equalized at the last play.

17. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I whish the Nadeshiko league had streaming video of the games like this!! :)
    There is so much emotion in these high school matches!!

18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result:

Tokiwagi Gakuen 6-0 Honjo Daiichi
    Miyazaki Nichidai 0-2 Naruto Uzushio
    Fujieda Junshin 5-1 Sanyo Jogakuen
    Tsuda 0-8 Fukui Kodai
    Hokkaido Bunkyo 0-2 Nihon Aviation
    St. Capitanio 0-1 Daisho Gakuen

Yanagigaura 3-1 Tohoku
    Okayama Sakuyo 2-2 (PK4-2) Jumonji
    Hinomoto Gakuen 11-0 Sugiyama Jogakuen
    Seiryo 0-9 Asuka
    Hiroshima Bunkyo 1-0 Kaishi Gakuen
    Matsuyama Shinonome 1-5 Shutoku

Osaka Toin 1-1 (PK 4-1) Shonan Gakuin
    Chinzei Gakuin 0-5 Seiwa Gakuen
    Tokoha Gakuen 1-0 Otani Muroran
    Sendai Ikuei 1-5 Kamimura Gakuen

blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I remember a funny video (was it from a pair years ago?) where Nihon Aviation girls were wearing wigs and make-up to look like youth-groups stars... :giggle:

Now they also have sport success, happy for them...

Hinomoto really looks on fire these days. Are they the favourite team to win this High School championship?

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [quote="Moukoko, post: 29350437, member: 34400From the left, Kuramochi(a member of AKB/a presenter of Sports-X ), Wada, TanaYo and Kawashima.[/quote]

Oh, yes, Asuka Kuramochi is the AKB48 girl who always presents Sports-X interviews and specials... I hadn't recognized her!

21. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uh-oh, sounds like I need to excel my japanese lessons, keep an eye on Tanayo's twitter and go to FFC Frankfurt games regularly. I would guess they would also visit with Nadeshikos in Germany... :) I already missed Kawasumi-san...

22. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I see from Full Bloom Guidebook site that the Fujieda-Junshin game had the record attendance of the day, with 946 people showing up at the match, that sounds like a really quite high number for an high school tournament...

Fumika Yamashita's effect (as unepomme was mentioning above)? :rolleyes:

Talking about songs, what's the name of the background-tune that can be heard in all of the videos of All Japan's High School Women's Tournament (you know what I am talking about, guys, don't you?)

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Shlj's site about FA WSL's transfers mentions that Chelsea FC Ladies signed two former Arsenal players. I didn't remember their names, but I assume that, since they come from Arsenal, they should be good stuff...
    So, the market campaign of Ogimi & Ji So-Yun's club goes on... I am very curious about the level of the team in the upcoming season...

KAPIJXM repped this.
  25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Tokiwagi is always a favorite, but they don't have decisive power like Kyokawa or Michigami this year.
    So no one knows who will be the champion; maybe the final can be Tokiwagi vs Hinomoto, but of course Fujieda or Kamimura would have enough chance.

By the way, according to my unreliable source, Irie (Hinomoto's #10) will go to Vegalta this year.

blissett and KAPIJXM repped this.