Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    The third place playoff of All Japan Youth Tournament - FC Victories vs JEF U-18 is now on streaming on JFA-TV.

And the final - Menina vs Urawa Youth will start at 13:00(japan time).

2. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    #77 Moukoko, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    Apparently, no one was able to see that.:giggle:

Anyway, Menina won the four successive tournaments.:)
    4-0. Momiki (25', 27'), Doko(76') and Funaki(78')

BdYUpVKCIAAKgSB.jpg

スクリーンショット(2014-01-07 15.12.38).png

Attached Files:

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So some players (like Momiki) are still playing for Menina (given their age) but are at the same time starters in Beleza?
    Why Momiki had a jersey with #9 under her own?

4. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    Yes, Momiki, Hasegawa, Sumida, Shimizu and Doko are also play for Menina.
    I think #9 jersey was for Toriumi Yuka, who has injured now.

toriumi_yuka.jpg

blesstherebel, KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Well of course internationally the opponents are stronger. But I think that shows up Kawasumi (who got subbed out a few times last year, including once at HT) far more than Miyama.
    In short my opinion is that Miyama had an excellent year at NT level, and my opinion is supported by her high rate of goals and assists.
    Once again Ji and the Korean media cause a ripple..... a "record-breaking deal" for Chelsea is meaningless because who else have they hired in their history? No-one really except Ogimi..... and probably that's who Ji had in mind when she made this statement.
    I saw it Giraffe, but as soon as I saw Shimizu in the #2 shirt, and recognized Momiki too, I realized Urawa had no chance.... actually they did not seem very inferior at MF at all, but they had no FW power. I didnt expect to see 4-0 as a final score.

From YT, this is a more expanded version of your CLIP ....hope you dont mind....(and look who grabbed Fumika's avatar for the HS tourney:giggle:)

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I would anyway be curious to know about the amount of money... I have really no idea about how the best female footballers in the world get paid.
    Also, I would like to confront with the best paid female players in the world, just to roughly know the figures we are talking about...

This is one of the many good videos uploaded lately by ndsk120. I invited this user to join our thread and I proudly say that he (not sure if it's a he or a she actually :oops:) accepted and subscribed to BigSoccer today. I look forward to his first message here, even to just say hello to us. :giggle:

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, lol, I hadn't noticed your new avatar at first! :laugh: Charmed and raptured by Fumika Yamashita's energy (and tears)? :giggle:

8. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    Nice avatar. I like Fujieda-Junshin's yell "Junshin 'clap clap' Nanbaa One!":D
    Of course I don't mind at all. I'm glad to see a clips I missed.

blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, I swear I had never actually caught what they were saying! :D (Blame the rain, the cameras too far away, my poor understanding of Japa-nglish, whatever... :laugh:)

Moukoko repped this.
  10. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    I tried, but it was the 1:15 AM and I had to work today :(.

So sleeeeeeeeeeeeepy......:sleep:

Moukoko repped this.
  11. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I missed the match for work reasons, unfortunately. Congratulations to the Menina girls on the win, I'm sure Kitty will be very happy about that. :D

Moukoko and KAPIJXM repped this.
  12. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm here to tell everybody that, finally, my article about Nadeshiko League season 2013 will be publicated :D The magazine will be available Friday 10th, then I will bring it here if someone want to read it :D

Gromit06 and blissett repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Great news! :D Did you manage to have the uncut version of the text on the magazine?

KAPIJXM repped this.
  14. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hmm, I gues I can get it with some arrangements, wait a little :)

15. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And in number 3 (Because the magazine will be out every 2 months and I will have no time) I will try to write about Japan in the U-17 WWC. :D

16. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Bravo, hermano! I thought that the article was impressive, but it looks fabulous when formatted. Just look at our professional sportswriter! :D

KAPIJXM repped this.
  17. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Noy professional yet, hermana. :p I made this for free, same as the magazine price :)

blesstherebel repped this.
  18. #8nadeshikofan

Oct 7, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Do you have the English version of the magazine?

19. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There's no english version but I could translate my article if some of you want :)

blissett repped this.
  20. #8nadeshikofan

Oct 7, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Please do that. I can't wait to read it.

KAPIJXM repped this.
  21. #8nadeshikofan

Oct 7, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    so now Ji so yun is confirmed gone. I hope Kawasumi will stay. If Kawasumi also leaves, the negative impact on Nadeshiko league is huge. Kawasumi is the attraction and star of Nadeshiko league. She was MVP 2011 and 2013, also highest scorer 2011 and second highest scorer 2013. She alone contributed more than half of the huge number of goals for INAC in the last few years either through scoring herself or assisting teammates. People come to see goals and they come to see their favorite players and Kawasumi is very popular in Japan. If both Ji and Kawasumi gone, I think attendance of INAC's games will down from 2013 average 4000 to 2500 and overall attendance of the league will down 20%. And I am sure INAC will not be the team to beat comes 2014. It will be a team struggle to get to top 5.

KAPIJXM, blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  22. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Profesionalismo no es sólo cuestión de dinero, sino también de la mente.;)
    Your work is definitely professional ! (and I wish you it being for money too, pretty soon :)

KAPIJXM, dakota701 and blesstherebel repped this.
  23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    A few years ago, when WPS for underway, I heard Marta was getting $400k (say 300k euros) and that this was 3 times more than anyone on the planet. Also at some point I think a Japanese journalust wrote that someone - I want to say Saki but I think it was Iwabuchi - might get 100k euros in Europe (was it PSG who was talking to her?). Maybe I have the player mixed up, but the number I am sure of, we discussed it here....I suppose it was an unreliable rumour that might be true. If I had to guess I would say that Ogimi, Ji and other hot internationals get under 150k euros (<25m yen) in Europe. Probably no-one in the USA gets that...... but I am guessing.
    Me too, those are good uploads.
    In the past few days I have finally watched the Empress Cup Final, full length, but I will reference ndsk120's long highlights HERE. And to give my comments, I will edit what I sent my source for the video share:
    Well I saw the INAC - Niigata game, and yes, despite knowing the story, I was impressed and entertained. Biggest surprise.... I have to say McCarty is out of the game most of the time (and all the time in the SF v Belle) but this is her economic style, and give her one look at goal, she is the coolest customer ever. She fed one perfectly - very few players can do this - to Oishi too but the other FWs were never going to score. Yamazaki was worse, and long before her failed PK, a few easy 1st-half chances missed. I can see the reasons why Niigata has struggled all year, as some of their best-known players Yamazaki and Oishi are not giving their all. Not long ago Yamazaki was a Nadeshiko....
    Blissett you mentioned the Niigata #11 (name = Sakina Hirai) - she fed not just one but two brilliant passes to McCarty, the 1st for the equalizer, and the 2nd for what should have been the hat-trick, and Isokane blatantly fouled her, but no PK given? She pulled her down by the neck, what could have been more obvious? It might have been an undeserved win, but still the referee could not have missed such an obvious take-down...its a PK and a RC.
    But to get back to the #11 Sakina Hirai, I had never heard this girl's name either, but those passes make her one to watch. One name that I did hear of before was Obara, whe used to be a junior star if its the same players (u-20WWC 2010 would be my guess?). She played right back for Niigata, and was quite good too.
    Of course none of this should take from Kamionobe, who was superb as team leader. And yes Kitihara looks promising too.
    Or from the game itself............. a great game and a great atmosphere....where were these fans all year, the Niigata fans and flags came out of nowhere, I guess from the men's team fans. Well they should be converts because this was one of the best games of the year.

And SORRY for my WALL of late and boring comments.....

blissett repped this.
  24. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Kap, the whole thing please! It looks great, colorful and well laid out.
    To be honest I hope she goes, and that Kinga and others go too. Seeing how it helped Ogimi, Saki and Ando to deal with the more speedy players in the world, its the perfect and necessary preparation for the WWCup2015. I bet Sasaki feels the same way.... and I think we will have some surprises yet.

As for the league, I think it will be fine if more of the INAC kids play, and most likely it will be much more competitive as a race, something that has been missing for years. And winning the Algarve or Asian Cup will boost attendances nicely.
    Edit - this is what Sasaku feels about the Asian Cup - from WSU

dakota701 repped this.
  25. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Congratulations on getting published. I'd enjoy reading an English translation of your article as well. Unfortunately, I do not read Spanish either. I'm sure you all know what a person who can speak only one language is called--an American (except for blesstherebel of course) :D.

blesstherebel, TabascoT and blissett repped this.