Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    And I have stranger dreams than that! :laugh:

Unfortunately no rest for the wicked over here. I'm braving the brunt of snowy two degree weather as I type this. :cry:

Stopped by for this...

http://fullbloomfootball.blogspot.com/2014/01/17th-joc-junior-olympics-all-japan.html?m=0

Almost certain again that everyone knows, but I wanted a moment to comment on the obscene scorelines of the Menina and Urawa matches. Jeez...

blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sob, sad for you, BtR. I am quite sure I wouldn't survive such a weather. And I am a strong supporter of getting back to hibernation for human species, during the winter season, like bears teach to us... :sleep:

Well, the "victims", though, are really unheard-of... Bingu Fuchuu TAM-S? Trefle FC Fille? o_O I mean, they remind me of infamous Je Vrille Kagoshima... No surprise they lose by tens of goals with such names! :laugh:

blesstherebel repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There are a lot of interesting videos around, uploaded by Girafferunfast and Virany, that make me wish that I could understand Japanese, because it looks like they could say interesting things.

For instance, there is the one with Nahomi Kawasumi at TV-show Hero x Hero, where she talks not only of her sport-related wishes for new year, but also about some wish regarding her private life:

And here we have even a complete conference by Nahomi (more than an hour! :eek:):

Micol, KAPIJXM, unepomme and 1 other person repped this.
  4. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Ah, don't feel too bad for me, I usually love cold weather. It's the movement of today that bugs me more. Having to walk through snow for an hour and into a building for two seconds and then another hour of walking. Good workout, at least :D

Good point about the opposition, still as someone has been on the bad end of an 11-0 drubbing, getting beat by twenty-five has to be at least fort more types of depressing.

And the conference video, I would pay my life savings to anyone who all of that! :laugh:

blissett repped this.
  5. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    "Who can subtitle all of that" ... bad look for my phone keyboard. Sigh...

6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    He tried to test young players, but he realized that the gap between experienced players and them were bigger than he had thought.
    He says he would be more insistent on victory this year.

Micol, Virany, KAPIJXM and 4 others repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Beware, BtR! I am going to bed right now, but I suspect unepomme could be after your life savings! :sneaky:;):laugh:

(Well, at leastI guess at your age your life savings can't be so much after all! :x3:)

KAPIJXM and blesstherebel repped this.
  8. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    She asked, "Miyama had been cuter and more lighthearted, but after she had become a captain, she looked more serious. Was this because of the pressure of the captaincy?"

Sasaki answered, "she is playing with some like Ohno pleasantly before the training to cheer all up. Of course she looked feeling responsible for bad results more."

Micol, blissett, blesstherebel and 2 others repped this.
  10. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's results:

Menina 5-1 MITO EIKO
    FC Victories 2-1 Albirex Niigata U18
    Urawa Reds Youth 6-0 Placer Kobe
    Jef Chiba U18 2-0 Norddea Hokkaido

I'm a little bit surprised that Nakamura Mizuki is playing as a FW.

KAPIJXM, blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, that's more or less what everyone on this thread was asking from him since last year's Algarve (mumf in particular, but everyone else here too, I guess).

So, let's take 2013 like a transition year, and after all it was the year without very important international tournaments. Ok, there was EAFF East Asian Cup, but it's ok: if there was a year, from 2011 to 2015, where failure could be acceptable and experimental line-ups could be tried, it was 2013. Now the important years come: we're not allowed to fail in 2014 and 2015! :sneaky:

Oh, thank you very much unepomme for translations, including the question about Aya Miyama. :notworthy:

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am also surprised that Albi's under-18 are beaten by an unheard-of club... o_O

Kamionobe didn't teach anything to them?

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way, I hadn't noticed that, with this phrase, BtR just admitted that... she's wicked! :sneaky: :laugh:

Meanwhile, I found on Virany's Tumblr this picture, taken from Twitter, that shows how Urawa's Yuki Yasuda is now a married woman! :)

[​IMG]

Will she now change the name on her jersey with her husband's one, Nagasato/Ogimi-like? :geek:

14. kittypride

kittypride Member

Oct 8, 2013
    #39 kittypride, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    You know it! :D

Thanks for all of the information, blissett. You're right, I just meant when was the next time they played in general. Can't wait for the games to start already. :)

I know! I love it! Thanks for hooking me up with it, dude :thumbsup::D

I'll definitely vouch for that! :D

Happy for her! She looks super pretty in that dress. And her man looks, weirdly, a little like my math teacher.

15. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Pretend I didn't say that and keep it our little secret, okay? Wouldn't want the world to think I was anything but angellic :p

16. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :eek:

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey, Kittypride! Don't tell me that you have a crush for that math teacher! :eek:
    (it's typical of girls with a crush seeing their darling in everyone else's random pictures... :giggle:)

I ask because, as a teacher myself, I can't really encourage students' crushes... :giggle:

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure if you noticed that ndsk120, the guy that uploaded that Kawasumi's video, answered to me, in the comments' section below the video, and said that Kawasumi's wish for 2014 regarding her private life is having a dog and taking care of it (in fact it was quite easy to spot the dog's drawing on Nahomi's clipboard in the video... :p).
    Obviously, now, with no Asuna Tanaka and no Ji So-Yun around, Nahomi knows that she's going to feel lonely! :laugh:
    Will the dog fill the gap in Nahomi's house in Japan, or it will be her companion in a new life in USA or Europe? :sneaky:

Anyway, I guess Kawasumi's new hymn for 2014 will be Pet Shop Boys' "I want a dog" :laugh:
    (Lyrics excerpt:
    I want a dog,
    A chihuahua
    When I get back to my small flat
    I want to hear somebody bark
    Oh, you can get lonely)

Meanwhile, awesome ndsk120 uploaded another video, a special about Mai Kyokawa (by the way, during this winter break, I'd like to see more of those video-specials about single players! :p); lots of interesting parts in it: Mai in her youth (at 8 or at 10 as a male team captain), random pics of her teen years, vintage footage of Homare Sawa's rehab from torn ACL at age 25... Don't you think that Kyokawa's brace (quite obvious while she's interviewed) is working quite well? Her front teeth are bigger than ever :giggle:, but it seems to me that overall her teeth look more straight and well-ordered...
    Obviously also the start of 2012 season was shown, with Kyokawa's impressive streak of goals, before her injury: what do you think, guys, could 2014 be Kyokawa's year? After all she had always been a goal-machine before her injury... At 20, she's still too young and not "physical" enough to take Bev's place in INAC's forward-line? I guess Bev's signing itself was mostly due to Kyokawa's loss for the reminding of 2012 season...
    Discuss!

Meanwhile I took the liberty of inviting ndsk120 to our forum! His video-highlights from Empress' Cup were awesome and he always upload a lot of very interesting videos: I guess it would be cool if she'd join us as a member of this thread! :)

19. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I think in many ways, as it stands now, I would prefer it to be a lot of people's years in INAC.

There are a lot of players that see less sunlight than me when I get a new game, that have rarely featured in any part of the depth chart based purely on a single name in that position, namely in the cases of whoever sat behind Ms. Goebel-Yanez and Queen Ji. I think now that there is even some small semblance of an opening, some of those players that didn't get burn last year should at the very least get an opportunity to make an impact.

In the end, we have no way of entirely knowing who will be on any roster in the future though, and a lot of the small cracks in the lineup that players have a chance to burst through now, could be super-glued by the time the teams take to the pitch on opening day, but I do hope that those players get their runs, find their feet quickly and manage to make an impact when and where they are needed.

I guess that applies a lot to players like Ms. Nakada and Ms. Yoko specifically in our case, but it's really a blanket statement league-wide for young and reserve players, seeing the slew of teams are doing some wholesale changes, a lot more players might get the chance to be the "it-girl" come next season. Who steps up and shines is one of many things that has me both curious and excited for 2014.

Sadly, I wasn't around enough when Ms. Kyokawa was at her finest, so I cannot speak for the nuances of her skillset in the of our team. Nor can I really speak on whether she is mentally and physically ready for a full-time starting position, or ready to bear the burden of being a key piece. Really, I think that the latter is one of those paradoxical things that we need and expectation of and yet can't really ever know for sure until someone gets baptized by fire. Statistically, she most likely won't be put in that dramatic of a position, but if she does end up landing there, I certainly hope that she catches fire.

There is a big part of me that hopes that we don't make any big incoming changes and just let the young guns filter into the rotation, whatever team that ends up giving us, and that hopes that those girls come in to their own quickly and become absolute revelations next year. I temper my expectations of reality of course, but a girl can dream.

This brings up an excellent point for downtime though, does anyone have any commentary or expectation for next season based on their teams activity or current lack thereof?

EDIT: My word... the walls of text :eek:. I apologize, even though I know that nobody reads me.

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why do you say that BtR? I do read you. I also use to rep you. :giggle:

Although I am honestly not sure what exactly you were apologizing about... o_O

Anyway, very interesting post: I am also torn between wanting the youngsters to stand up and show if they're ready and the curiosity about INAC's likely new signings...

I am sorry that you weren't around in march/april 2012 to watch Kyokawa's start of the season before her injury, but I can tell you... she was on fire, indeed!
    I also got her autograph, because she was part of the Algarve team, when I went in Portugal to watch Japan-USA 2 years ago and I gathered lots of original autographs. She was 18 then, had just debuted in Senior National Team and she looked quite surprised that a random European guy was calling her by name to ask for an autograph! :giggle:

Anyway I am very willing to play your game of predictions and expectations about 2014 Nadeshiko League, but I guess we should wait for some of the moves that are going to happen for sure... Most of the moves in the last seasons were between the end of January and the first half of February. By the way, does anyone know if there is an actual limit for Nadeshiko clubs to present their rosters? o_O

21. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Blissett.... why would a player perform differently for her club and her NT? She is still the SAME player. And I think Miyama was generally excellent for both.
    Well thanks for mentioning me.....looking back, I am not really bothered about the Algarve result - one point: in the Agarve, they played Norway, Germany and Denmark - the two finalists and a semifinalist at the top-class Euro2013.
    True, I would prefer though that Sasaki approach the Algarve to win it - but in 2014, will the EU and USA teams do the same? Their time to experiment, as the EU teams in particular have long qualification campaigns.
    Also I have a message from Giraffe which seems to believe Japan will play in the La Manga (Spain) Tournament, which seems to be u-23, held just before the Algarve.... look who scored last year for the USA: http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-23-WNT/2013/03/US-U23-WNT-Opens-Year-With-Victory-Against-Norway.aspx

22. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #47 mumf, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    Catching up to Goals per Giraffs' monthly digest:

LC Matchday #9 (10-Aug)
    1) Sugita 1st for FC Kibi Charme-Osaka
    2) Matsunaga for Iga v Vega
    3) Sugita 2nd for FC Kibi Charme-Osaka
    Honorable mentions:
    none

LC Matchday #10 (8-Sept)
    1) Nishikawa for FC Kibi Charme-Chiba (more remarkable even than Kawasumi's famous goal v Sweden, as the interception is mid-air and the GK is not stranded).
    2) Yasumoto for Sendai v Niigata
    3) Uetsuji for Sendai v Niigata
    Honorable mentions:
    Arimachi for Belle v INAC

LC’s semi-finals, all-stars + final (24 Aug - 1 Sept)
    1) Nakano for Belle v Beleza
    2) Isokane for INAC v JEF
    3) Miyama for Belle v Beleza
    Honorable mentions:
    Yamaguchi for scoring almost twice Belle v INAC
    Sugasawa for JEF v INAC (really for Anzai’s work)

Matchday #10 (8-Sept)
    This was the hardest ever matchday, as there were 7 good goals of about the same merit. In such cases I consider how unusual is the goal, and what was team input, and also if it was really aided by poor DF.
    1) Tahara for Vega v Kibi
    2) Nakazato for Beleza v Osaka
    3) Matsuoka 2nd for Belle v Iga
    Honorable mentions:
    Sugasawa for JEF v Urawa
    Momiki for Beleza v Osaka
    Sato for Osaka v Beleza
    Goebel 2nd for INAC v Albi

From Giraffe's private collection, see them here:
    one two three four
    but note that because this month is a mixture of LC, longer Final highlights and NL, they do not exactly correspond 1:1 to each matchday listed.

blissett repped this.
  23. kittypride

kittypride Member

Oct 8, 2013
    No, no, nothing like that, it was just a random observation! :)

The walls of text are fine if you are actually saying something, at least to me, and I think you actually say some pretty interesting things. More importantly though, do you ever actually sleep blesstherebel? You posted this about a half hour before I woke up!

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Happy new year, mumf, and welcome on our new shiny 2014 thread! :)

I hope you hadn't too much trouble with the weather in New York in this beginning of new year...

Thanks for posting your ratings mumf; so, the new situation for that particular Monthly Digest has to be corrected from what I wrote at the end of the 2013 thread.
    I am going to accept the fact that, for Mami Yamaguchi, two half-goals make for a whole one! :giggle: Just, please, don't vote her effort as goal-of-the-season, or our goal-of-the-season would be non-goal-of-the-season! :laugh:
    The new rankings (voters: blissett, BtR, mumf) are:

9th NLC matchday
    Ami Sugita (1st goal) 4.5 points
    Ami Sugita (2nd goal) 4 points
    Karina Maruyama4 points
    Yoshie Matsunaga 3.5 points
    Kanjana Sung-Ngoen (“Net”) 3.5 points
    Risa Yamamoto 0.5 points

10th NLC matchday
    Naoko Wada 6 points
    Asuka Nishikawa 4 points
    Saori Arimachi 4 points
    Ji So-Yun (1st goal) 3.5 points
    Yumi Uetsuji 3 points
    Sawako Yasumoto 2.5 points

NLC’s semi-finals and final
    Manami Nakano 6.5 points
    Saori Arimachi 4 points
    Aya Miyama 4 points
    Midori Isokane 3 point
    Nahomi Kawasumi 1.5 points
    Chiaki Minamiyama 1 point
    Yuika Sugasawa 0.5 points
    Mami Yamaguchi 0.5 points

10th Nadeshiko League matchday
    Nozomi Tahara 7 points
    Kaede Sato 4.5 points
    Beverly Goebel-Yanez (2nd goal) 4.5 points
    Yu Nakazato 2 points
    Beverly Goebel-Yanez (1st goal) 1 point
    Miki Matsuoka (2nd goal) 1 point
    Risa Fukasawa 0.5 points
    Yumi Uetsuji 0.5 points
    Ji So-Yun 0.5 points
    Yuika Sugasawa 0.5 points
    Yuka Momiki 0.5

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, it's an old story up here, kittypride. Basically we concluded that BtR is a vampire and she quietly acknowledged that... :laugh:

Nadeshiko League matches are usually in the early morning for me, in the middle of the night in USA: often I wake up here in Italy, just to find a sleepless BtR still up and commenting...