Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kim Little and Jess Fishlock in the midfield are really good and control the game. They didn't create many chances from open play, but there was much more purpose in their game today. Kawasumi was not as affective as the last game apart from the set pieces, which she provided quality corners and free kicks.

Memorable moment of the match:
    The commentator says "The best secret of women's football - Leroux's build-up play ability" when she dropped deep to receive the ball and made a pass.

If there is a such thing, it's still secret to me... :rolleyes:

zaku_II and blissett repped this.
  2. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I watched the post-match press-conference too, and if it's true that she said that, she also said that she will try to utilize Naho as much as possible until 4th of May, while they have the "luxury" of having her in Seattle, before Nadeshiko Japan's friendly matches in preparation of AFC Asian Cup and the Cup itself.... Harvey said that they have a world-class offensive line in Leroux, Goebel, Rapinoe and Nahomi, suggesting that she wants to rotate these players during the season...

4. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Yes, I heard that as well. I wasn't suggesting she doesn't value Naho highly enough. Even if she doesn't start her, I think she rates Naho very highly indeed. Overall, I think Harvey is quite an intelligent manager -- she wants to create a healthy competition for all places in the team (which is important to avoid the 'prima donna' effect seen sometimes :whistling:), and at the same time keep opposing teams guessing.

blissett repped this.
  5. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    today's games:

Nittaidai vs Takatsuki 14:00
    Anclas vs Ange Violet 14:00

The first one is the matchup of the current leaders of Challenge League.

Very sad news:
    This year's Nadeshiko monthly highlights are really scaled down. :cry::devilish:

ndsk120 and blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Virany located a channel with Nadeshiko League Digest, but the format seems different from last seasons... o_O Instead of showing short highlights of each match, with all of the goals of any matchday, it looks like they prefer to show very long and detailed highlights of just a pair of matches, deemed the "most important" of the day... :cautious:

Those long highlights can be interesting, but if this is the new formula, I guess it throws quite a big monkey wrench in our plans to continue our Goal-of-the-Year chart: it is very possible that we're going to have no access to some goals. In these first 4 matchdays we already missed at least 4-5 goals each matchday, and some of the ones we get, we have them through amateur highlights only... :unsure:

unepomme repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We posted about in the same moment. It is indeed very sad... We usually manage to piece together a lot of videos on this thread, but we're going to miss some goals each week... :cry:

8. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    As I read your post, I've rethought my valuation a little.
    It's certain that you can know the each game's content more precisely with this version.
    Nevertheless, I don't like that the featured teams look predetermined.
    Where is Beleza, Belle, Iga or else?

ndsk120 and blissett repped this.
  9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I think that instead of crying ( :cry: ) we should be angry ( :mad: )with the JFA for not putting a digest of all the goals of the week, unlike what the DFB or FFF do ;)

blissett repped this.
  10. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    My article presenting the CL's semi-finals HERE. I managed to put a picture with Asano Nagasato with it once more :p

11. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, Nadeshiko League sells the TV rights to broadcasters (I believe two channels) so I don't think they can give freebies to the public. At least they make money out of it, even though it's not much. The JFA does have stream of every match (I think they still do), but they are not for broadcasting quality - one camera without commentating.

Does DFB or FFF sell TV broadcasting rights to anyone? It's hard to believe they do and also offer free streaming like DFB does for some matches not just highlights.

unepomme repped this.
  12. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I've just watched the monthly highlights. Probably I'm the minority, but I quite like this new format. :) Watching just goals can be boring...

unepomme repped this.
  13. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Yes, FFF and DFB sell the rights to Eurosport (both) and also to France 4 (in addition for FFF).
    DFB broadcasts one game every week on its site, with high quality. Eurosport (and exceptionally France 4) broadcasts some of the D1 games (and some of the Cup).
    The DFB has every week a "All goals of the day" on its site (DFB-TV) called "Torshow" (Tor meaning goal in German). Here is an example (I don't know if it is geoblocked or not). Eurosport also broadcasts some Live German games (the same as the ones on DFB site).
    And same for FFF, as far as the goals are concerned (no Live games on its site).... FFF doesn't shoot itself the games (the goals) but collects the highlights from the clubs, local TV or fans videos. It is both on its site and on Youtube. Last example (site) or on Youtube.
    The quality is not always excellent, but so what ? At least, we can see the goals. It's better than nothing, isn't it ?

dakota701, ndsk120 and blissett repped this.
  14. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know of DFB-TV provides Torshow and live games - I do watch them. I just didn't know they also sell TV rights to Eurosport - obviously not UK Eurosport cos I've never seen it. I just wondered why Eurosport pay money to DFB for the rights to broadcast if free contents are available for everyone to see. It sounds like a bad deal for Eurosport. :confused:

EDIT: The champions league games are available on UK Eurosport but that's UEFA selling the rights so nothing to do with domestic league and cups.

15. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    The Bundesliga games were shown on French Eurosport at the beginning of the season, with big publicity actually. Watching the channel through Eurosport Player, I prefered to watch them on the DFB-TV because Eurosport's stream was not really good, freezing too much often for my taste... But they have stopped showing them for some time, so I suppose that yes, they realized that it was useless for them to show what was free somewhere else.

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I anyway would want to see all of the goals... :cry:

hirohiro repped this.
  17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result:

Nittaidai 0-0 Takatsuki
    Anclas 0-2 Ange Violet

blissett repped this.
  18. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    By the way... I don't think that anybody talked about her yet (but I might have missed it), there is another Japanese girl playing in Damallsvenskan, Aya Noguchi.

She's a new player for Linköping, coming from New York Flash. If I am not mistaken, she played with Chelsea at mobcast's last edition. Linköping is a serious contender to the second seat qualifying to CL (the championship has just started), and even to the title, although I think that Rosengard (ex-Malmö) is the clear favourite, and Rosenborg another pretendant....

Noguchi scored LFC's first goal against AIK four days ago (4-0). That was for the second day of the league. Linköping lost its first game at Pitea (0-1), and will play its third tomorrow sunday in Göteborg (actually Kopparbergs/Göteborg) for the first Big Match of the season...

I will let you know if she has done anything special ;)

Lechus7, blissett and unepomme repped this.
  19. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Thanks for the tip M. Gromit. When Linköping come to Malmö to play Rosengård this summer I might drag myself over the bridge to take in the match. Malmö is quite the football town (as you know), being home to many Bosnians, Croatians, Arameans, Iraqis, as well as a few Swedes.

I have to confess I don't recall Aya from her US playing days..

Gromit06 and blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice: another League to follow for Nadeshiko-related news... :giggle:

I did remember Noguchi playing for Chelsea in Mobcast Cup but, even them I couldn't recall anything else about her career. Fun-fact is that she has quite the exact same name as Ayaka Noguchi, recent signing of INAC Kobe Leonessa (officially a MF, but she always played as a Right Back in those first 4 matches with INAC, basically functioning as Kinga's replacement). Does any Japanese friend know if Ayaka can ever be abridged as Aya? This way they would have the exact same name... :giggle:

What do you mean by "over the bridge"? o_O Is there actually a long bridge connecting Denmark and Sweden? I seemed to remember something about an enormous flyover-bridge climbing over one of the straits, even bigger than the ones in Japan, but I wasn't sure if it had really been built...

Edit: when I went from Denmark to Sweden back in 1992, I remember I had to take the ferry, so I assume there wasn't anything of the kind, at the time... :giggle:

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If any number of us agrees that we are not completely satisfied with this year Nadeshiko League Monthly Digest's format (or at least with the choice of the matches), couldn't any of the Japanese member write a short, respectful complain to the TV-channel? (I can't do that, because I can't write in Japanese and I am afraid an e-mail in English wouldn't be as effective).
    We could at least ask them if they can just briefly show all of the goals at the end of the Digest, if they don't feel like making actual highlights for all of the games.

The JFA stream never really worked for me. The screen freezes and I can't actually see anything; initially I thought it was my PC/browser, but, in the past, other friends here in the forum said that they had the same problem (although others could see the matches without any problem instead). I am not sure what could it depend onto, but I guess if was geographically-based.

It would be great if someone could extract the goals from these videos and put them in a YouTube video. I know I am asking much, but I hate the fact that we are going to miss some goals forever, this season (for instance Beleza's 5 goals in the 1st matchday, JEF's one in the last one, etc.)

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, so the big clash at the top of Challenge League ended scoreless... I guess the other current top-teams (AS Harima Albion, Sfida Setagaya FC, Nojima Stella Kanagawa) will thank for that. Interesting fact is that Nittaidai can't anyway be promoted (I guess it has to do with the fact that they are an University team? In fact, if I remember correctly, Kibi had to change their status to chase for promotion...); anyway I guess Nittaidai's Shoko Uemura will be a big contender for this year's Challenge League's golden boot. And Nittaidai could anyway compete to win the league, even without being promoted, like Tokiwagi did last season.

Anclas are really a big disappointment this season (sorry, BtR, don't want to pour salt into the wound, but actually... :oops:). They lose an home match to newly promoted Hiroshima, that looks like a more than decent team, it's true, but shouldn't be supposed to beat a team that was playing in Nadeshiko League two years ago... if they don't make some points vs the poorest teams (like Shimizu Daiachi Pleiades), Anclas could really risk relagation, this season, because apparently the club completely disinvested in the program...

23. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Ah yes, those were the days... quite pleasant actually, although of course it took much longer.

Since 2000 we have had a lovely (?) new bridge, for cars and the train..
    [​IMG]

blissett and hirohiro repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, quite impressive: how long is it, which part of the straits it flies over and which towns it connects?

25. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Noguchi played for the New York Magic (an amateur/regional league team), not the Flash.

We discussed during the MobCast that its a team playing in BTR's backyard.... which reminds me, where is she these days?