Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    So Yun speaks a little English…a very little.:D And does a little shopping.

blissett, Gromit06 and KAPIJXM repped this.
  3. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Thanks a lot for the very clear explanations :thumbsup:
    We have roughly the same thing in France called SACEM (Société des Auteurs, Compositeurs et Editeurs de Musique)...

4. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Cute :)

5. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    hiro... you are just going to have to drag yourself up to London and see for yourself... (And bring your camera... and don't forget who your friends are...;))

blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I much appreciated the article, but the picture remains invisible for me... :unsure:

"Hello, my name is Ji So-Yun... Thank you very much!"
    We are at the very basics! :laugh:

At least she should be relieved that apparently there aren't as many ways to say "thank you" and as many honorifics in English as in Japanese! :giggle:

By the way, I never had a chance to try Korean food (my excuse is that there isn't a big Korean community here in Italy, so it isn't as easy as with other exotic food: Chinese, Japanese, Indian, etc. :unsure:). How is it? Is it similar to other kinds of Asian food? What's the main specialty?

7. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, by the look of the lack of coverage on WSL on mainstream or alternative media, I'll have to.

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We obviously have something similar in Italy, SIAE (Società Italiana Autori ed Editori), but what #5nadeshikofan seems to suggest is that GEMA (like many other German things! :p) is more strict than other national copyrights societies...

I'll observe that we're just past the half of April and we already broke the 4.000 posts' barrier! :eek: I expect May, with AFC Asian Cup, to be an absolute record-breaker... :D

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A pair of hours ago, highlights from Liverpool-Manchester City have been uploaded on YouTube; I uselessly looked around to see if there were also Bristol-Chelsea's highlights somewhere, but to no avail, at the moment...

By the way, it looks like the win wasn't easy at all for Liverpool. There was quite a Yamane-Leroux-like goal, but it was disallowed for hand-ball. Also, English football is proverbially though, for men and women alike: abundant blood spilled from an elbow-on-eyebrow contact, but the girl smiles afterwards, like all Brit warriors use to do in football... :giggle:

lukephan and Lechus7 repped this.
  10. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Funny you say that because a couple of weeks ago there was a report on that indicating that GEMA is the envy of the other european organisations for having managed this strictness and being able to collect higher fees...

blissett repped this.
  11. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    From what I know from Korean food (a bit, since I love all Asian food and meals), it's much hotter and spicier ! But it's really good (I love what is hot, anyway ! ...... what ?? :giggle:)

blissett repped this.
  12. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    #4012 dakota701, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    This just uploaded by FAWSL. Looked like a good match. Compare the pace of this game to the recent NWSL matches. Loved Yuki's little victory cry after her first goal.

hirohiro, lukephan and blissett repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, Yuki seems to be in warrior-mode. :giggle: It's indeed a shame that she didn't manage to score the third one in 2nd half (as Emma Hayes underlined! :laugh:)

If FA WSL in going to have these quite good quality highlights each week, I like how we are positioned to follow our Nadeshiko players in England this season. Getting also live streams would be optimal, but I won't complain.

I forgot to ask, about the Liverpool-Manchester City match: why all of the players were wearing the black armband as a sign of grief? o_O

dakota701 and lukephan repped this.
  14. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Because exactly 25 years ago that happened: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, I had even read bout the commemoration on other media, but i hadn't made the link with the women's match... :unsure: I am sorry.

Probably it's because I tend to think at men's and women's football as quite totally un-related.

16. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    It was not just a football tragic event, it was a whole nation one. I was living in London at the time and I still can remember it... :(

17. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    From ever so kind nbsk120+

I'm so happy they played Shibata in the middle. She had been used as a wide player in her club so often, and they never got the best of her. I hope they believe in her and she gets a good run of games in that role.

ndsk120, blissett, Gromit06 and 3 others repped this.
  18. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    I was thinking the same, if the 4-4-2 of Urawa will not change, maybe try Goto as right MF and Shibata as FW as something like a nine and a half.

19. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Jef vs Niigata 13:00
    Belle vs Inac 14:00

Challenge League
    Nojima vs Nittaidai 13:00

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What does "200" number in this Fukumoto's interview mean? Is she going to play her match #200 in Nadeshiko League? o_O

lukephan repped this.
  21. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    #5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  22. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Yes, your guess is perfect.
    Then what do you guess "24" means?

lukephan and blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, I can guess 24 years of career? Although this should surely include young teams and different divisions from Nadeshiko League, because the result of 200 divided for 24 would give a too low number of games to be the number of seasons in Nadeshiko League...
    Not sure, please correct me! :p

Meanwhile it seems like Albirex is currently winning by 0-1 in Chiba vs JEF, with a goal by Sakina Hirai at 29'.

Edit: also, this round number should guarantee an award to Miho in the next Nadeshiko League Awards ceremony at the end of 2014 season? I remember players with one or more hundreds of matches in Nadeshiko League had been awarded last year (maybe Yamago had even reached 300? o_O)

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    While I was posting previous message, Megumi Kamionobe scored 0-2 for Albi at 69'. Great result for Niigata Ladies, bouncing back from last week's loss to INAC!

And, talking about INAC, looks like "River-Dance Kyo" (aka Mai Kyokawa :giggle:) scored her first goal of the season and sensei-goru for INAC in Okayama at 3'.
    Please, does anyone have a link to a Belle-INAC's streaming? Pleasepleaseplease....! Pretty please.

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    24 means that there were 23 players who played 200 matchs before her.

blissett repped this.