Official 2014 Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
  3. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Maybe he needs another challenge...after he will win the WC :D

4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Prandelli is tired after 4 years on Italy NT's bench. Plus, he achieved a lot already: final in Euro 2012, 3rd @ CC 2013. He knows he can't push harder this team than now. So, better changing than staying. Plus, I think he wants to come back on club-managing.

Zaccheroni isn't seen in Italy like a master. He won a title with AC Milan in 1999, then he had so-and-so spells in Lazio, Inter, Torino and Juventus. Plus, the two in Turin were a failure. With this experience as Japan's coach, he raised his quotations as NTs manager. That's why someone is thinking about him as Italy NT coach.

5. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was mildly surprised to hear that Italians actually seem to rate his experience with Japan. Not in terms of whether he's done a good job or not, but that it's considered relevant. Did the Confederations Cup raise his stock a lot?

6. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan, speaking of football, is seen in the wrong way here in Italy. Tsubasa Oozora makes Italian think: "Yes, they have Hyuga, Oozora, Wakabayashi... but, beside that, they're nothing". Yesterday I saw a piece on TMW which said: "YFM won the 1st trophy of the 2014, beating SH on the final of the EC. Goals by SATO and Nakazawa". I mean, c'mon: they're ignorant on Asian football.

7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha a 1-letter typo is somewhat excusable. But to my point: is it sort of like, "wow Zac made (a minnow like) Japan competitive against Italy? Mad genius!"?

8. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Why does he want to go back to club management? International football has too little games for him each year? Why isn't The Italian NT interested in Fabio Capello, Carlo Ancelotti and Paul0 Di Canio?

9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sort of. But this kind of reaction is expected by someone who doesn't follow international football. Most Italy, of course.

Probably. Capello has a contract with Russia until 2018, I think. Ancelotti is now arrived in Madrid. Di Canio is a scumbag, no reason to pick him.

10. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Then why don't Italy FA approach Ancelotti and Di Canio? These two are world class coach. How are they regarded in Italy btw?

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    LOL
    He's good for a third division side, maybe.
    Anyway I don't think there is any truth whatsoever in the news.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  12. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    He saved Sunderland from relegation last season and if I am not wrong, he has somewhat of an reputation in Italy. I am surprised that the Italy FA did not even approach Ancelotti and Capello. These two are old and maybe cannot handle the many matches that club football has each year compared to just 10 plus matches for International football.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, PDC sure got rave reviews at Sunderland this year....lol....

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't know if he did really save Sunderland last season, Wigan kindly let them stay afloat.
    He lost 6-1 against Aston Villa, and was later sacked as he would've sunk them to the Championship this year anyway. The players hated him.
    Afaik his reputation in Italy is non-existant as a coach and rightfully high as a player, doubt we'll see him in Serie A anytime soon, at least
    Capello is committed to Russia right now and Ancelotti to Real, but again, I'd wait after the world cup before writing names.

With that said, this was supposed to be the Japanese National Team thread so let's look forward for our friendlies against New Zealand and unnamed opponent for the moment.

15. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    How would New Zealand help us though? Why not a friendly against Chile, etc.?

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Unfortunately the friendly against New Zealand was scheduled on that infamous month when the tsunami happened. Basically they postponed it. Not sure why they couldn't put it after the world cup and not before, but take in mind that players from Europe will join the team only one day before the match - sigh.

17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the schedule and the long layoff from NT duty, they need a comfortable home match where they can retain possession and play in front of their fans. Might be better if they could play a WC entrant, but NZ is okay.

18. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    OneiroPhobia repped this.
  19. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Hopefully some new Jleague players can be used.

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sigh, I can't merge the threads unfortunately, as I explained I can only move unwanted posts to a new one. But, considering nothing actually really useful was said here, I'll close this. Whispered, please make a search next time