Official 2014 Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  3. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Hirayama is a bigger guy. And an even bigger disappointment for what he could be.

However I'll call him if Big Mike will be injured as the big tall guy useful to score by head from corner when you are losing 0 - 1 in the injury time.

4. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Take Hasegawa if that helps you by all means and if it makes him feel happy and he gets to play at WC all the better

KiarashM repped this.
  5. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Let's see if he will accept an invite. There is a big issue which is citizienship, correct me if I'm wrong but if he choses Iran he will loses his Japanese passport which will make it hard for him..is there any way to overcome this?

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An Iranian-American friend told me that Iran does not allow its subjects to give up their Iranian nationality. Is this true? If that's the case, dual nationality shouldn't be an issue with respect to Japan as they allow for such cases. For instance, Tulio Tanaka has dual Brazilian-Japanese citizenship as Brazil doesn't have legal provisions for renouncing nationality.

Nice writeup. You might mention that Aria was called up by Zaccheroni for a domestic camp earlier this month.

KiarashM repped this.
  7. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #333 KiarashM, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Yes he is right. On paper they do not accept dual citizenship and they consider you only as Iranian if you have two passports for example. I think we need a clear yes or no from Aria Jasuru, then Iranian football federation as well as the Japanese need to arrange something so that he can make it to Iran.

Thanks man, I will edit my article tomorrow morning.

Edit: I think we would be really happy if Aria joins us. We are lacking a decent playmaker for years now. He could become a big star in Iran if he joins. We don't have lots of options if you consider our midfield; Javad Nekounam and Masoud Shojaei are aging. I've seen some footage from Aria and I am very impressed.

naopon repped this.
  8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not an attorney but Aria's dad may be mistaken if he thinks Aria would lose Japanese citizenship simply by suiting up for Iran...
    From the Nationality Law of Japan:
    In this context the "declaration of choice" means a Japanese dual citizen making a declaration to the Japanese foreign ministry that he/she wants to keep Japanese nationality. This is to be done by age 22 - Aria is 25.
    Since "endeavouring to deprive himself" of Iranian nationality would presumably be ineffective, and playing for a representative football team is not "public office", I think he can pull it off.

c shima and scotch17 repped this.
  9. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Wow, great news if true. But still I remember his dad said on a talk show that it remained an issue few months ago. I wonder why they didn't brought up the case again. Maybe they are working on it in silence? I doubt it, but time is ticking away since we are only 2 months away from the World Cup.

10. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    lol, it's the same guy from the Persian Football Forum, didn't notice

11. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes it's me bro, I am trying to convince all members there as much as I can

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if Aria is serious about suiting up for Iran, his dad may be mulling the case over with immigration lawyers in Tokyo about getting a passport issued, checking out whether he can keep his Japanese passport, etc. There are a fair number of Iranian expats in Japan so I imagine it's not a unique case.

He's a good player, but probably no savior. Sounds like he wants to go to Europe but doesn't have a ton of time left. Maybe an Eredivisie team could use him?

14. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I agree. That shouldn't be much of a problem.

Honestly I wouldn't mind him playing in Japan, I think the J-League is a pretty decent one with good players like Forlan and Nakamura. The reason why we want him in TM is because he is head and shoulders above our own domestic league players. We mostly rely on Iranians abroad, so that's why he might be a great addition. :D :thumbup:

15. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It'd be interesting to see a Japanese player play for another NT. Though he may still play for Japan in future, especially next cycle. If he wants to play for Iran because he feels that is the country he would like to represent then so be it. But if he wants to represent Japan because, he was born & raised there, plays there and is half-Japanese, then he should just keep working at it for the JNT.

Is this kinda like the Dejagah thing?

KiarashM repped this.
  16. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I totally agree. It will be a tough decision for him, although I think he prefers Japan since he feels more attached to that nation. Totally understandable, he is born and raised in Japan. I would be surprised if he picked Iran over Japan.

Dejagah is 100% Iranian. He first declinded to play but since Carlos Queiroz is in charge, he convinced him to play for us. He made his debut in 2012.

17. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    He is a little bit too old to be considered for Europe imo.

18. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Yuki Abe signed for Leicester City when he was 29 and I wouldn't call that move a disaster but a pretty good time for him. Age isn't a problem for older players - it's a matter for the young ones who would like to succeed in the pro European football rather than simply be there.

Dax, Samurai Warrior and naopon repped this.
  19. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just take him for Iran and be done with.

20. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    You need 1-2 seasons to get used to foreign environment and then from there, spend your prime testing yourself in a higher level. 21-23 years old is just nice, you will not be considered old by European clubs for someone with no European experience.

21. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    25 too old for Europe? you serious Gordon?

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kagawa didn't need a month to get used and neither Nagatomo. There is no math to "getting used". As it was already said, age is not an issue, even Maeda had a trial at west ham two years ago.

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg