Official 2013 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by And G, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    I think ever since Musha left, most of Belle's first-choice centre-backs were actually fullbacks, so I would love to see Yano come to Belle and Tsuhako or Yasuda moving wide again (and Kado back in midfield). But it seems unlikely.

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Close win by Napoli Carpisa Yamamay vs Mozzanica by 1-0, final result.

Emi Yamamoto played all the 90' (I am not sure which number she was wearing, the radio commentator didn't list the numbers when he read the line-ups at the beginning of the match; I suppose I'll have to wait for video-highlights for that :giggle:), but no goals for Emi today, so the 1 goal per match ratio is drifting away... :(

Napoli had at least one clear chance for 2-0 in 2nd half, but they also ran some risks, so the result seems fair. Now they share 5th position with Riviera di Romagna.

The radio comment in second half got less and less serious, with all kinds of people crowding the media-booth... :rolleyes: Well, it was the first radio-comment at all on Napoli's site, but there were... how can i say? some less professional moments. Then they regained composure towards the end of the match.

Usual Napoli's 2nd half with fouls and fights... :cautious: But in the end the commentator said that they had a surprise-cake for an opponent player who had her birthday today. :giggle:

Lechus7 and Moukoko repped this.
  3. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nojima probably called her up pretty quickly. She's from Kanagawa, she studied at Kanagawa University, and they could certainly afford to employ her. A newly-promoted side looking to make an impression could do a lot worse than taking on a World Cup winner (within reason).

KAPIJXM and Moukoko repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile, as I mentioned, I was watching DFB-Hallenpokal, with sound turned-off. 1.FFC Turbine Potsdam won the tournament but there was no trace of Yuki!!! What's up with her? Injured? :confused:
    Any news? Anything was said in the comment? Micol? o_O

5. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  6. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Lots of potential but unfortunately not a title contender. A team like Urawa should aim for the title every season. Even with the progress of the young players, I get the feeling that they have gone backwards in terms of squad strength. I hope they are not going to be the team that always have potential but only talk about the next season.

Moukoko repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, for sure they wanted to be radical... Dropping Yamago, Yano, Tsuchihashi, Niwata, Yanagita and Arakawa, all at once, was probably exceedingly bold... They could have managed the generational turn-over in a more gradual way.
    Sasaki himself said that the young players have great potential, but they aren't up to the older players yet.

Well, what can we say? Maybe it's a revolution that will bear its results 2-3 seasons from now. Or maybe the youngsters will surprise us and they will be more solid than we think, who knows.

It's going to be a quite interesting season anyway... I am not so sure if INAC can be so completely dominating this year, unless they sign a good reliable DF to make up for Kinga's absence, as the president promised...

Anyway, the fact that Urawa is the "young" team makes it quite lovable, but the drop of the veterans (Arakawa in particular) makes easier for me to change allegiance, like I announced some months ago: my team for 2013 season will be the Shark-Minako Ito-Yui Narumiya-propelled Vegalta Sendai Ladies!!! :p

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  8. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Well maybe I will watch it tomorrow.
    But the word "confirm" means that I would already suspect Michigami is the best, and would find proof by watching it. But when have I ever seen Michigami play well?
    Supposing we had watched the Toki v Junshin game, but without knowing any names, and then suddenly we had to pick 11 players (out of the 25 or 26 who played, including subs) for the purpose of starting in an important Young N international event. On that day, would Michigami be among the 11 players chosen?
    Perhaps one or two of the Challenge League teams will list your blog in its links of interest. Or a fan-site, if the teams have one.

9. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Its still crowded in DF because Kohata was a reliable. Also I would include Kishkawa? She is listed as a MF but has a history of playing DF. By the way, what is the difference in your defintions of 'full-back' and 'centre-back'? I like to use 'wing-back'.
    Do you mean that he expressed surprise at the retirements? And even doubt as to their wisdom?
    Also, I am confused - the name 'Tsuchihashi', is this distinct from 'Dobayashi', or is that a 'googe-translate' error? For example, Kohata's name 高畑志帆 translates as "Takahata". In any case, the Urawa #2 was a very strong wing-back who created many goals.
    Proof that its an unhappy move. In addition to Yano, the #8 Niwata was not a wonderful MF, but was superb in dead-ball situations. I think their average age is 27 so it cannot be easy. Its possible though that Urawa is just trying to survive.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile, after today's important win, next match for Yamamoto-propelled Napoli will be an home clash vs top-of-the-rankings Torres CF, on the 26th of january.
    I will be mostly out that week-end, so I won't follow the match live, but I doubt that Napoli can get a good result out of it. Torres is the equivalent of INAC in Italian League: in this season, out of 17 matches so far, they won 16 and drew just 1. :rolleyes: They play the "historical" bomber of Italian NT in the last years, Patrizia Panico. In the first leg of the League they won 3-0 vs Napoli.
    It is true that in this season Napoli never lost an home match yet: so they could maybe aim for a sensational draw? It would be as big as Okayama Yunogo Belle forcing a draw with INAC in 2012 season...
    Well, we're going to see. I'd like them to win with a Yamamoto's goal, obv. :giggle:

11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I couldn't watch, but if Yuki got little playing time at the indoors tournament today it was because she had a cold this week. Didn't sound serious. In any case, Potsdam won the tournament (and best goalie, best player and top scorer). :thumbsup:

blissett repped this.
  12. Wavester

Wavester Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Shark sighting at a game show:

[​IMG]

#5nadeshikofan, blissett and KAPIJXM repped this.
  13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Yes, agree! I think they will struggle at the back.
    Well she just posted on YT about another indoors event HERE

blissett repped this.
  14. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Yes, that was last weekend, where she was awarded MVP.

blissett repped this.
  15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    If you have never seen her play well, this might be the best chance.
    I dare to say Every Tokiwagi's opponent except Fujieda in this tournament lost mainly due to her individual talent.
    I think the rain much helped Fujieda in the view of the lack of Michigami's threat.

16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Kishikawa. Could be.
    It seems to be an double error. If you read the first Chinese letter "Do", the next one should be "bashi" not "bayashi". What a mess!:D

17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I have some doubt that everyone is thinking this many retirements happened only from the club's lead.
    Is it really reliable? Isn't it just a guess?

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, in fact it is.
    It just felt strange that all of sudden all the players in their 30s or late 20s decided to retire or transfer all at once. I mean, if it were 2-3 of them, it could be a casual coincidence of individual decisions, but if 6 of them go away it looks like it just can't be coincidental: you are led to think that they decided it collectively for some reason, or, more simply, that it was a decision made by the club (or strongly pushed by the club).
    So yes, it's a guess, but an educated guess, I think, isn't it? o_O

19. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    She says she's better already.
    yukicold.jpg

KAPIJXM, blissett and unepomme repped this.
  20. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Belle's update on players who have left only mentions the two we already knew about (Shigemoto Shiho and Nakamura Miki) so maybe no more will now leave. Many team meetings and announcements later today.

Someone recommended me to the readers of the Japan Times, someone here?

The Japan Times, the Yomiuri Shimbun and the Asahi Shimbun are the three big English newspapers here in Japan. None of them cover the Nadeshiko League, and only very rarely cover the national team.

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  21. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    A full-back is a wide defender, especially in a backline of four. This seems to have originated with the 2-3-5 (pyramid) formation where the two defenders were known as fullbacks, and when the centre-half (the central player in the "midfield" bank of three) was dropped into the backline for additional defensive protection, the fullbacks were pushed wide. This is why in English and English-dominated football, centre-backs are also known as centre-halves and the numbering of the backline is usually (from right to left) 2-5-6-3, as opposed to the internationally more common 2-3-4-5 which was made popular by Ajax if I'm not mistaken. (For some reason the South Americans like to give their left-back the number 6 instead.)

A wing-back, on the other hand, is a wide player who is expected to cover both the winger and full-back positions all by himself and is in general the only one to provide width on that wing. Because of this, teams fielding wing-backs practically always also field three centre-backs behind them. Whether wing-backs are considered part of the defence or part of the midfield is a purely academic question. In this picture, Piszczek and Großkreutz are the wing-backs in a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 formation:

[​IMG]

Wing-backs as part of a backline of four are very rare, for example in a 4-4-2 with a narrow midfield diamond (a 4-1-2-1-2) but are practically always made possibly by a defensive midfielder dropping into the backline as a third centre-back (Brazil, Barcelona). Fullbacks in a flat 4-4-2 are never wing-backs because they have actual wingers playing in front of them.

If you're interested in the evolution of football, I recommend Jonathan Wilson's Inverting the Pyramid. Also, the "general articles" section of ZM has some excellent posts, such as this one. There's even an interesting article on the 2011 WWC final, so check it out.

joelps, blissett and unepomme repped this.
  22. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I searched for that here on Amazon Japan. The original imported book is 1,460 yen, the Japanese translation is 4,200 yen.

23. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    Yes, he was surprised to hear their retirement and saying they still can be a main player at most teams.

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly(because of my English problem), but her name Kanji can read as "Dobashi", it's also common name. Or possibility can read "Dohashi" , "Dokyo" or "Tsuchibashi".. but these sounds bit strange name to me.

24. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Using Google Translate for names is the quickest route to madness - although a certain other women's football website doesn't seem to mind:
    takahata.jpg

blissett and Virany repped this.
  25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I think there may be the other possibilities like, for example, some chain reaction...or they didn't properly absorb the current drastic change like media coverages or so...
    But, anyway since it's just another guess, I will stop this argument.