Official 2013 Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Dec 2, 2012.

1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Finally some good news (sorry couldn't resist)

3. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No random kick the ball into the penalty area

works for me ;)

4. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    OK but why No replacement? If Otsu can be called than let's Nagai too... Just joking ;P

5. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Stuck with Maeda forever, fck.

Whispered11 repped this.
  6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Would personally pick Maeda infront of Mike any day at least for now.

Why the hack did you have to go to Southampton Lee...

7. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not worried about the fowards, but the dynamic duo back there.

8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    A stupid question: if this will be the starting team for Brazil 2014 what will be, at june 2014, the average age on the field for Japan?

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Use your pocket calculator.

OneiroPhobia, Godzillaradio and AKITOD repped this.
  10. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    nobody knows that straight off the top of their head so if anybody was to answer they'd have to do the work that you may as well do.

11. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    To echo what others have said, the degree of consistency among Zac's squads really is amazing/scary. If you compare the starting squad from the Asian Cup final two years to the probable starting eleven on Wednesday, 10/11 slots will likely be the same, the exception being Jungo Fujimoto who started on the wings in place of an injured Kagawa.

The JNT has definitely gotten good post-World Cup, but not so good that Zac shouldn't more aggressively experiment. I feel like there may be one or two hidden gems that have gone uncovered due to Zac's conservatism.

12. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    shouldn't someone start a Japan vs Latvia match thread by now? game is tomorrow? So are the overseas squad members there yet? I read about Mike, but I don't mind too much. I rather prefer Maeda in front.

13. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Anyway, two things come to my mind watching Xerox Supercup:
    a) why Aoyama isn't on JNT? He's the perfect replacement for Endo.
    b) Sato must be on squad. Even as reserve, he's too talented; i don't care if he'll be 32 in 2014, he's a ********ing boss.

GunnerTNB repped this.
  14. Don_Johnson

Don_Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Who do we have in the fold at leftback now that nagatomo is gone(besides Komano). I know Makino can play lb but are there Any other capable LBs that are proven? Doctors say nagatomo is out for the 2013 calendar year, maybe longer. So we have time to experiment.

15. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We have like a bazillion side backs. Don't worry.

Whispered11 repped this.
  16. Don_Johnson

Don_Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We have a bazillion quality right backs. Left backs, not so much. After komano, there is a steep drop off in quality.

17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He's out for a month maybe two if unlucky, not the whole season or 2013 at all...

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    About half of them are good on either side.

19. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Gotuko Sakai proved during his appearances with the NT that he is a potent alternative.
    So don't worry;)

Whispered11 repped this.
  20. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I expect a call for Kudo or Toyoda. I like Tosu's striker more than Kashiwa's one, but they're both deserving attention.

21. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I would say dont expect too much. Perhaps after they have qualified. I would love to see some new options in the ST position being tried out.
    I would love to see them trying out some central midfielders as well
    I would love to see him try out someone next to Yoshida

And then if mid season some players are in really good form, I would expect him to give them a chance as well just to create a competition and let everybody know that their place in NT is not a given.

As far as I am concerned ST spot is far from 100% in fact it is up for the grabbing.
    MC spot, I would absolutely love to see some options being tried out, like Gaku Shibasaki or for all I care give some playing time to Hideto if he is called up all the time
    And I Daisuke Suzuki in defense but somewhat I think MC and DC wont change much but as far as forward position goes that one should be given for a trial to several guys

22. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    most important for Zac Japan is to qualify, so while he may experiment with Canada, but for sure, he would need to go all out against Jordan, his best available starting XI. the next qualifers match is June 4, against Australia at home, If things didn't go their way against Jordan, they wouldn't take this one easy as well.

23. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Whatever happens, I hope Japan goes at Australia with full force when the Aussies travel.. I don't care about the other games, but this one is very important to keep Iraq alive in the race for second spot..

What do you think?

24. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If they're qualified they probably won't play at full pace. Not cause they won't want to or anything, but cause they won't have anything to really play for so there won't be the sense or urgency. So for example winning in priority no longer is above something like escaping injury, so players may not put their asses on the line as much. Whereas Australia then will still be playing for qualification at this point.

I expect a full strength lineup but not a top quality performance, though I'd love to be wrong. I hope their desire to beat Australia again will get them motivated enough.

I don't know what the result would be and I'd rather Japan play full force but I'm not expecting it.
    The way Japan played immediately after qualifying the 3rd round is testament to this.

Suren01 repped this.
  25. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Maybe let Kagawa come back to Manchester and use Inui and/or Kiyotake and try some new but really interesting options on defence, midfields and attack. It will be not a "full force" as you meant but maybe a surprising dynamic force useful to beat the aussie's ass more than the 1st team that's a bit overwhelmed of old geezers.

Whispered11 repped this.