Official 2013 Big Soccer US Player Draft Picking Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Balerion, Jan 21, 2013.

1. MI-Soccerfan

MI-Soccerfan Member+

Jan 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the next pick, I will select

[​IMG]

Mike Magee

Magee will slot in on the left wing for our team. He is a great fit for the team we are building and he will be able to get into the box and score some goals while also providing good service for us. Magee is not a flashy player, but he is solid and consistent

2. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the 91st overall pick and their eighth overall, Real Soccer FC selects Chad Marshall.

[​IMG]

Marshall was a dark horse candidate for the CB spot before Cameron and Gonzalez stepped up their games/stopped having knee problems. A solid center back that will have a lengthy career in the MLS and probably would have ruled the USMNT backline had he been born ten years early. Also is a bada$$ mother who don't take no crap off of nobody.

3. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    With its eighth pick, The Darned United selects defender A.J. DeLaGarza of the LA Galaxy.
    [​IMG]

Time to trot out the old cliche about the size of the fight in the dog. But in DeLaGarza's case, it isn't as much a question of being feisty as being quick and in position and able to read the game, so he always seems to get to the ball first. He's been very effective at center back as well as either outside back slot, and he has earned multple US call-ups and caps.

1. Fabian Johnson
    2. Terrence Boyd
    3. Juan Agudelo
    4. Chris Rolfe
    5. Michael Farfan
    6. Brad Evans
    7. Michael Orozco Fiscal
    8. AJ DeLaGarza

4. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On my phone in another country for the weekend so bare with me.

Corey Ashe

Houston Dynamo

Gives me the starting left back on the team which has made mls cup two years running. Gives me defense and pace in attacking support, which is always what I want in a full-back. So happy with my defense make-up.

---------------------gk----------------------

-Lichaj-------Onyewu--Parke----------Ashe-

-----------------Beckerman-----------------

----RM------------Torres---------------LM-

-------------Altidore---Bunbury-------------

5. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With our 9th selection, Deportivo Vejete select our second Championship League Defender, Zac Whitbread of Leicester City.

Here are a couple of photos of Zac from the Vejete school of defending:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a graduate of the Vejete driving academy:

The 6'2" English trained central defender is very fierce and an exceptional header of the ball. He has helped Leicester rise to 2nd in the Championship, in line for promotion this season. Although his health concerns have been a bit of a concern in the past, we believe he is an outstanding compliment to our fine squad.

--------------Gordon-------------------------
    --EJ---------Donovan---------Bedoya------
    ------Clark-------------Edu-----------------
    ---x----Ream--------Whitbread------x----
    --------------GK-----------------------------
    Vejetes currently lining up in a 4-2-3-1.

6. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I have to be honest, with the next pick of the US Draft I had kind of planned on going in a completely different direction. HOWEVER, I look at the draft board and I can't fathom how this guy is still available. He is coming off quite frankly his best season in MLS and yet he still dropped a round for some reason.

Oh yeah, he is also still 25 years old. There is also a pretty decent amount of players on the board who play this position, but like previous rounds I am going to go with the player that I truly enjoy watching play and I do think he is better than the other guys below him on the board. Last year he racked up a whopping 7 Assists from his position and was a huge part of one of the league's best defenses. I also think he is an absolutely perfect fit next to Demerit and behind Gaven which I don't think is true for some of the other players left on the board.

So with the next pick of the US Draft, I am going to select - Chance Myers - RB - Sporting KC.

[​IMG]

The team:
    1. General Bradley
    2. Super Wondo
    3. Chris PartyBoy Pontius
    4. Eddie The Keeper" Gaven
    5. Perry the Kitchen Sink
    6. Austin "Rookie of the Year" Berry
    7. Jay "The Story" Demerit
    8. Chance Myers (Anyone got a nickname?)

7. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My next pick is Nick LaBrocca.

[​IMG]

There aren't many CMs left on the board that I would feel good about plugging into my starting XI. LaBrocca fits the bill as a player who can pair well with Jeff Larentowicz. While he's not a true attacking midfielder, he'll add some offensive ability to the midfield partnership.

1. Clint Dempsey
    2. Matt Besler
    3. Will Bruin
    4. Edgar Castillo
    5. Tim Howard
    6. Jeff Larentowicz
    7. Bobby Wood
    8. Nick LaBrocca

8. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll kick off the ninth round with Sean Franklin.

[​IMG]

I coveted Chance Myers with this pick, but what are you going to do? Sean Franklin is a solid consolation prize. He's one of the better RBs in MLS and that's not going to change in 2013.

1. Clint Dempsey
    2. Matt Besler
    3. Will Bruin
    4. Edgar Castillo
    5. Tim Howard
    6. Jeff Larentowicz
    7. Bobby Wood
    8. Nick LaBrocca
    9. Sean Franklin

9. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Well, I have a bunch of tall players that can pass the ball well, so I do feel like I have the size thing covered. That frees up my team to take a chance on its next pick a bit. While I am not entirely convinced this guy is "national" team material --- he got a call up as part of Camp Cupcake and is another player who I don't get why he is still available, but its good news for me. So with the next in the US Draft, I am going to go with another speedy winger capable of quality attacking play. I select Connor Lade - LB - NY Red Bulls.

[​IMG]

Connor applauds my selection.

Personally, he is another good fit for my team. With Pontius, Bradley, Wondo, and Gaven --- I have capable finishers (especially in the air) so those guys on the receiving end of crossing from Myers and Lade should make my attack very lethal. Further, the pick gives me a ton of flexibility as if I prefer a left back with my next pick, I can scoop him up and move Lade to Left mid and Pontius to forward.

The team:
    1. General Bradley
    2. Super Wondo
    3. Chris PartyBoy Pontius
    4. Eddie The Keeper" Gaven
    5. Perry the Kitchen Sink
    6. Austin "Rookie of the Year" Berry
    7. Jay "The Story" Demerit
    8. You've Got No Chance Myers
    9. Connor "The mighty midget" Lade

deuteronomy repped this.
  10. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With our 9th Round pick, the the 99th selection of the Draft, Deportivo Vejete selects:

Seth Sinovic

Left back from Sporting KC.

[​IMG]

Among the top left backs in MLS according to many analysts, including Soccer America's Ridge Mahoney, Sinovic gives us a fast left flank player just entering his prime playing years. With Clark and Edu providing veteran, rangy cover, we see Sinovic marauding down the flanks and causing trouble for opposing teams. Take a look at his cracker of a goal in last year's playoffs:

And we couldn't resist the pull of the recent run on left backs!

Deportivo Vejete through 9 rounds:
    1. Landon Donovan
    2. Eddie Johnson
    3. Maurice Edu
    4. Alejandro Bedoya
    5. Alan Gordon
    6. Ricardo Clark
    7. Tim Ream
    8. Zak Whitbread
    9. Seth Sinovic

11. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back to the midfield, and being honest, even with a murky club situation, I'm surprised this guy is still here.

Robbie Rogers

Right-wing

On my phone so nothing too imdepth. Basically I think he needs to get his butt back to MLS and tear shit up, and if he does, I have a total steal here.

12. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    With its ninth pick, The Darned United selects forward Conor Casey of the Philadelphia Union.

[​IMG]

As with Sean's pick, I'm drafting a player who's simply too talented to be on the board right now. In 2012, he was still struggling to recover from his shredded Achilles, but this year he should be back to full health. And if I need to move Agudelo to the wing to squeeze Conor Casey into my starting line-up, perhaps that's what I'll do.

1. Fabian Johnson
    2. Terrence Boyd
    3. Juan Agudelo
    4. Chris Rolfe
    5. Michael Farfan
    6. Brad Evans
    7. Michael Orozco Fiscal
    8. A.J. DeLaGarza
    9. Conor Casey

13. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With their ninth pick Real Soccer FC selects Dilly Duka of the Columbus Crew/Chicago Fire (depending on when you read this).

[​IMG]

Duka is a two-footed twenty-three year old that can play anywhere in the midfield. Duka only missed the Olympic cut because of an injury and, baring no health problems, he is set for a breakout year in either Chicago or Columbus. Also can grow a soccer ball out of his forehead and has the coolest name in the MLS.

joe cleats repped this.
  14. MI-Soccerfan

MI-Soccerfan Member+

Jan 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My selection is Sheanon Williams

[​IMG]

This selection gives us youth on the back line. Williams really came on towards the end of last year , and I expect him to have a great season this year.

15. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With my next pick in the draft, I select:

Robbie Findley

[​IMG]

Robbie is back with RSL after a disappointing stint in England. Even though his time England didn't go too well, he's still a quality forward in MLS and being back in a familiar place could bring out the best in him. For my team, Robbie will either partner Sapong up top in a 4-4-2, or one of them will be on the wing in a 4-3-3.

1. Graham Zusi
    2. Stuart Holden
    3. Dax McCarty
    4. CJ Sapong
    5. George John
    6. Heath Pearce
    7. Alfredo Morales
    8. Lee Nguyen
    9. Robbie Findley

16. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With my 9th pick I select...

[​IMG]

Jack Jewsbury.

So far I have
    1. Danny Williams
    2. Herculez Gomez
    3. Carlos Bocanegra
    4. Michael Parkhurst
    5. Kelyn Rowe
    6. Davy Arnaud
    7. Jack McInerney
    8. Tony Beltran
    9. Jack Jewsbury

17. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I select Juan Pablo Ocegueda for my next pick.
    [​IMG]
    A left back prospect, which we are highly in need of, currently with the U-20's, I highly think he will be involved in the future, as soon as his club situation ends, I really think he will feature with the Senior team really soon.

18. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    With the 11th pick of the 9th round (83rd overall) I select Freddy Adu.

[​IMG]

At this point there's so little attacking talent remaining that I'm willing to take a chance on Adu. Undoubtedly a talented player, if Adu finds the right club situation this year perhaps he could get his career back on track.

19. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    With my 9th pick I select Brian Carroll

[​IMG]

I really need a D-Mid, and Carroll has been one of the best in the MLS for a long time. He does a great job of reading the game and breaking up attacks.

20. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    And with my 10th pick Chris Wingert( on phone)

21. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    With the 2nd pick of the 10th round (110th overall) I select Ned Grabavoy.

[​IMG]

Grabavoy is a tidy, versatile player who is a regular piece of a consistently strong RSL team. I feel that he is one of the more talented midfield players remaining and he fills a need on my team.

22. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Todd Dunivant is my next pick. Dunivant adds a physical spark to the game, yet another tower defender, at 6' 0.

[​IMG]

23. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With my 10th pick I select...

[​IMG]

Brandon McDonald

1. Danny Williams
    2. Herculez Gomez
    3. Carlos Bocanegra
    4. Michael Parkhurst
    5. Kelyn Rowe
    6. Davy Arnaud
    7. Jack McInerney
    8. Tony Beltran
    9. Jack Jewbury
    10. Brandon McDonald

24. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With my next pick in the draft, I select:

Chris Schuler

[​IMG]

With Olave off to RBNY, the center back spot next to Borchers looks to be Schulers. He's shown to be a very good center back and I think he could turn in to one the top defenders in MLS.

25. MI-Soccerfan

MI-Soccerfan Member+

Jan 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will select Will Packwood

[​IMG]

Packwood is a young center back, with loads of potential. He has already found himself in and out of the starting 11 for Birmingham City in the championship. Anyone you talk to raves about his potential and while he may not contribute to the Nats this year, he looks to have the talent to be a big time contributor in the next few years. He also will pair well next to Birmingham city teammate Jonathan Spector.

My team:
    Jermaine Jones
    Sacha Kljestan
    Joe corona
    Clarence Goodson
    Jonathan Spector
    Conor O'Brien
    Edson Buddle
    Mike Magee
    Sheanon Williams
    Will Packwood