Official 2013 Big Soccer US Player Draft Organizational Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Mr Martin, Jan 11, 2013.

1. MI-Soccerfan

MI-Soccerfan Member+

Jan 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread but one of the things that is VERY VERY VERY helpful, is after you make your selection please private message the next person to pick letting them know they are on the clock. It really helps with alerting people that it is their turn and keep things moving. Most of the problem we had last year resulted from when someone did not receive a pm

joe cleats and Mr Martin repped this.
  2. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES. This is crucial. It may even be in the rules (I'll make sure it is when I reprint the rules for the draft thread).

Under the current version of BigSoccer, I think private messaging is called "starting a conversation". Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, you're correct.

4. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Martin, are you going to start the Draft Pick thread or shall I?

We should also get a Discussion thread going, too.

5. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you would like to volunteer to set up the draft pick thread and/or the draft discussion thread, that would be great! I was going to do it later today, but your assistance would be very helpful. I don't particularly want to be responsible for all the setup and coordination by myself, though I'm happy to help gets things underway.

Ask a moderator of US Mens to sticky those new threads.

6. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay. I'll set both up tonight when I make my pick -- I'm going to get the ball rolling a little early because I won't have much time in the morning and I don't want the draft to start off on the wrong foot. The #2 pick's window can start at 8am to make things fair, but in practice the first round should move along quickly.

7. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good to me.

8. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    I'm finding this as suspenseful as a spectator as it was as a participant. Good luck to all the drafters.

9. MI-Soccerfan

MI-Soccerfan Member+

Jan 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to participate as a partner again, I would be excited to have you on board

10. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope I'm on between 3-5pm when I'm not as busy, assuming every drafter has a time range...

11. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    I don't have the time this year to really participate, but would be happy to serve as an éminence grise if you would like to bounce some ideas off me.

12. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would you be interested in acting as a neutral to decide issues like when a player is or is not eligible for the US Draft? Teams could also message you for a private evaluation if they have questions before making a pick?

13. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Private opinion on player eligibility? Sure. I think I understand the rule we have operated under, especially in light of the Josh Saunders precedent from last year.

soccersubjectively and Mr Martin repped this.
  14. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May I post on the two Draft threads that you are willing to take on such a neutral arbiter role?

15. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    sure

soccersubjectively repped this.