Official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Micol, Jan 3, 2012.

1. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nori says that Sawa has high skills to take the ball and can deliver it forward swiftly.
    Sawa says that Sakaguchi always looks see Sawa's position with the care of the team balance.
    She says that these two encounters lifted her to a new height.

2. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is a reaction to the scandal about some scam which made the headlines a few days ago, I believe.

Regarding stalkers, I think there is a sphere of privacy which has to be respected even if the person in question is a public person. About what we talked about, fans gathered around Sawa's home at one stage after the WC... which is clearly a border which mustn't be exceeded.

3. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great video!!! I think someone else said on this thread that Sakaguchi gets more impressive each time we see her in these interviews. I get that she shys from the media and it shows in how she dresses for the interview! I am sure she did it for her friend Sawa. The understated Sakaguchi is emerging as a critical player for this team. In the US we use the term "Lunch Pail" player to describe these kinds of players. Fits with Sawa's mantra of team solidarity!!

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I always said that. I am not sure if you were around when we were debating Olympic qualifier matches in september 2011 on this thread, but we were giving grades to players and I always noticed how crucial Sakaguchi is for Nadeshiko team, although she is often undervalued. You say "lunch pail" (and I am grateful 'cause you make me learn a new idiom :D), I had used a phrase in my native language (I am italian): "una vita da mediano" ("a mid-back's life"), that's the title of a famous song dedicated to italian male midfielder Gabriele Oriali; he played in the italian National Team that won 1982 WC in Spain, and he seemed quite obscure, compared to other big names in that team (Paolo Rossi, Zoff, Scirea, Tardelli, etc.), but he was absolutely key for the team as a defensive midfielder. So an italian singer (called Ligabue) dedicated this song to him and to all the persons, in football and in life, who work as often-overlooked "mid-backs", but who are the ones letting the big stars do their job...

Is Sowater still around? Because there is another pic with Sameshima and Uchida, chatting apart from everyone else (except Yuki Nagasato, but she's obviusly playing the chaperon here, since she's already married :D):

[​IMG]

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, Kawasumi and Tanaka started giving me the photos I was asking for indeed... :D

[​IMG]

6. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Yes, I finished watching the video, it was really worth it :)
    I haven't followed the matches in Nadeshiko League, but I could get a detailed overview of the 2011 season and got to know a lot more regarding the teams.

Indeed a very interesting video. I was wondering if Sawa played as an offensive midfielder before switching to a more defensive role. So this video confirmed my suspects. The interesting point is that she still managed to score a lot!

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, it's quite sad: it seems like Montpellier just can't manage to win against the three big clubs of the league (OL, Juvisy and PSG) and so it's now 4th... :(

Watching at the scorers' rankings, I've got the feeling that what MHSC is missing is especially a forward granting an higher number of goals and scoring also in big matches. Is Marie-Laure Delie injured? Cause I didn't seem to see her on the pitch in your gallery...

9. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No injury, she played all the game !
    It's our big problem, our best forward can't score, hard to win in this condition...
    In half of season she scored less than before (she proved can score 18).
    2008/2009 17 (gave qualification for C1)
    2009/2010 18 (+4 in 8 games of C1)
    2010/2011 14 (no trophy for mhsc)
    2011/2012 3 (after 10 game)

10. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Kyra, I think you still have the wrong link even though you pasted over it.

So wondering is any of these players impressed you much? And did you get into any group photos, like last year?

Well here is a video of my favorite team in winter. Wonder if Aya hopes to match INAC next year? Usually though at this time some L-league players are "retired" forever - has anyone heard of any?

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The strange thing in this video is that Aya seems to keep repeating her own name in the interview (I heard her say "Miyama Aya" at least four times): why this? :confused: Can some japanese friend explain? Does Aya talk about herself in the third person, like Julius Caesar? :D

You mean like INAC's Miwa Yonetsu? They normally choose this time of the year to announce their retirement?

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile, Kawasumi and Tanaka are back from South Africa and, if I get it right, they go to a talk show and tell their adventure with a cheetah (see pic below). :D
    What that number 15 towards the end of the show means? :confused:

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/user/moukoko24#p/u/0/Vt1xabCHvJM

14. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Mumf, yes Narumiya Yui is great!
    She is like a snake on the pitch, she is quick and very good response, a real number ten.

I took video during the friendly game agains't men youth team friday, you will can watch somes of them in action, they stay here 1 week so i will try to take somes stuff everyday~

Lyon was in contact for a FW Japanese players, Yokayama and Otaki was purposed and they choose Otaki for a test (maybe because she scored agains't France at Universiade 2011).
    The test was good and Lyon plan to sign, Ami Otaki will back to Lyon soon for sure.

Nadeshiko U20 (Tanaka,Kyokawa,Nakada...) will come soon for friendly game in France at Clairefontaine agains't France.
    A youth Shizuoka team will come at Montpellier in March for a friendly game agains't my team.

All information took today from Mr Motegi

mhsc vs juvisy highlight:
    http://info.francetelevisions.fr/vi...5012012194336_F3&timecode=501&endtimecode=764

15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Belle announced 9 players leave the team.
    Yanai and Hosaka will go to Jef and Okita will work exclusively on Sakuyo high school soccer team.
    I don't know what the other members - Musya, Akiba, Tsuboi, Tabata, Rie Nakagawa and Nishikawa - will do.

17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I think this video is repeating the same interview several times.
    She says that She wants to play in a distinctive way so that anyone who sees the game can readily recognize her thinking that is Aya Miyama.

18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    They stayed at a lodge in a safari park.
    When they got out of the room in the morning, they were amazed and scared at finding a cheetah there.
    Then later the janitor told them it was a pet.

About the number 15:
    It was kind of a survey quiz.
    You name some number which you guess how many audiences of 100 will fit your question.

Kawasumi's question is how many of them were born in September and her guess is 9 people, because her jersey number is 9 and she was born in September.

But the result was 15.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's REALLY impressive. JFA Fukushima academy seems really an elite football academy, a step higher any other school of that kind in the world. I like that: it forecasts something like a dozen years of Nadeshiko Japan's dominance in women's football... :D

Just a question. If the academy is based in Fukushima (at least, I guess it is, given the name), how can it keep regularly operating, given that Fukushima was the epicenter of the nuclear plant disaster? :confused:

So two Leonessa meet a cheetah: a feline meeting... :D
    (I guess you all know that "Leonessa" means "Lioness" in italian).

Did all of you read this article, that I posted in one of the Ballon d'Or threads, about Sawa needing the help of two persons to dress in kimono and make up for the Gala? ^__^

http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/item/183801-japan-skippers-tale-to-look-good-at-ballon-dor

20. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes and don't forget they don't have Narumiya Yui in their roster.
    Today again i saw her and it's look like if you watch a little Japanese version of Ronaldinho !
    Her moves are so quick and elegance with the ball , you will see all this in my videos reports.
    I am so exiting to imagine the future of the Nadeshiko Japan in 3 years with all this youth players.

Next time i will interview head coach so somes have questions for him?

21. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I had been hearing about Yui Narumiya since the 2011 AFC U-16 Women's Championship, where She and Japan went undefeated and She won the MVP. I hadn't seen her play, but am very intrigued. She follow the examples of her seniors and Captain Homare Sawa. She is also very cute from one of the pictures I found.
    I also hope to see her in action, awaiting your video reports.

I hadn't been able to catch up, many of the posts seem confusing, so is she in france on trial or with JFA on training?

22. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yes only for one week with montpellier after they will try PSG & Juvisy for the second week.
    Hard to say if level is better because it's not a direct opposition with French players, exemple tonigh she used Narumiya alone mixed with French players agains't another team with the 4 others.

The rest of group is in Florida.

23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    UnePomme - I guess it is true - http://www.yunogo-belle.com/modules/cms/pub_content_detail.php?id=157&stat=0

I am shocked and disturbed. It looks as if the entire DF line except Yuka Kado is leaving. And also Rie Nakagawa who is only 24, she is the clown on the L-league, and a good player too.

This is not "retirement" - either the club has decided they are not good enough (in which case, how can they be replaced?), or the players have found things to be intolerable, including perhaps the absence of any payment. Its also possible that their real jobs are not paying, I am sure the economy is depressed following the tsunami.

Is it possible to learn more? Very sad.

24. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ho i forgot to tell you but sunday at game agains't Juvisy Matsubayashi Miku (Beleza) was here for little holiday trip like last year.

25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    They temporarily moved to Shizuoka prefecture after the disaster, and were accepted in the local school.