Official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Micol, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    From JFA site,

Sasaki:

“Against the United States, we will be able to see how we are doing at the moment,”

“We have been working here on the parts of our game we realized we had to work on after the Algarve Cup,” Sasaki said. “I want to see our players move the ball better in our build-up and improve the quality of our game offensively and defensively.
    “This is a cup tournament and we will play for a win against the United States and Brazil (on April 5 in Kobe). It will give our players good experience and help us raise our game more than we were able to do in the Algarve Cup.”

Sundhage:

“It’s very important for this team to play games and it couldn’t be better than to play against two really good teams. We are ready for tomorrow’s game.”

“I don’t think we are connecting as well as we expect to do in the Olympics because we are still building up the team for the Olympic tournament.
    “We need to be more aggressive than when we played against Japan in the Algarve Cup, and in order to be successful defensively we need to keep the ball. The more we keep the ball the better chance we will have to score goals. Then we don’t have to defend against a technical team like Japan.”

“Japan have always been a technical team. They are a much more physical team today with lots of tactical things going on. That is the biggest difference from the past.
    “What I think is interesting in terms of the World Cup and today is that they continue with their technical style and are very organized defensively.”
    “It’s good for the women’s game the fact that Japan is the best team in the world and they are technical. I really appreciate that. They are loyal to their game plan. It’s good for this team that we have something to prove at a time when we will play Japan.”

http://www.jfa.or.jp/eng/topics/2012/94.html

There's a couple of interview's as well on JFA TV

2. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    They were notified for the first time that they could meet with the Barcelona players on the next day; Ohno says, "I want Puyol to carry me in his arms.":D

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sundhage asking for a possession-oriented football?? :eek:

Wow, Japan really turned the world around... :D

I can't wait for tomorrow's match, people, really!

Please, let's throw a couple of good feeds early, tomorrow: I'd like not to miss a single minute of the match.

4. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    BS Fuji will air it every week.

http://www.bsfuji.tv/inac_tv/

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Kick off is what... 10.30 GMT?

6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    So this might be the time we all give our predictions of the final rankings of this year's Nadeshiko League, maybe after the Kirin Challenge Cup.

What do you think, blissett?

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I actually think it should be 11:30 GMT, unless, for some reason, daylight savings didn't start yet in GMT... :confused:

It should be 12:30 CET, if I am not wrong... But I guess I'll connect an hour earlier anyway, to not run any risk... :p

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I like that :D

Now let's concentrate on the Kirin Cup, then, while we wait for the beginning of the league, april 15th, we'll throw our predictions... :D

9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    That's my cue as well (CET) and good idea (just to be on a safe side ;))

Considering INAC this upcommin season, I don't have a clear opinion 'bout the matter since I do mostly followin, having info from what You all write here bout L. League :D
    However, in my eyes INAC's got closed, extraordinary but almost hermetic team roster for now and unless new person is Abby Wambach (!!!) there's no place in the team, but... what we all know there's a talented bunch of Young Guns commin from U-teams, the youth is bangin to the door of L. League and demanding more playing time and since INAC door are closed...well, let's say that I can image some good competition against ruling champions if not this immediate season, than maybe the next.

10. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Some article says she prefers Tokyo.
    If that's the case, Nittele is the leading candidate?:)

11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    U-20 Japan 3-0 French B

Kyokawa, Kato and Michigami scored.

http://www.jfa.or.jp/national_team/topics/2012/109.html

Yoshida named Kyokawa, Shibata, Yoko Tanaka and Naomoto, saying they aggressively did what they should do.
    On the other hand, he criticized DF lines, saying they sometimes played negatively and it made dangerous situations.

12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Well I hope she doesnt injure anyone. Really they should try to get Tracey Morgan or that Casey Noguira (the very good Sky Blue forward).

Unepomme, please translate this Mami video (edit :D just SOME of the video would be enough, thanks).

Am surprised, she seems so shy compared to most of the other players.... it seems impossible she is an international soccer player. Does she have a Yuka Kado style personality ?

Also another Belle video watch Matsuoka with the header......

13. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Two weeks after moved in Yunogo, her teammates and even the coach helped her move.

She started to play soccer at 4 years old, following her brother's way.
    She feels special as a NT member.

10 questions:

1 I made the decision to Belle without hesitation.
    When she decided to play in Japan considering her knee's condition, Miyama gave her some invitation.

2 I have already got accustomed to the team.
    Kado says Mami completely turned over her preoccupied image.
    She helped Nagamachi English homework once.
    She can't cook, so first she asked if she can have a home stay.

3 I have some playing style that I want people to watch.
    4 Something in Okayama surprised me.
    It's cold.

5 In fact, I have these hobbies and special skills.
    6 I have nothing to be bad at(?) or to dislike.
    7 I prefer Japan to foreign countries.
    8 I have personal aims in this season.
    9 I have an ideal football player's image.
    10 I have a dream in my future football career.

14. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    Funny thing, Kado has said the same thing with you.^^ Kado says "I thought she is an ambitious/harsh person because she is an international player, but actually she is so mild and I like it."

15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Thank you for complementing my poor translations.
    I'm always looking forward to seeing your videos.

16. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am confused. Does this imply that all japanese girls that play overseas are normally perceived in Japan as harsh, arrogant persons? :confused:

I mean, yes, probably Yuki Nagasato sometime had put on some airs, as we've seen with the last posts, but I can't believe that for instance Ando or Utsugi are perceived as haughty persons... :confused:

18. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think Utsugi is see like this in mind of Japanese people, she talk less at tv or interview and always show someone smily.
    I prove that when i talk with her about a game she played and she ask me "and me, you think i was good?" i think haughty persons don't care about others think because they are sure they already are the best !

19. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    Hi unepomme, I'm glad if people enjoy my videos^^

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In fact that's what I meant: there are many players, like Utsugi, who aren't haughty at all, and so I was surprised that people in Japan was apparently thinking "international player = harsh person".

Moukoko, EVERYONE enjoys your videos. Really. Keep up the good work! :)

21. Moukoko

Moukoko Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kyoto, Japan
    Yes, Kado talks about that her stereotype was wrong. But I think she doesn't say international players are normally arrogant. It's hard to translate, but she used bit more positive words.

22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yup, as he said, thanks!

Hi folks! Any luck with the feed?

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess I kinda understand: it was probably more about ambition and toughness, than arrogance. Am I right?

Not yet. :(
    I find that the match is available on ESPN3, but apparently this doesn't work in Europe... Still searching...

Edit: this one seems to work... Japanese journalists are apparently already foolishing around in preparation for the match ^__^
    http://fr.justin.tv/iichichi?#/w/2851004688
    Ooooh, and also japanese commercials! Great! :D

Edit2: although here they are talking about baseball instead, it's not impossible that later the match is also visible here:
    http://fr.justin.tv/reds2021?#/w/2849684176/4

24. joelps

joelps Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They just presented Nadeshiko starting team: in the absence of Iwashimizu and Sawa, Yano will play as CB with Kumagai and Asuna Tanaka next to Sakaguchi in the MF.

Miyama and Ohno as lateral MFs, the FW are Kawasumi and Nagasato (apparently no Ando starting... [that's always a quite sad thing, although I can understand Sasaki's reasoning :(]).

Edit: obsious Kirin CM now. I guess we'll get a lot of them... ^__^

Edit: i couldn't hear which GK will play, because they came back from the commercials' block when they were already reading Kinga's name...