Official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Micol, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I was mentally crushed when Kaihori chocked at the end of Japan - Germany but let's not forget she convingly beat Solo during the final last year. I think she deserves a chance to redeem herself.

2. Bop N Cool

Bop N Cool Member

マイナビ仙台レディース
    Mar 18, 2012
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    I am sorry, i could not resist. I know you are seriously trying to offend me, but this is just hilarious. Sorry, i do not mean to have a quarel with you. It was just funny. Good job.

3. Bop N Cool

Bop N Cool Member

マイナビ仙台レディース
    Mar 18, 2012
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Thank you. Good answers on the substance. I understood well and agreed wth many things you said. A few things, which are not personal of course.
    1) A “non-offensive” statement, that mixes up estimations and facts, could cause more evils than “offensive” statements based on undistorted facts.
    2) You maintain that you want to be separated from other members and that you are not in a group. However, posts followed by yours beautifully exemplify that ostracism, mind-coalition, ad hominem attacks, and clique-building are prevalent. Critical thinking is not an attractive value for a few members here, who are already smart enough hence not needing one. Plus, you thanked (thereby implicitly solicited for) what you called “support” from the members, who made a de facto perception coalition with you. In fact there was no careful distinction between personal support and issue agreement. They agreed with you because they liked you and wanted to support you. They did not know and did not want to know what the issue was, and I am sure this will continue eternally.
    3) You are correct that I have no rights to represent Japanese people even though I am Japanese.
    4) You are correct that you have been respectful of Japanese people.
    5) Ad hominem tactics is currently being replaced with ignorance tactics- the same old routine. The only thing I suggested to the non-Japanese speaking members in question was that it was their illusion that they were “reading” Japanese-language web sites. The rigidity and hostility towards this matter may cause an appearance of weakness rather than self-confidence.
    Again, thank you for your response.

4. Bop N Cool

Bop N Cool Member

マイナビ仙台レディース
    Mar 18, 2012
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Here are my translations for "the team i don't seem to know". I hope this will reduce the number of correspondences and save your time.
    1)"I reduced the number because I thought I must enhance (the quality of) individuals". The parenthesis my interpretative addition. this means the number of GKs.
    2) There was another statement, which was much clearer. "I want to concentrate on the two and solidify them."
    3) Also, he said that he was not satisfied with "the situation" (not form) of Kaihori. This "could" broadly include outer factors surrounding her as well as her own condition.
    4)Sasaki never said that Yamagou was out of London. Rather, the indication was for the opposite. He said that "I know her (yamagou's) base (meaning basis? or Urawa?), and she has a team coach for her. I thought that I must improve the (other) two (K & F)."

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Since I was worried about Kinga's nose, I have to say that now it seems quite ok, both from this pics (you can just still see a lil bruise on the nose surface :p)...

[​IMG]
    ...and from this video, where you can see her injury vs Goyang Daekyo WFC on 15th march, her beautiful goal vs Sky Blue FC 4 days ago (with happy and clapping Sawa :D) and an after-match interview:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBT3sLR7UR4&feature=related"]Sky Blue FC vs INAC - Kinga Goal Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Meanwhile it seems like INAC also won the second leg of the challenge vs Sky Blue FC, winning 3-0 in Okinawa, with goals by NT member Minamiyama and Kyokawa (another brace for little River Dance Kyo ^__^), but I still can't find no highlights about this match... :p

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am happy that we seem to have clarified our argument.

I just want to add something about your point 2)

We are indeed a group, but not in the sense of ganging-up against outsiders, or at least that's not how I feel.

We are a group because there are many good friends here and we often agree about many things, and sometimes disagree about others. But I feel sincere affection for many people here. So it's not like I want to claim that I am not part of a group or I want to deny some other members or being totally separated from them. It's just that I feel that, in a discussion, it's uncorrect ascribing quotes, acts of intentions to different persons from the real source or to anyone end everyone in general, because this is a source of confusion and, this way, no-one can really answer about the substance of the facts.

I also want to add that, if I thanked for the support, it was because: 1) I didn't think that all the people stepping in just wanted to support me and didn't know about the real issue: I felt instead like some of them had understood very well the points that I tried to explain; 2) on the other hand, I admit that there was personal support for me, but, if you mind, I guess that this happened especially after you were perceived as avoiding discussion because you had just answered: "Stop whining" to one of my messages. Yeah, you were subject to personal remarks after that, but this probably happened also because your last answer had been perceived as a personal remark about me.
    By that I don't want to justify personal attacks, but I want to say that I understand why my friends stepped in to defend me, and that's why I thanked them and still keep thanking them.

When I say something it's understandable, I don't necessarily mean that I agree with it or I would do the same: it just means that I can see well why a person acts like this.
    For instance: Blue_Scholar just answered to you "Stop whining. Thank you". I wouldn't use such an answer (I guess the difference of my own answer doesn't need demonstration), but I can understand very well why Blue_Scholar answered like this and I don't really blame him for it: if you use, intentionally or not, an answer that can be perceived as quite rude, you have to expect to get paid back with your own money.

After this clarification, I would like to invite you to stay with us, if you want, and to forget all the quarrels. If you'll do, and pass by all the misunderstandings, I am sure that you'll find that many people here, even the ones you had quarrels with, are really good and kind persons, and if anyone over-reacted it was because they had somehow felt attacked.
    We are very happy when more japanese people post on this thread, it's a precious presence, since so many of us aren't japanese and don't perfectly know japanese language and culture.
    If you want to stay with us, as long as you show a friendly attitude, i guess you will be welcome by anyone, including myself.

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There are a LOT of american players that are already in Japan, even if the matches of Kirin Cup start a week from now! :eek:
    Just look at how many of them visited tsunami affected areas: not only Wambach and Solo, but, if I am not worng, O' Reilly, Rapinoe and others...
    Maybe all the team is in Japan already?

At the beginning of this video you can also hear Wambach praising Kumagai, by saying that she's a very physical DF, something unusual for a japanese DF, and a very difficult one to play against, while Hope Solo praises (guess who? :D) her good friend Aya Miyama.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV-yngE9nLk&context=C491b0a0ADvjVQa1PpcFP4Nin-mhg15ZMlWrx2-vF8ZUwYeP71h1o="]Abby Wambach & Hope Solo Appeared on S1 - YouTube[/ame]

Edit: did you all notice that, at the end of march, we're peacefully cruising towards post #1000, with no mod apparently noticing us? *chuckles*

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I found this article on "The Japan Times Online": nothing new, except it talks about Iwashimizu's injury and clarify that it's "a light injury picked up in a friendly game" (probably vs Urawa? :confused:), but it doesn't sound like anything really serious or worrying:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/sw20120324a1.html

Edit: oh, another article today: this time is from All White Kit, and it's very interesting (especially for sc-f, I guess :D). Basically it says that Wambach is seriously intentioned to sign with INAC after the Olympics:

http://www.allwhitekit.com/?p=8958

9. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Saki Kumagai wasn't going to start today, but then Bartusiak had some muscle problems just before the match, and Saki got to play central defense next to Gina Lewandowski. Frankfurt won 1-3 against Bad Neuenahr (and the one goal against them resulted from a free kick which cut through the entire defense and hit first the goal post and then the net).

10. Bop N Cool

Bop N Cool Member

マイナビ仙台レディース
    Mar 18, 2012
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Well said. Thank you.

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey guys, is eerily quiet here in the last days... What happened to all of you? :confused:

Anyway: can someone please tell me at what hour exactly will the Kirin Cup matches take place? Even the japanese hour it's ok, i'll do the conversion. :p

I hope there will be good streams from japanese TV...

12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I can only speak for myself but if you go back to the previous page of the forum, you can see that the majority of the posted material is off-topic. I was hoping the Moderators would delete it. It was the same on Friday's pages too.

13. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    It will start at 7:30 pm on 1st, and 7:45 pm on 5th April in Japan.

14. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    japan v usa, april 1st, 7:30 pm, Japan time.
    japan v brazil, apr 5, 7:45 pm

15. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    and GMT +1 time?

16. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Sorry, I'm currently moving so internet access is a bit of a problem lately. I'll probably be back to my usual "Wada, Wada" fanboying around Easter.

17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    By the way, did anyone see the moukoko's recent videos?

The series of L.League docs are definitely by far the best program of Nadeshiko's history with full of facts I have not known of.

If any, I will answer your questions about them as much as possible.

First of all, blissett, the Nadeshiko's first international match was held against Italy in Japan in 1981, resulted 0-9.

18. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, I've seen it too. I was hoping someone would post it and moukoko didn't let me down. :) I agree with you, unepomme. It's the most comprehensive programm made about the history of Japanese women's football - well actually I think such a progamm had never been made before full stop.

I think moukoko has just uploaded the second episode of trilogy. Tomorrow is probably about the Norio Sasaki's era.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mumf, come on! How can you believe that moderators are aware of our existence? They never even notice when we pass the 500 or 1000 posts mark on this thread! :D

Anyway, even on the previous page there were at least 6 posts that were perfectly on-topic and with quite interesting subjects (second match of INAC with Sky Blue FC, Wambach plans to join INAC after Olympics, start of NT training camps for Kirin Cup, etc.).

Then, personally, I found that trying to civilly clear up questions with a poster isn't necesseraly off-topic, but I can see that we don't agree here.

Well, I am not sure about how daylight savings work in different part of the world, but I guess you should add 7 hours... So, for us "central european" it should be an horrible 2:30 am of april 2nd and 2:45 am of april 6th respectively... :p

I am now not so sure that I will manage to watch the matches... Maybe just the second one, since I will be in Easter holidays, but it will be quite hard...

Wada, Wada!!! ;)

Yes, I saw them unepomme, I found them absolutely outstanding!!! :eek:
    And also very moving.
    And I saw the 0-9 loss vs Italy, and also the heroines of that match: little would they have believed that, 30 years later, their "daughters" would have won the WWC!

And just some minutes ago, Moukoko4 (our deus/hero) have uploaded also the part about the 2002-2007 years (that I am going to watch now).

There are so many things going on in those videos, that I paradoxically can't find real questions, also because the images speak for themselves.
    Only, that 2-0 win vs Mexico was the first win of Japan in an international tournament? I ask because I was moved by the captain in tears after the match...

20. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Its the first time I have seen video of that Sawa goal. But it was not their first win, instead I am pretty sure that was how they qualified for the 2003 World Cup (for the 2007 WC they also had to beat Mexico, which they did over two legs - many of the players are still on the NT today).

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wait!!! Now that I think better, you should actually subtract 7 and not add 7!!! :eek:

So it should be a much more manageable 12:30 of april 1st and 12:45 of april 5th...

Did I get it right this time? "-_-

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess you're right mumf... I couldn't find exact info about the two legs play-off with Mexico, but I got confirmation that it was the way Japan qualified for WWC 2003.

Who's the player who was crying at the microphone after the match?

By the way, I also watched the docs 2002-2007. Same very high overall quality than docs 1981-2003. :cool:
    Did I understand right that the lil kid in the video was Tomomi Miyamoto's son?

23. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It was crucial for them to qualify for that tournament (2003 wc) after losing out for Sydney Olympics. You often hear from various interviews, they felt like they were fighting for the exisitence of women's game itself in Japan in this qualification and also the qualification match against North Korea for Athens Olympics. Probably that's why she was so emotional - the pressure must have been immense.

B.t.w, that post match interviewer is the now famous women's football writer/broadcaster Mari Hibino who says in her book that this interview was the cue for her passion to the women's football.

24. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan is 8 hrs AHEAD for me as it's now summer time here in UK. Yeah, so for you (central European zone), it should be 7 hrs ahead and should be around lunch time.

25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    The most interesting episode for me was about Kawabuchi.

Kawabuchi, kind of emperor of J League and Japan Football Association, says that he had not been interested in women’s football at all, feeling it was very slow, the ground too big and the match time too long.

But he happened to watch Nadeshiko matches in the Asian Games held in Busan in 2002, and was enthralled by their enthusiasm and commitment.

He points out several good points of Nadeshiko:
    Never-give-up spirits, fair play, never complains against the referee’s judgments and stands up right after falling down.
    He says he rarely sees such scenes in men's games.

So he made a decision to strengthen the Japan women’s national team, and visited each player and asked what they want to be improved about their situations.

Their first requirement was the advance payment of the travel fee to Fukushima J village for the national team trainings.
    He was surprised, and felt then he must support them in the proper way.

JFA started to focus on the strengthening of Nadeshiko at last.