Official 2012 J2 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    oh no Gamba and Vissel coming down, going to be difficult getting up for Kyoto next season XD

2. gifu richy

gifu richy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    [​IMG]
    Possible name change for FC Gifu next year.
    This has been in the rumour mill since august.
    It still hasn't been decided yet, although these posters for the fan club and supporters group around Gifu station.
    The left picture is local legend Mr Nobunaga, the right...?

Orentano (Oretachino)= "Our" in these parts

3. gifu richy

gifu richy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Gonna be great for the J2!
    Good to see a few more teams around mid Japan

4. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I had heard about it but thought it was a joke. However the name sounds cheasy, FC Gifu was a bit too unsexy a name for me.

5. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    No it wont at all!!!! after Gamba there will only be one direct promotion spot for JEF, Kyoto and Kobe killing each other totally to get that spot. Beautifull???????? No not at all It was hard enough this season ^^

Pjdawa repped this.
  6. gifu richy

gifu richy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Haha, from a neutral perspective it will be great watching you guys fight it out at the top (and you'll bring good crowds to Gifu too!). But yeah, it must be good for you guys to have a few local derbies too right? (as long as ya win!)

Mmm, yeah I think there are still quite a few people against it and it will cost money to change (flags, goods etc) so it will most likely just be good ol' plain FC Gifu for the time being..
    Although I'm not particularly fond of the old FC, ultimately I will probably be disappointed at whatever (probably Italian/Spanish) mishmash of a name that they come up with if they do!

7. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well I would prefer the local derbies at J1 :), however its good and unique that 1. Division and 2. Division in a national league is so close to each other.

Well since Gifu FC didnt have a mascot they are not losing on that point. But where does that name Orentano come from? Why? I mean Gifu is famous of being a manufacture city and being a Castle town of Saito Dosan and Oda Nobunaga, I cant see the orange link as with Ehime and the Mikan link.

8. gifu richy

gifu richy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    It doesn't actually mean orange, lol, it means 'our' in the local dialect. So its like calling the team 'Our Gifu'.
    Looking at the basic animals of Gifu, Gifu has always struggled to find an appropriate one for a mascot/name as there are basically three animals famous here:
    Ayu - sweetfish (Although they always get caught by cormorants)
    Cormorant (Although they are controlled by their masters in Ayu fishing)
    Raicho - Ptarmigan (Although thats also the bird of Matsumoto and their mascot!)

I guess something historical to do with Nobunaga and Dosan etc could be cool, although it might be a bit of an insult to them if they keep performing down the bottom of the J2!

Pjdawa repped this.
  9. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    OK for me Its hard to think of a Gifu dialect, been a lot at Nagoya, and b distinct hesides a completely distinct history compared to Owari area, Gifu is pretty close Nagoya.

Kuromamushi could be your mascot and since it refers to defers also.......

I love your bitter Ayu from Nagaragawa especially in the right part of the season, but theoretically you dont need a animal as mascot. Look at Shonan or Kashiwa :)

I was also thinking you had a Crow as symbol in pre JFL times (doesnt get why you changed that crest, it was one of the best I ever seen).

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    In a year Davi scored a gazilion of goals, the J2 MVP is Satoshi Yamaguchi.

11. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Surely watching Yamaguchi was way more exciting than Davi and Atsutaka Nakamura.

12. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He did good, but.. well, that was just unexpected.

13. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Davi didn't made it to the final 'Exiting 22' shortlist and the final poll was held during the Awards ceremony.

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I know, I know, Hideomi Yamamoto was the most exciting Kofu player.

15. gifu richy

gifu richy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    [​IMG]
    Believe it or not, that bird is also a raichou!
    This old emblem was quite popular whereas basically nobody really likes the current one.
    It's rumored that it was changed because it clashed with Matsumoto Yamaga.
    A pity....

Lupin III and Pjdawa repped this.
  16. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Yes this one a really beautifull emblem, and so strong, really a shame it was better than what Matsumoto had at same time. If they kept this emblem I think Gifus branding had succeeded more and getting more sponsors.