Official 2012 J1 Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by dokool, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Probably the weather conditions. It rained for the morning and afternoon in Tokyo and just stopped about an hour or two before the game with some light showers and mist around the beginning. I was soaked from being outside the whole day (even with an umbrella) and it was really cold so I can understand how some people might've chosen to stay inside and watch on TV.

2. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, there's a reason I chose not to get to the stadium until 6. Between that and the late kickoff time making it even colder, can't be helped... but I think in such poor weather getting above 20,000 is an accomplishment all on its own. We'll get back to our J1 average (which was around 24,000?) soon, and if the team can continue to play as it has, exceed it.

I haven't heard supporters this excited about the club since the Jofuku era, and the club is working really hard on improving the match-day experience (tons of new food stands, rules allowing half time re-entry to go to the food court, we can finally bring in plastic bottles, etc). Sure the stadium still has a godawful track, but things are really looking up.

3. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That doesn't mean Ogihara isn't a good prospect, and he's not bad as a passer either. We don't have a new endo type, closest may be in a few seasons Shibasaki.

People can improve quickly though, I didn't think 2-3 years ago when Hosogai was 22-23 that he'd be getting passing accuracy stats consistently around the 85-90% in the Bundesliga yet here we are.

I mean general performance. They would've both been involved in the battle in the middle of the park. So really it was a question of who won that midfield battle in the centre.

Do you not rate Ogihara? Or did you think I was implying they're the same type of player?

4. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Endo played a lively match,the best game so far for him this season (NT appearances included).Good condition,some quality passes,but bad from set pieces (especially bad corner kicks...).
    His play is suffering in such a disorganized context like Gamba 2012,but yesterday he showed a fighting spirit that will be crucial for the future.

Ogihara played a good game,he is a talent.He would be excellent in a midfield WITH Endo.
    You can't tell who won the battle because you have to consider the teams they're playing with,and,now,Cerezo is a better organized team,even if they play with a ridicolous pink shirt.:cool:

5. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    This. If you want a player who looks like a bit, it's him, not Ogihara.
    Ogihara is a good player but, once again, Yamaguchi was better than him yesterday. This guy is progressing quickly. He was anonymous 6 months ago and now he's bossing the midfield. I'm impressed.

7. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVBshNyshvk"]2012?3.17FC??????????????? - YouTube[/ame]
    2 in 1: you could not only check out how his hair looks in scenery of football pitch but you'll get his best plays collection in this video also!

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    The chosen one is back on the path of greatness. Instant impact, he comes in, the referee blows the whistle to gift FC Tokyo the win.

9. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    第03節 vsガンバ大阪    ←Next Match !!
    第04節 vs柏レイソル
    第05節 vsベガルタ仙台
    第06節 vs清水エスパルス

These four teams will be hoping that Maeda does not score his first goal of the season against him.

The past 5 seasons the team that Maeda scored his first goal against have been relegated.

2007-Kofu
    2008-Verdy
    2009-JEF
    2010-Sanga
    2011-Yamagata

The way Gamba's season is going so far, is it not out of the realm of possibility that they could be relegated this season?

10. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm hoping he scores an own goal. ;)

11. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He'll score against Shimizu and then score an own goal the next minute just to piss you off :)

12. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Haha, nice! I read about "ロン毛Hirayama", so I wanted to see how that looks like.

13. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sounds just like Maeda to me :D

14. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Loooooooooool one of the best comments this season so far. :D

15. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9KSrWjQLaY"]2012/3/17 ??????×????? ?????????? - YouTube[/ame]

Gamba fan's "buta" chant aimed at Cerezo supporters

16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Starts @0:55

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Pcxkm2_GI"]?????? - YouTube[/ame]

By far the worst fans in the whole Japan. Glad they're depending now on Serrao :D

18. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Making plans for my first visit to Japan in May and my first visit to a J-league game! Have chosen three games that work best with my schedule and thought I would ask for advice on the best game:

19 May - Yokohama F-Marinos v Gamba Osaka (probably the best matchup)
    19 May - Urawa v Shimizu
    26 May - FC Tokyo v Urawa

I have a JR Rail Pass voucher & will be staying near Korakuen Hall/Tokyo Dome...just wondering what might be the best experience for a "first-timer/foreigner".

I did meet some Japanese students at a recent Galaxy game in LA, who will be back in Tokyo, by the time I get there, and they have agreed to go to a game with me but don't seem to be "hard-core" J-league fans or have any favorite club. That's fine with me, though.

19. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There's so many amazing things to do in Tokyo, I could go on forever about all the fantastic attractions and districts. But I guess it depends what you're into as well.

Saitama stadium has great atmosphere on match day, but it largely depends on how the Reds are playing. :rolleyes:

The third match will be epic!!!

20. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks!

21. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Brilliant! J. league needs more of this. Seriously- what's a derby day without some real needle. The butas had the last laugh, and that just makes it even better. :cool:

22. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SOOO true!!

BTW, your book on football in Japan is AWESOME...very helpful & lots of great information. Thanks!

23. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks, really glad to hear it! I may have to quote that on the back cover. :)

24. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Yeah must admit when you see such thing youre thinking the japanese derbies begins to be real derbies.

I'm in for more rivalry and mocking in football. :) and Buta chant must be because of the NipponHam sponsorship right?

25. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You might also visit Zelvia vs HollyHock. Or see some Kanto league ;)