Official 2012 J1 Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by dokool, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    haha kiss of death^^

2. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Since losing with Marinos.
    And that's why Kobe won J-Waterpolo league in Ajinomoto last week and nearly grinded a point in Kashiwa playing with the 10-0-0 formation

3. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Congratulations for Sanfrecce, they've kept together a really solid team even when they lost Kashiwagi, Lee and Makino.

4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    1. I have a feeling next year Osako will have a big year. Only got 7 goals, but pretty sure he had the 3rd highest number of shots by japanese in the league behind Sato & Toyoda.
    2. lol, the most prolific team in the league may get relegated.
    3. Very good year for younger players, lot of talent popping up.
    4. Awesome that another new team won the league and a total boss in Sato won the golden boot, definitely the most consistent Japanese striker over the last several years.

5. gifu richy

gifu richy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Pretty amazing that Niigata still have a pretty reasonable shot at not being relegated with a round to go.
    I mean it is still an uphill task, but the chances of them beating Sapporo, and Kobe losing to Hiroshima is still quite possible.
    Dont know about Gamba though...
    They have a pretty good chance against Jubilo who have just been crap in their last few games.

Im thinking that Cereso will be able to manage a point at home, but it could all come down to how generous Hiroshima are feeling to see where Gamba, Niigata and Kobes fates lie.

6. gifu richy

gifu richy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    And Sagan Tosu,no matter what happens next week, must be team of the year in the J1

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's Hiroshima, no matter what happens, no one picked them to win the title, and they did it without a big foreign player or a marquee signing.

magic journey, Dax and AKITOD repped this.
  8. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Congrats Hiroshima, my godmother must be very happy. All 10 originall J-clubs has won at least one title.

Next in line to win a title should be Cerezo.

btw. Frontale played their last match at Todoroki before rebuilding it right? so where shall they play until todoroki is remodelled?

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    The #6 ? He gives up after remembering he's 456 years old and the ball is out of his reach anyway

Dax repped this.
  11. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Gamba have the strength to pull thru but last time Jubilo beat Gamba 3-2... let's hope they beat them anyway AND Cerozo lose... it's our only hope.

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    hmm so people are expecting Kobe to walk on Sanfrecce since they already won the league? Is the team expected to field reserve players? Genuine question

13. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    I doubt it. But then again, Sanfrecce have nothing to lose while Kobe has everything to lose so Sanfrecce might field youngsters/b-team while Kobe will give it all they got.

14. gifu richy

gifu richy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    You reckon? Over Tosu?

Hiroshima were always a chance to go somewhere. They've had some of the best attack in the J league over the last couple of years, and although not favorites to win the title it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for most.

Tosu on the other hand, managed to get themselves promoted last year with a solid - not star filled team, didn't really sign up many major players for 2012, and everyone expected them to drop this year..

15. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Interesting that Sagan is the 4th consecutive newly-promoted team to (most likely) qualify for ACL in the following season! So who will be the ACL-contender among next year's newcomers? I'd put my money on Oita I think!

16. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Shonan has various points in common with past year Sagan for their style of play,attitude...big difference is that they don't have someone like Toyoda (like it or not).
    Kofu might have potential but it depends much on what they will do with Davi.
    Oita...:cautious:

17. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    no way, i can already see morishima catching his breath in J1

turtles :p

18. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Don't expect Sanfrecce to play any sort of B-team or that Kobe will win that one easily just because of motivations...
    To be honest today i have serious doubts about the chances of Gamba to win in Iwata,even if Iwata is safe,without any motivation,and their season basically is ended two months ago when they lose Shizuoka derby:(

19. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Hiroshima team of the Year
    Yoon Jong Hwan manager of theYear

20. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Haha yeah I agree. My comment about Oita was at most half-serious, but among the 3 teams Oita is the one I would like the most to do well next year. But at this stage it is difficult to say which one will make the transition the best, as we're not sure if Davi stays, what players the different teams picks up etc yet.

21. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Talking about relegation... I'd love to see Okubo's face in J2! And read his funny remarks about Tottori, Verdy etc all season long!!!

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    As Kashiwa showed last year, even promoted teams are contenders now ! but nobody picked Tosu and Hiroshima and that's understandable. Still, credit to the champion for me. With Moriyasu manager of the year because he achieves this in his first year as a coach and he's the first japanese in ages to do it.

23. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    lol

24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  25. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I would understand that from a Sanfrecce supporter elated by the moment of winning the championship. Those arguments doesn't have a 'sport' nuance in it. I'm not denying that he's a good coach but for me I can't find anything better than Yoon's two years in Tosu (because not screwing and playing Chiba as CB isn't enough).