Official 2012 ACL Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by dokool, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think that Gamba need more strikers. :)

Obviously they had it right before. Why strengthen your defense when you can just outscored your opponent?

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    He was without a doubt but it was Rafinha who missed the big chances. I mean, what did he try to do when Endo gave him that perfect through ball and when he decided to not shoot ?

3. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Didn't see him dive at all last season for F.Marinos. Last night, only the one where he went down with a shirt tug from a brisbane defender, as far as I can recall.

4. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    haha I know, I haven't really noticed him diving earlier. But hanging out and mocking players who might or might not have dived seems to be the normal thing to do here ( Tamada, Paulinho, Johnsen,Marquinhos among some), even though its only based on one incident =) I dont see any reason why Watanabe should be treated any different!

5. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    hehe, no worries! I'm just standing up, pardon the pun, for a player I like!

6. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kinda sums up Gamba's defence when they lose 2 goals to TERRIBLE defending of crosses.

One must wonder what Fujigaya does in training for them to keep using him.

7. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's been quite amusing observing all the reactions from the Australian media/fans after FC Tokyo's win last night.

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Agree. The funniest stuff I see is when they're like "aw well it was their ACL debut" or something to that effect, making the incorrect assumption that FCT were seasoned ACL campaigners or something.

Not a single one of them were able to figure out that it was this FCT's first ACL game in it's new format.

9. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It was even funnier seeing veterans (Who are still in pre-season) like Ishikawa, Hanyu and Tokunaga dominate over younger opposition who should theoretically be in peak fitness. :D

I love watching the Roar play, but sometimes Postecoglou needs to shut up and give credit to the opposition.

10. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Players in pre-season, had travelled several thousand km and also in recovery from a game on Saturday - running rings around the Brisbane players.

He was gracious after the game, but the comments beforehand about aiming for the CWC smacked of over-confidence. They had started to believe the "Roarcelona" crap being spewed by their fans and certain sections of the media, it seems. Referred to here today:

11. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Congrats to FC Tokyo, they're really a solid team. Even without captain Konno.

Gamba is looking hard on this season, i think that will be a tough year for them. Too many changes and no more Nishino, who's - for his career as manager in J-League - a magician.

12. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In the old format as well; aside from a couple friendlies our only international competition was the 2010 Suruga Bank Cup which doesn't really count.

A day later and I'm still blown away by last night's result because even on our best day I don't think I've ever seen Tokyo play that good a game.

One of the ultras-made scarves released after we won the EC features all of the trophies the club's won and it's the most ratty-ass collection of silverware you've ever seen: two Nabisco Cups, the Suruga Cup, the J2 championship, and the EC. And we're still playing in f'in Asia. Incredible.

I would honestly be satisfied with a mid-table J1 performance and advancing to at least the quarters or semi-finals, because seriously, Asia. How cool is this?

13. 007GS

007GS Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    lol people read into quotes way too much. I'm sure Postecoglou and co. are and always have been realistic, plus the roarcelona thing was a standard fan/media reaction.

He's right though, the ACL presents a great opportunity to mix it on the world stage. Is that going to happen any time soon? No, Japan/Korea generate quality players in bigger numbers and they know it. Never seen any over-confidence from him or any of the players either.

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    This Grampus game is crazy ... Looks like Nagoya forgot the art of defense this winter.

edit : What A FACKN GOAL !! well done Nagai !
    Edit : lol Nagoya way to go. Thumbs up to Fujimoto who messed up an unbelievable chance big time.

15. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Good tie Nagoya. Props from me.

Very entertaining. ;)

16. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Reysol now down 2-0 to a screamer that curled into the top right corner. Kashiwa trying to press forward, Buriram getting them on the counter.

17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    End of campaign for Kashiwa. Watching them being humiliated by Guangzhou and Jeonbuk will be nasty thing. Better to give walkovers in the next games and concentrate on J League.

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I hope for you they're not coming back.

19. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I'm even sure they'll win against Buriram at home! But after a weak half like that against two other teams in the group and they'll find themselves 3 or 4 goals behind.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hahaha

Edit : dear lord Jorge Wagner was awful tonight

21. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kashiwa risks seriously. 3-2 against that team.. oh, boy.

Nagoya lost a big shot, but they can make it. They're great, they're too strong to end their experience on the ACL 2012.

22. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Congratulations to Buriram=)

Nice to see a underdog win, especially at home in front of passionate fans. Imagine if they managed to through to the next round from this group though! But I think Guangzhou and Jeonbuk will give them a harder time than what Reysol did today.

23. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's gone under the radar a bit, but I reckon Thai footballs improved a lot in recent times. I don't know too much about their domestic league (Except that a number of former J Leaguers ply their trade there).

But their national team gave Australia/Saudi a tough time in WCQ, and I remember their youth teams drew with the U-19 JNT last year.

24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  25. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I follow the Thai league very closely and it certainly has improved a hell of a lot since 2009.

Buriram have some very good players, the kids from Cameroon have moved them onto the next level really. About time Thai clubs were allowed back into the ACL as they can now show what they have been developing these last few years.

Buriram may struggle away from home, but at home they will give anyone a decent game.