OFFICIAL 2012-2013: Roster Moves and Rumors

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if you saw Section 2 of Soccer America Daily today, but one part includes a portion of an interview that Iker Casillas gave to Spanish television in which he states that if he can't retire at Madrid, he'd like to play in the USA. Wouldn't that be perfect? :D

http://www.football-espana.net/26762/iker-prioritises-europe-ponders-mls

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  2. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard about this earlier today and thought to myself, "Wouldn't a 4th DP slot be nice to get this guy on the team also someday." :p

If he comes it will likely not be with us though sadly.

3. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, didn't he sign a 4 year deal with Sao Paulo in 2011?

4. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Very true, but we don't have much of a choice.. plus if the players are good enough they'll get playing time (baring bad situations, which will come up from time to time).

5. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think there's any way NYRB ownership would pay the transfer fee needed.

6. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoops sorry, was clicking in and out of threads and meant to post this as a reply to the guy who was worried NYRB might sign Kaka....weird....that's gotta be my worst response screwup yet, and I've had some doozies.

7. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's fine. I read you loud and clear anyways LOL. :D

8. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    I trust Bruce in this situation, he started just 3 games in the reserve league. Just look at Villarreal when he came in the final 10 minutes of the first leg vs. Seattle, he really had no clue what to do out there, you could tell he was overwhelmed in the moment.

Ideally, had A.J. not been injured, he would've slid over to RB.

You can definitely make some stipulations in the loan agreement, especially if we pay Oscar's entire salary. I wouldn't doubt Oscar could start for some NASL or USL club anyways. Though it is out of the club's hands in terms of training and such. There's obviously the Blues and Phoenix FC starts in USL next season.

It makes sense to partner with the Blues since they're local and can get some games in for say Sorto and McBean. Plus, they can still practice with our first team at times too. I think we'll eventually see some type of minor league baseball affiliations with MLS clubs, Philly almost has that set up with Harrisburg City.

9. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. Saunders looked very shaky in the Championship game against Houston.

galaxydeadhead repped this.
  10. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, I'm pretty sure we are being linked so he can get a higher salary or transfer wage. DC is pretty strong on him

The Beautiful Gamer and Beirut repped this.
  11. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some reports suggest they'd let him go for the right price.

12. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pffft, over 800 career games and not a single goal. Do Not Want.

:D

13. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every player is different. You're right, Villarreal did look overwhelmed. But so did Jimenez at RB. There are two 17 year old players that play regular minutes at Southampton in the Premier League. One kid started and played all 90 in games against both ManCity and ManU. Again, every player is different.

14. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Or Sao Paulo want to spark potential suitors into action, while also pushing up potential bids...

Was thinking earlier that Joe Cole might be a good fit. Still talented but with a dimished stock in Europe. Fills a need on the flank.

15. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most unexpected of names...you know, I don't care who we get, as long as it's a famous name that we can get a few years and some out of, I'll be fine.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe Cole is still a good player. It's just not working at Liverpool. It was always doomed to fail with that contract and expectation put on him.He should have signed for Spurs, though I'm happy he didn't because we probably wouldn't have signed VDV.

I watched him play a few times at Lille and he was good, I was a little surprised he didn't make it permanent. Looked like he was having a good time. I think Liverpool would love to get that contract of their books. He wouldn't be my first choice though.

17. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is completely random...but I want an Italian on the team...
    or a French player.
    No reason why...I just feel like we haven't had an international player of either of those two nationalities.

I mean we had Swedish, English, Trinidadian/Tobagonian, Brazilian. Irish, Kiwi, Puerto Rican, Colombian, Uruguayan, Mexican, Costa Rican, Zimbabwean, Salvadorian, Argentinian, Turks/Caicos-ian, Jamaican, Canadian, Saint Vincentian, Austrian, South Korean, Ecuadorian, Armenian, Ukranian, Paraguayan, Guatemalan, Venezuelan, Nigerian, Iranian, Honduran, Haitian, and Portuguese player(s).
    That's a complete list btw.

Maybe we can add a Russian or Dutch player. And oh my...no Spainards!? Or Germans!?

Ok...I just wasted a bunch of time looking up those nationalities while I really should be studying for finals lol

18. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll get what we can get. Back to prepping for finals, then.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  19. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what now that you put it that way your 100% correct I don't want no scrub that is content to warm the pine and just train, I want a warrior that's gonna go to war on the pitch for the club not a lifer at back up duty that won't UNLEASH!

WarGalaxy and Hachiko repped this.
  20. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Italians don't travel well.

There's ones that do leave are old looking for a last pay check and half ass. Then there are ones who can still put a shift in don't want to leave. Take a player like Di Natale, it's hard to get him to leave Udine, let alone the country.

Saying that Di Natale, Cassano and Pirlo's contracts come up in 2014.

21. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or maybe adding some young players on loan would be good...kinda like SJ and Simon Dawkins.
    ...speaking of Italians, I wonder how Del Piero would've worked out if he came to LA instead of Australia

22. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't listening real close. Did Tim L really say that LAG was gong after Franz Kafka?

23. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ginaluca vialli, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Gianfranco Zola, Paolo Di canio, Roberto Di matteo, Luca toni, and Federico Macheda all traveling bambinos.

24. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they're hoping that after getting him on the team, David Junior Lopes will go to sleep and then wake up the next day and realize he's been transformed into an actual soccer player...

25. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I've heard of them before, lifelong Italian football fan. You missed the point I'm not saying that Italian players can't play well outside of Italy, rather that for many reasons it's a risk, which is much greater with a league outside of the Top 4.

Traditionally Italians never used to leave Italy because there was no reason to leave. Someone like Mario is indicative of how far the league is fallen when it was the best in the world. Players move more these days but the realistic Italian players for us to sign with in age and value aren't really that realistic because it's unlikely they'd leave Italy.

I'm not even talking about big names someone like Miccoli for example would be great in the league if he would come, it was tough for him to leave Lecce for Palermo. Not a name that resonates with many football fans but Francesco Lodi is probably the most underrated creative midfielder in the world. He only earns €400k for Catania, even hypothetically if he was offered a DP contract by an MLS club would he move? Probably not.....

There's still that danger when they leave of not getting maximum effort. Say Pirlo wanted to come to the MLS tomorrow, he'd be the best midfielder in the league but that's considering he puts in the same shift he does for Rube and La Nazionale.

Hushx repped this.