OFFICIAL 2011-12 Offseason Moves Thread *RUMORS+OFFICIAL*

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by AmericanKaka, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I would be fine in LD going to Everton so long as they send Fellaini to the Galaxy in return.

2. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't hold your breath.

Retweeted by THT - he's a reporter in Philly:
    Charlie Flowe@DjFlowe
    Also Everton and MLS in talks about a permanent move for Landon Donovan to the EPL side.

3. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i dont see Landon leaving , i think he wants to win everything in America and thats the Concacaf Champions league

4. footballfantatic

Mar 27, 2008
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sorry but I don;t want LD to leave for any reason other than his request. He has been my favorite player and I would love him to retire a LA legend, much like Cobi.

Skevin, Ghosting and dashiel repped this.
  5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Agreed. If Landon wants to go to Everton, he should just come out and say it. I wouldn't be mad but I will be sad to lose our captain. Landon though deserves to play in the best league in the world. He has given plenty.

6. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is way too classy to ever do this. It will happen behind the scenes. Again, I haven't heard anything that doesn't say "December."

7. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    If Landon is going it will be a complex piece of business. AEG will need to have a DP lined up and ready to announce, perhaps even before Landon leaves. If it doesn’t happen in the fall transfer window I don’t think it happens and he finishes his career in LA.

The Cadaver repped this.
  8. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PLZ!!!!!!

Regarding Donovan, I want him to stay but the guy deserves to play for the best. Honestly, he is too good for Everton. If he goes I can see him transferring within a year to a top 4 club. I'd imagine LA will hold onto his rights so he can finish his career back home.
    If he goes it will be Winter, Donovan has another title to win here. Wondering if the whole Lampard business was actually a long term buy to replace Donovan, not crazy about him tho replacing Donovan at all.

10. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whether or not he's "too good" for Everton, Donovan has shown that he doesn't decide where he will play based on that type of criteria. He has said over and over again that he wants to play where he's happy and comfortable. He has arranged his life around wanting to be happy, rather than wanting to prove he can play with the very best. With that in mind, I think that it's highly unlikely he will play with any EPL team other than Everton.

11. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    @GrantWahl Impossible for Kaká (or any other big star) to join NY or LA right now, as long as both teams still have maximum 3 Designated Players #MLS

LD to Everton, Kaka to to Los Angeles during the winter transfer window??? :) Please please please make it happen!!!!!

12. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The extra money will be good in the future but the MLS transfer window closes today so it does us no good in the now. Unless of course we are looking at a move within MLS or a potential signing who is out of contract.

13. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No thanks

14. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ur telling a injury prone Kaka who's knees are screaming plz stop! For Donovan? Haha thats a good one!

15. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Barrett is going to Europe. I was browsing the site and I saw that some people were saying its a done deal so I looked it up on google. I saw that Barrett is having a garage sale for all his stuff. Congratulations to Barrett for making the move and hope he is successful over there. As for the Galaxy, I wish we had finished this a little bit earlier so that we could have maybe signed someone for half of the salary paid to Barrett. Either that or bring someone in on a loan with option to buy. Hopefully with the space we sign one or two of our highly rated youth players before they all desert us for Europe. Other than that, I think as our players become more healthy our roster will become more and more packed. Excited for the future.

16. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "the site"?
    Garage sale?
    can you please provide some links?

17. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Nope. Our midfield is already pretty good. Juninho, Beckham, and Sarvas are all decent CMs so we don't need to throw another CM into the mix. We need wingers or a striker to replace Donovan if he leaves. I wonder if Buddle will ever work with Keane.

19. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel kinda dirty that I'm glad we're getting his salary back....but I'm glad we're getting his salary back. Have fun in Norway Chad, safe travels.

20. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    klpv82 repped this.
  21. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we needed his salary cap space, he took up ALOT. So what can we do with it this season though? We can still sign players but they can't be tied down to contracts..

22. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Can’t we sign/trade MLS players since all contracts are owned by the league?

23. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, we can trade within MLS and can sign out-of-contract players. I believe until the roster freeze date, which IIRC, is Sept. 15th...

24. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe we have the space to sign Brek Shea now... I would gladly see Buddle go to Dallas for him, and they certainly need a striker. For the Galaxy and for the USMNT, how great would it be to have Brek mentored by LD

esco300 repped this.
  25. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i would love it!