OFFICIAL 2011-12 Offseason Moves Thread *RUMORS+OFFICIAL*

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by AmericanKaka, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 2011-12 Offseason Moves Thread

Looks like there is talk of Omar leaving before next season:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...rough-spots/SQUDaxbZiRPd5uY8or35DK/story.html

The Galaxy could stay on top for a while, though. Only two of their players in Sunday’s game - Beckham and Keane - are over 30. And only Omar Gonzalez, 23, is certain to be on foreign teams’ shopping lists.

Beckham’s future is in question, but even if he doesn’t return, he paved the way for the next Galaxy designated player. And Arena already has lined up replacements for Gonzalez.

WTF? How can you drop that into the article and not provide any elaboration?

2. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We *should* beat Toronto.

But I think Seattle and Santos are crapshoots. Those are two teams that will match up with us well. And if we don't have any other forward options by then, could be ugly.

Toronto, Santos and Seattle will also have most of their team intact while we have some major questions.

3. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It might just mean Dasan Robinson? Or Leonardo returning to health?

Although it does sound like future tense.

4. Crzyknot

Crzyknot Member

Sep 30, 2006

I think he meant we give up deal up with Montreal. I don't think we need to look outside MLS to add to our attack, the question what are we willing to give up and for who? From what i saw these are the players i would try and make a deal for.
    [LINEUP-4-3-3][/LINEUP-4-3-3]

Alvarez, Arturo
    Ballouchy, Mehdi
    Nyassi, Sanna
    Kandji, Macoumba

5. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Who replaces Beckham? Any ideas?

I have long thought that the midfield is where players should be brought in. I know: duh.:eek::D

6. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Or arrange a trade in advance with Montreal so they pick him and then trade him to Galaxy. Very common every expansion year.

7. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, who exactly is going to replace David Beckham if he does not suit up for us next year? I think the thread I started has to be merged with this one.

9. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Sign Alex Del Piero. His contract is over at the end of the Serie A season ;)

10. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010

A replacement if it were to happen, would likely come during the summer transfer window much like Keane this year and when Becks originally arrived.

11. Poling

Poling Member

May 14, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In that case I bet Becks replacement during the summer transfer window is.........wait for it.......BECKS!!! :D

12. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It wouldn't shock me if that was indeed the case Especially after listening to his interview with Dan Patrick. He strongly hinted that what just might happen is a loan to PSG and the return to LA Galaxy.

http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/11/22/david-beckham-says-hes-not-ruling-out-returning-to-mls/

13. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get those Horses

Biggest offseason for the Galaxy EVER.

Becks - Let him go. shake his hand and thank him for his last 2 years of percise dedication to the club.

(Why let david go?)

He's 36, and was essentially playing a sweeper role for the final 3 months of the season. besides that he has a very good chance of making the Olympics next year which would see us lose him for almost 2 months. from july to september.

_____________________________Next move_______________

Juninho - Sign him, but dont go crazy. 150-250k per season. He's good, but not that good we can't better with beckham money.

_____________________________Next move_______________

Omar - Sell. he's ripe for europe and we shouldnt hold him back. make a move with houston for one of there plethera of center backs, namely Boswell or robinson - dangle Ricketts as trade bait

____________________________Next move________________

Keano - dont resign. bring in help stat!!!! Drop Cristman. People have been mentioning Buddle, if it can happen then go for it. if not, look abroad. We lose keano to Euro championships for about 3-5 weeks before olympics... big miss if we dont pick up some forward help.

___________________________Next move________________

Outside backs/midfielders. we need to spend some cash on this. Adu, Andy Williams, Julian De Guzman are all very nice pickups for the right price.

Bruce has never had a bigger job than he Tim L. have this season. We could be looking at a totally new team when we play Toronto in March.

14. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Get those Horses

I'm not crazy about that. I think Drogba would easily be the best in MLS bar none, he is big, physical and has perfect skill. But was already have Keane! Signing Drogba gives us absolutely no central midfield!

16. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't agree at all, we need to keep Gonzo bad. At least this one last year, we are making a run for the FIFA Club World Cup now! Juninho needs to be signed bad, for the right price. I don't know why you are saying sell Keane, he has been fantastic.

WHY ISN'T GARBER GIVING AN INTERNATIONAL BREAK FOR THE EURO'S, WTF?

17. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed

Chad Barrett $192,000.00
    Donovan Ricketts $170,000.00
    Chris Birchall $144,000.00

Thats the most obvious money for me. Birchall is good but not that good, Ricketts i hate to see go but its too much money to let him be a 2nd GK, Barrett is not good enough to command that salary.

18. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have a crazy idea. Why not trade Barrett or Ricketts for Adu (or whatever it takes)?

Adu could thrive under Arena and he would allow Donovan to push up higher to play as a 2nd striker under Keane (arguably his best position).

19. Venturadoc

Venturadoc Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Ventura, CA

IMO,

Becks is gone, which is a shame because I've grown to really respect him and his engine even at 36. His vision and skill are unmatched. TL might be able to work some magic, but either way he will be missing for long stretches and his mind will be else where. I think its time to move on.

If we are going to lose Omar, we need to sell and get something in return. Hate to lose him, but we are going to need the allocation $.

We need to sign Juni, Franklin.

Now you need to decide where you want to line up Donovan next year. If your thinking he should be up front with Keane, than we need an attacking center mid and an out side mid. Magee can fill one side and personally I think Lopez might have a spot on the left mid, but we'll need to add quality in the midfield including a DP center attacking mid. The new DP needs to buy into Bruce Arenas game plan, ie. be ready to cover lots of ground. I'm not sure what that 55 million will do for us with a hard cap. If you think Donovan stays in the mid, than we need a new forward.

In Bruce I trust. He has alot of challenges to deal with and get a new team ready for the CCL.

20. tys0n28

tys0n28 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Here's what I've been thinking about. They left all their forwards unprotected. And they just signed this huge TV deal to broadcast the games in Spanish. If Beckham leaves, could the next DP be a Mexican striker?

21. css71588

css71588 Member

Apr 20, 2009
    perris ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i remember reading Keane dont want a loan said he was to rest want to be ready for next season and the euros

22. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Because there's maybe 3 or 4 people likely to be effected if that?

Keane and who else?

Estonia didn't qualify.

Henry isn't getting called up.

Beckham isn't getting called up.

So why on earth would they make a break?

23. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Keane! :p
    Oh well, hopefully we have another quality striker by then.

Here is something, why doesn't Becks become our international ambassador and put a deal with Man United together for us? How great would it be to have the next Welbeck on loan to the Galaxy?

24. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ugh, i hope not. there is no one even close to good enough that would be a realistic target.

No with this new massive TV deal i think it means we need someone that is almost as famous as Beckham, like the rumors state drogba, lampard, etc.
    We are buying time until we can buy Cristiano Ronaldo, you know he would be perfect for LA and he has stated he wants to come eventually. (at least 4 years if not longer though)

25. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Adu couldn't even consistently start for Philadelphia so how is he going to start for us. Moreover Adu's primary assets are offense and he is a liability in the midfield defensively -- so how would adding him allow Donovan to push up? Or do you want to go back to the Gullit glory days of "sexy" losses?

In Europe coach after coach ultimately found that Adu best role has been to come off the bench very late in the game when behind to add some offensive creativity. But it is true that Freddy has improved a little in the last couple years and he looked good in a couple of Nats game. And MLS is easier than most European leagues. So I'm sure Nowak had hopes that Freddy had finally reached a level where he could be a consistent contributor when he re-acquired him this year.

But by the end of the season Nowak was forced to the same conclusion as every previous coach Adu's had. In the games that count the most - the playoffs - Nowak put him in for the final 23 minutes of the 1st playoff leg vs Houston. And he performed so well that Nowak gave him a full 13 minutes in the deciding final game of Philly's season. :(

So no thank you to Adu. Unless he is can come in as a $125k off the bench role player. In other words I would take him in a minute as a Kirovski replacement!