Official 2010 K-League Thread

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Dokebiteam, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    N-League and K-3 League updates

Gangneung and Suwon City reach National League playoffs, Samcheok and Gyeongju into K3 Finals on penalty wins: http://bit.ly/bDgvWz

2. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    Chunnam Dragons 2 - 1 Daegu FC
    FC Seoul 2 - 1 Daejeon Citizen
    Gangwon FC 2 - 0 Pohang Steelers
    Gwangju Sangmu 1 - 2 Ulsan Hyundai
    Gyeongnam FC 2 - 2 Seongnam Ilhwa
    Jeju United 0 - 0 Incheon United
    Suwon 1 - 5 Jeonbuk FC

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    [​IMG]

All picks from the draft.

Lee Wonkyu (Busan, 7th overall) and Yoon Seunghyun (Seoul, 8th overall) should have been the top two picks. Way to go Kwangju for wasting over half of their picks on J-League rejects.

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Sorry I can't read, who were the first picks ?

5. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    You probably wouldn't know any of them if I told you. Here are players coming from Japan that were drafted in the first two rounds:

Park Kidong - FC Gifu, expansion draft
    Kim Dongsub - Shimizu S Pulse, expansion draft
    Park Jinsoo - Consadole Sapporo, 2nd overall
    Kim Honam - Sagan Tosu, 3rd overall

1 person likes this.
  6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    My own curiosity. Thanks.

7. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    It looks like this American Draft system will be gone as early as 2013. K-league officials created draft system only because they needed to maintain team balance between rich clubs and simin clubs when K-league was in the process of expansion.

One of the drawbacks of Draft system is, young players can not choose the club they want to join + they can only receive $50,000 in their first year due to salary limit placed on these young players. When you think Ko Jong-Su received $100,000 in his first year some 14 years ago, $50,000 is extremely low salary for the young talents. That's why they choose to go to J-league instead.

I'm not against the idea of "good" Korean players going to J-league. J-league is a very competitive league and they play a totally different style of football compared to K-league. It's a good learning curve for them to experience a different style of football. It adds more dimension to their playing style.

However, I'm against the idea of "young & good" Korean players going to J-league. When you look at the Asian games match vs North Korea, it gives you a very clear picture. Last year when the Korean U-20 team made the last 8 at the U-20 FIFA WC, guys like Kim Min-Woo, Cho Young-Cheol, Kim Bo-Kyung were clearly above in class compared to guys like Seo Jung-Jin, Yoon Seok-Young. While the former 3 players all played their football in J-league, the latter two players played in K-league. After 1 year, Kim Min-Woo and Cho Young-Cheol looked to have regressed while Seo & Yoon seemed to have improved by leaps and bounds. This is not just one occasion but a repeated phenomenon (ie. Park Joo-Ho vs Shin Kwang-Hoon/Choi Chul-Soon in 07, Lee Gang-Jin vs Shin Hyung-Min in 05)

When you look at the J-league based players. These young Koreans all have to play like veterans from the day 1 as they are "foreign players" for their respective clubs. As each J-league club can only allow 3 foreigners + 1 Asian quarter, they'll have to concentrate more on winning that starting spot against the proven Brazillian players as well as against the local players. In contrast, the young Koreans who ply their trade in K-league don't have this pressure. They can earn a starting spot easily and so they can concentrate more on developing their skills. Plus, the Korean veteran players are willing to sacrifice their own free time and can pass on their know-hows to these young guys. (That is not the case for J-league based players as they'll have to learn on their own)

It's really disappointing to see guys like Park Joo-Ho, Kim Keun-Hwan, Kim Dong-Seob, Jeong Dong-Ho, Kim Min-Woo turning into below-average players when they had so much potential to deserve more than that.

8. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Draft or no draft, agents will still pursue moves to send their players to Japan. It is the easiest way out.

Biggest restriction coming with the draft is that players aged under 18 cannot get a contract. It gives the players too much time to be scouted by Japanese clubs. And combined with the foreign quota, it contradicts with the basic fundamentals of running a football club which is to raise your own youths.

9. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Cho Young-cheol regressed since his move to Japan. Riiight.

10. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Effects from playing in Japan is open to interpretation, but it certaintly didn't do Cho Youngchul any good. He stalls around in wing and waits for the ball instead of going after them. Granted, he's done the same during his youth, but it was likely because he was confident in his ability to beat his defenders with the ball in his feet. He doesn't dribble half as well at the senior level and this habit would have been long gone had he opted to play in K-League.

I hope he can make something out of his success in the J-League and make a move to Europe or land a big contract at a top club in Korea.

11. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
  12. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Fcking Seongnam.

13. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    I thought the Gyeongnam loss was a certainty but wasn't sure how the Ulsan game was going to turn out...

14. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    The match showed who has been playing competitive football and who hadn't. This playoff format is a wash at this point. Whoever moves forward will be beating Jeju. Lucky for Seoul, the final is two legged.

15. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Retarded how the ACL doesn't allow the champions to participate in the next edition unless they qualify through their domestic league.

16. thewoo

thewoo Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Personally I think the FA Cup winners getting a automatic spot is retarded. We all saw what happened with Chunnam.

Should be top 3 plus play off winner IMO.

17. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
  18. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    K-league Playoff in about 1 hr and 10mins.

19. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
  20. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The only one i have so far is this.
    http://gamsa365.com/
    then click on TV방송실 and look for K league playoff which has a gamsa link. But you need vshare.

EDIT: news has a good one

21. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
  22. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow Hong Jeong Ho and Gu Ja Cheol playing.

Thanks for the link News!

23. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Koo Ja Cheol down ... :(

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    FAAAARK Gu Ja Cheol stretchered off. Hope its not too serious but oh crap. Maybe too much playing time in short times.

Dont worry he is fine.

25. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic